The Janet Jackson Sales Thread

Mr. Wonder

SOAG wasn't going to be a hit. I don't even know why they bothered releasing it. ohboy.gif It stopped right at #28 for a reason. Other than COGU, the only other possible single from AFY was maybe the SOAG remix with Daddy Diddy. I don't see YAR, TAT, or anything being single worthy.

TOF is always doing the most. :sigh:

No, I don't! :rolleyes:

SOAG wasn't going to be a hit. I don't even know why they bothered releasing it. ohboy.gif It stopped right at #28 for a reason. Other than COGU, the only other possible single from AFY was maybe the SOAG remix with Daddy Diddy. I don't see YAR, TAT, or anything being single worthy.

LIES and MORE LIES!

Both had potential had the era been handled properly.

You clearly don't know about what can and can't be played on the radio. :rolleyes:

Although I will say AFY should have at least outsold TVR stateside, and came close to it WW.

Yes I do. :rolleyes:

As I said before the momentum for AFY was gone before the label even released SOAG. Had they kept the momentum going, and handled the singles properly... Janet would have had two #1 (HEAVILY played) singles by the time they released SOAG to radio. As you know, when a artist is in heavy rotation on pop radio...they are more open to playing "out of the box" stuff. SOAG, TAT, and YAR were only "out of the box" because "teen/bubblegum pop" was prevalent at that time, but they were still HOT tracks that had potential had the label handled things differently.

The videos for TAT and YAR would have been INSANE...

"TAT" could have been played on the radio :rolleyes: I don't know if "YAR" would have been played, but I don't think it would have been a good type of single for the album anyways. For me, "COGU", "TAT" and "FSR" should have been the final singles for the AFY album.

FSR was single worthy as well...and have been a good final single from that project.

Pop radio is one of the most fickle formats at radio. :lol: They only play "what's in" at the time, and what as in at the time was bubble gum pop. TAT would not have worked as a single. COGU was the only other hit on the album. The pop audience doesn't like anything too deep, and songs with simple and lyrics that are easy to learn. That's not TAT.

Pop radio is one of the most fickle formats at radio. :lol: They only play "what's in" at the time, and what as in at the time was bubble gum pop. TAT would not have worked as a single. COGU was the only other hit on the album. The pop audience doesn't like anything too deep, and songs with simple and lyrics that are easy to learn. That's not TAT.

Janet was in at that time, and had Virgin handled things properly...pop radio would've been open to ANYTHING given to them by her.

TAT probably wouldn't have been #1 but it definitely would have been a hit.

Bubblegum pop was in vogue at the time, but it wasn't the only kind of music on the charts and doing well.

Janet would have once again released a track that appealed and exposed her to a different demographic.

I don't think you understand. :sigh:

TAT didn't need to be a single. If it was, AFY would have been an album full of singles. The only album GOOD album tracks would have been YAR, Truth, FSR, BD, and CL.

TAT wasn't a single for a reason.

I don't think you understand. :sigh:

TAT didn't need to be a single. If it was, AFY would have been an album full of singles. The only album GOOD album tracks would have been YAR, Truth, FSR, BD, and CL.

TAT wasn't a single for a reason.

Sweetie, this is a business at the end of the day. It's all about commercial success.

So what if AFY was an album full of singles...it ultimately would have benefited Janet's career, and probably would've made the blow of the SB incident and it's aftermath less impactful on her career.

Sweetie, this is a business at the end of the day. It's all about commercial success.

So what if AFY was an album full of singles...it ultimately would have benefited Janet's career, and probably would've made the blow of the SB incident and it's aftermath less impactful on her career.

The success or potential maximum potential of what you thought AFY could reach has nothing to do withe the Superbowl incident.Those are two totally unrelated things.