Key & Peele official thread

jarrylf

These two are not funny. Shame on Comedy Central to give them their own show

Yea Im gonna have to side with the President & 1st Lady, majority of the general audience reviews and majority of the critics who say that not only is this the best sketch show Comedy Central has had since Chappelle, but the best live action show..... to each their own I guess :coffee:

Yea Im gonna have to side with the President & 1st Lady, majority of the general audience reviews and majority of the critics who say that not only is this the best sketch show Comedy Central has had since Chappelle, but the best live action show..... to each their own I guess :coffee:

The president isn't always right.. To each their own

There show is pretty bland. Every skit is pretty much white person reacts to situation like this, black person reacts like this or black man plays it straight until something happens then the real black man reacts. It's pretty bland.

The Obama translation skits are probably the most lame. The Obama impression is spot on, its the angry black man translation thats not particularly funny.

• Upvote 1

There show is pretty bland. Every skit is pretty much white person reacts to situation like this, black person reacts like this or black man plays it straight until something happens then the real black man reacts. It's pretty bland.

The Obama translation skits are probably the most lame. The Obama impression is spot on, its the angry black man translation thats not particularly funny.

Disagree completely and find the analysis as accurate as Romney & Ryan debates, but it's your opinion, bottom line it's getting the reaction it's getting from the press and audiences for a reason without having a A list cast..... :coffee:

That pretty much sums up every episode I ever saw. I tried to like it, but they are just not funny.

That pretty much sums up every episode I ever saw. I tried to like it, but they are just not funny.

LOFL your opinion, again, I'll have to agree with what their stats, reviews and rattings say, but to each their own,....I know people who don't think Richard Pryor wais funny, comedy clearly isn't the same to everyone

• 11 months later...

First off, can we make this the official Key & Peele thread lol? Alright so I've been watching a few skits on YouTube and I'm really into it now! :lol: They're impressions are brilliant! (My new favorite biracial comedic duo lol)

Oh wow @ the Of Mice and Men reference at the end; I read that book for high school. (They shoulda titled this "Of Mics and Hypemen" :P ...although that would give it away lol)

• Upvote 1

First off, can we make this the official Key & Peele thread lol? Alright so I've been watching a few skits on YouTube and I'm really into it now! :lol: They're impressions are brilliant! (My new favorite biracial comedic duo lol)

Oh wow @ the Of Mice and Men reference at the end; I read that book for high school. (They shoulda titled this "Of Mics and Hypemen" :P ...although that would give it away lol)

LOL willdo, yea they're pretty brilliant, hell I love the originality of it, like it goes deeper than Mad TV and like they touch on every race, genders etc. And I like the range that they do shit that's deep as well as flat out childish goofy shit lol.

I LOVE that hype man sketch, JORDANS FUCKING FACE DID EVERYTHING LOL

LOL willdo, yea they're pretty brilliant, hell I love the originality of it, like it goes deeper than Mad TV and like they touch on every race, genders etc. And I like the range that they do shit that's deep as well as flat out childish goofy shit lol.

I LOVE that hype man sketch, JORDANS FUCKING FACE DID EVERYTHING LOL

That's true. I like how they handle sensitive subject matter while still making it entertaining ~ that's not an easy feat to pull off! :)

Key is a character chameleon. I actually didn't realize he was the cop at first... (probably the dark setting + I'm new lol)

That's true. I like how they handle sensitive subject matter while still making it entertaining ~ that's not an easy feat to pull off! :)

Key is a character chameleon. I actually didn't realize he was the cop at first... (probably the dark setting + I'm new lol)

Yea that's their appeal and what makes them great. Another part is Keegan is more physical than Jordan, while Jordan can literally just work his face and deliver

This is the best example of Jordan and his face work in my opinion lol

Thats 1 of my faves because thats SOOOO many girls/couples, of all races and all 16+ after a night of drinking. I KNOW THAT CHARACTER TOOO WELL, and Jordan just slayed her perfectly

Question of the day (I'm just gonna keep posting clips I like lol)...

Q: If you were in this substitute teacher's classroom, how would he "pronounce" your name? And how would you react? :)

A: He would probably pronounce it "ond-REE-wah." I don't like to stir trouble so I'd just roll with the punches and say "Preesent" just like "tim-O-the" did lol. And I couldn't say "here" cuz he'd come over saying "Are you trying to imply I have trouble hearing?" :asham:

1 of my favorite sketches because I KNOW that substitute teacher, I went to a mostly white (tho VERY mixed) HS and we had the subs from Detroit and they got everybody name wrong

LOL I got my name wrong every day in Detroit Public Schools (The black teachers always got my name wrong honestly) so it'd be pronounced "Jerell" or "J'rall". lol ugh, I didn't even correct people in the later years of school lol.