The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

• 2 weeks later...

That's Stefani coming through :wub:

She seems so authentic here... Makes me wish she would drop the artificiality in her image/sound at large and not just for a photoshoot.

YAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that would be a great "reinvention"

Any word on how 'G.U.Y.' did on the Hot 100?

Last week it entered the Bubbling Under Chart at #18. This week it debuts on the Hot 100 at #76.

It's #46 on Pop radio and goes for adds this coming Tuesday.

I don't think there is anything that can guarantee her another hit. Her best bet is "Swine". -_-

She should lose the gimmicks, stop forcing "art" on us and just get in the studio to record a laidback introspective rock/pop style album. Her performance at the AMA's (the last part with the adlibs) shows she could pull it off vocally imo. Imagine a 2015 Jagged Little Pill :cry:. That's what I want tbh :filenails:

• Upvote 1

She should lose the gimmicks, stop forcing "art" on us and just get in the studio to record a laidback introspective rock/pop style album. Her performance at the AMA's (the last part with the adlibs) shows she could pull it off vocally imo. Imagine a 2015 Jagged Little Pill :cry:. That's what I want tbh :filenails:

Like people have been saying, if she wants to shock us, wear something "normal".. She has the talent but it's not connecting with people.

• Upvote 1

The problem with her is that she's getting in her own way. This whole era it's like she's Stefani putting on the Lady Gaga costume to go to work... She's made the artificiality of "Lady Gaga" quite apparent with how she's chosen to portray herself. For example the over the top wigs she will switch out mid performance, the costume changes on stage, etc... It's like she's saying "this is all fake." What that's done though is divorce Stefani the person from Gaga the performer. And Stefani it turns out, is more appealing than a bunch of superfluous costumes, wigs and gimmicks. Back when she first started and did the Fame Monster and even BTW... She was doing pop but it was interesting because she had this dark, subversive current running through it. She was a rock star doing pop, almost like an experiment... Seeing what she could get away with. Well, the experiment worked, she became the biggest popstar on earth. Now that she's done that, she doesn't know where to go. She's still trying to coast on making catchy music with weird visuals. But that's no longer exciting or new, or challenging. Everything about her recently has been very "going the motions" of being Lady Gaga.

I am praying now that ARTPOP was not a huge success like her previous efforts, she will abandon this perfunctory attitude and really go for the jugular of what she wants to do.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

OMFG IT'S OPENING NIGHT!!!! And my first time seeing Gaga!!!!

Folks have been camped out since yesterday for the Little Monsters Zone and for General Admission. I'm in General Admission and I've seen pictures from friends and folks on Instagram, it's already reached downstairs.

I've got my outfit ready and will be at the arena around 3pm. SO PHREAKING EXCITED!!!

OMFG IT'S OPENING NIGHT!!!! And my first time seeing Gaga!!!!

Folks have been camped out since yesterday for the Little Monsters Zone and for General Admission. I'm in General Admission and I've seen pictures from friends and folks on Instagram, it's already reached downstairs.

I've got my outfit ready and will be at the arena around 3pm. SO PHREAKING EXCITED!!!

I saw it on your instagram lol you were close
  • Upvote 1

@ladygaga

It looks like green hair and mechanical horses are the thing now ������

MESS at her complaining about K8's gimmicks when she haself...

Karma, Ha Artpop could meaning anything Gags

MESS at her complaining about K8's gimmicks when she haself...

Karma, Ha Artpop could meaning anything Gags

She's not complaining. Just making an observation. Gaga has been rocking the green wig effortlessly and had a mechanical bull at SXSW.

• Upvote 1

I am still on a high from the show on Sunday. I finally got a full night of sleep today! Opening night and my first Lady Gaga concert, I had so much fun with my good friends, meeting Little Monsters, reading the protesters, and being in general admission.

Folks were lined up since 9am and Gaga had sent food for those waiting in line. We reached at 4pm and over 100 people were already lined up. The same anti-gay protesters that I twerked for at Miami Beach Gay Pride showed up around 5pm and we were singing "Judas" and dancing and taking pictures with them. The security guards got rid of them.

The doors opened at 7pm for general admission and we rushed to the floor. The ramps are about 7 feet tall and we were near the ramp by the front stage. It was a dream come true to finally see her live. I was teary eyed much of the night and was very overwhelmed with different emotions. I've been to many concerts and this ranks as one of the best shows I've seen in my life so far.

I loved every single performance, but the standouts for me were "Sexxx Dreams" (my favorite song), "Partynaseuous" (was supposed to make Kendrick Lamar's album and Gaga was also on the original version of "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe", but both didn't make the final cut), "Cake Like Lady Gaga" (a rap track she leaked during the BTWB Tour), "Alejandro", "GUY", and "Manicure". I was pleasantly surprised that she played "Ratchet" during a costume change she did onstage where she stripped down to literally nothing (was confirmed to feature Azealia Banks and allegedly Beyonce and Rihanna), I've been listening to DJWS' music non-stop for the last few months.

She performed "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Alejandro", "Bad Romance", "Paparazzi", "Born This Way", "Partynaseuous", "Cake Like Lady Gaga", and every song from Artpop except for "Dope" (half of "Jewels N Drugs" played during a costume change).

I must see her again, life will never be the same. Some memories from opening night. :)

Me (with the YAASS GAGA! shirt) and my friends as Judas and GUY

IMG_20140504_170251.jpg

ARTPOP

20140504_211523.jpg

MANICURE

20140504_213459.jpg

SEXXX DREAMS

20140504_221136.jpg

• Upvote 1