The Official Alicia Keys Thread

TwistedElegance™

• 1 month later...

Alicia Keys Explains Why She Never Released The 'Put It In a Love Song' Video

In February 2009, Alicia Keys and Beyoncé filmed the music video for “Put It in a Love Song,” a cut from Keys’ The Element of Freedom, in Brazil. Keys subsequently visited The Oprah Winfrey Show on March 5, 2010, to promote the video, yet it never was released.Two years after the video shoot, people are still asking her: “where the hell is the ‘Put It in a Love Song’ video?” Essence caught up with the Grammy winner and presented her with the question yet again.

Essence: Fans have been dying to know what ever happen to the “Put It In a Love Song” video you shot with Beyoncé?

Keys: Ohhh man! Y’all aren’t going to leave me alone about that! Sometimes with creative things [it] all comes together and it’s (makes perfection kissing noise) and sometimes things almost come together and it’s better to just leave it. So we love that song. We had a ball shooting the video. It just so happens that the whole thing, for some reason or another, didn’t quite come together so we just decided to leave it. And that’s what happened.

http://www.essence.com/2012/09/21/exclusive-alicia-keys-talks-girl-fire-details-solves-put-it-love-song-video-mystery

Except that didn't really explain anything. :umm::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

That Girl On Fire remix is horrendous....

I love Alicia, but her vocals on this track are a wreck. :umm:

I was listening to "TDOAK" this week and realized how much control of her voice she had during that era. There was hardly any schreeching and she seemed to have way more power. Lately she's been doing a lot of yelling and screeching.

I love Alicia, but her vocals on this track are a wreck. :umm:

I was listening to "TDOAK" this week and realized how much control of her voice she had during that era. There was hardly any schreeching and she seemed to have way more power. Lately she's been doing a lot of yelling and screeching.

Her Ooohs are what kill the song.. It's like she went off key on purpose.. She really doesn't have that much range...

Her Ooohs are what kill the song.. It's like she went off key on purpose.. She really doesn't have that much range...

Exactly!!!!

I think she mistakes those flaws for "Soul", when its really just a flaw. :umm: It kinda pisses me off because she's a better vocalist than this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...