The Janet Jackson Accomplishments Thread

Mr. Wonder

It was good but not AFY good. 

Yes you can nitpick tracks but overall it was weaker than its predecessor 

Jimmy said the same thing about that album in 2016.. + the album lacked a theme. Or maybe it had a weak theme.. Nothing personal on that album. Just random songs on an album

And Jimmy’s opinion on his work >> you or any other fan

that last statement was a fail being it's not Jimmy's work. It's he and a lot of other people's work which he didn't like but oh well. Janet's the one in CONTROL lol. No opinion is greater than a die hard fan's opinion especially if they're hardcore fans like myself who purchased the album more than once. Janet's decision to have many people work on her album so she could explore her creative side in her music to showcase her talent and diversity >>>>>>>>> Jimmy's opinion and yours.

Edited by JoeJoe

Yet the list itself insists it made the list because of what it did, not how it holds up or even that its better than any album that followed. We all know the greatness of the impact, but we're talking the albums themselves. Controls used as a template for breakout albums, not for modern sound. Im sorry but I dont hear most non-Janet fans saying "Control is my favorite album because of its impact". Thriller is arguably the most influential album of all time but to be a fan of it JUST for that is frivolous and kinda basic. And the harmonies in janet alone showcase more vocal variety than Control, and thats simply put what makes it better it gives more variety, it takes more chances, its her going growing the seed thats Control, the 1st step..a great 1st step, but definitely a 1st 

You can kick and scream all you want, but it's not changing the facts. :lmao:  Control's concept is better - a declaration of independence. Control's concept is more developed. Control punches start to finish, janet. starts to fizzle with TT and continues that way up until Again. Throb is the only real highlight in that stretch. As stated, WID, NA, and FBB are great tracks, but forgettable. The flow Control of control is better - opens with a bold statement, but still vulnerable and then progressing to her letting her guard down to show more intimacy and more vulnerability. 

Pitting Damita Jo in front of AFY is hysterical 

Game with the good tea. 

AFY is better than DJ and ya'll know it. The only thing that's better about DJ is the flow. AFY's concept is considerably more developed thru concepts like trust, honesty, communication, etc. DJ was just about how much Janet likes sex and the different forms she likes to do it in. The only song that develops the concept is DJ, and maybe R&BJ. 

And truth be told, janet. isn't too much better than AFY, and even UB at this point. :coffee:

• Upvote 2

You can kick and scream all you want, but it's not changing the facts. :lmao:  Control's concept is better - a declaration of independence. Control's concept is more developed. Control punches start to finish, janet. starts to fizzle with TT and continues that way up until Again. Throb is the only real highlight in that stretch. As stated, WID, NA, and FBB are great tracks, but forgettable. The flow Control of control is better - opens with a bold statement, but still vulnerable and then progressing to her letting her guard down to show more intimacy and more vulnerability. 

Game with the good tea. 

AFY is better than DJ and ya'll know it. The only thing that's better about DJ is the flow. AFY's concept is considerably more developed thru concepts like trust, honesty, communication, etc. DJ was just about how much Janet likes sex and the different forms she likes to do it in. The only song that develops the concept is DJ, and maybe R&BJ. 

I agree with the janet. album fizzling in the middle. After "If" I didn't care to listen to any of the other 5 songs in between except for "Because of Love" and "New Agenda". Then later after about 2 more songs you get into it again but they're all slow songs so it's kinda like you don't wanna listen to the rest of the album unless you planning on going to sleep soon lol. Thank God Virgin Records told Janet hell no to the original Damito Jo album and made her go back and redo it. She was doing way too much with what she presented at first lol. AFY is definitely better than Damita Jo

I'm glad she made the list and and as high as she did (and doing it with Control!). Jan's other albums can continue to seethe :lol:Though I do think she should have one more album in there. However, appearing @ 17( out of 150) with an album she made when she was 19 is plenty. Not to mention the albums Control was placed ahead of. Janet stans should be proud.

that last statement was a fail being it's not Jimmy's work. It's he and a lot of other people's work which he didn't like but oh well. Janet's the one in CONTROL lol. No opinion is greater than a die hard fan's opinion especially if they're hardcore fans like myself who purchased the album more than once. Janet's decision to have many people work on her album so she could explore her creative side in her music to showcase her talent and diversity >>>>>>>>> Jimmy's opinion and yours.

That awkward moment when Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis produced more than 50% of that album AND were the executive producers (meaning they finalized the track listing)

I don’t care how many times you purchase the album. Your opinion is still wrong and isn’t on Jimmy’s level. 

Janet’s decision to work with a bunch of producers was cute but esstentially a waste

Edited by State of the Game

That awkward moment when Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis produced more than 50% of that album AND were the executive producers (meaning they finalized the track listing)

I don’t care how many times you purchase the album. Your opinion is still wrong and isn’t on Jimmy’s level. 

Janet’s decision to work with a bunch of producers was cute but esstentially a waste

Opinions are opinions. You say mine is wrong and I say you and Jimmy's are. Just cause Jimmy produced more that 50% of the album doesn't mean his opinion is the right one just because you agree with him, I as well as many other fans don't. Same way Janet didn't agree with him that only he and Terry produce lol. You saying Jimmy's opinion >>>>>>>>>>> Janet's decision holds no value. Thanks to Janet's decision we have "SloLove" a huge fan favorite and "Island Life" another fan favorite. Hell even "Just A Little While" was a hit before it got blacklisted. The general public was eating it up and Jimmy didn't produce that one either. If it was up to Jimmy Janet probably would've never been able to experience what she wanted as I stated before and it seems you like to ignore that part of Janet wanting to experience with different creativity. That's what true artists do. Oh well.

Opinions are opinions. You say mine is wrong and I say you and Jimmy's are. Just cause Jimmy produced more that 50% of the album doesn't mean his opinion is the right one just because you agree with him, I as well as many other fans don't. Same way Janet didn't agree with him that only he and Terry produce lol. You saying Jimmy's opinion >>>>>>>>>>> Janet's decision holds no value. Thanks to Janet's decision we have "SloLove" a huge fan favorite and "Island Life" another fan favorite. Hell even "Just A Little While" was a hit before it got blacklisted. The general public was eating it up and Jimmy didn't produce that one either. If it was up to Jimmy Janet probably would've never been able to experience what she wanted as I stated before and it seems you like to ignore that part of Janet wanting to experience with different creativity. That's what true artists do. Oh well.

Jimmy/Terry’s opinion outweighs anything you or any fan’s Period. 

Janet’s decision was a mistake. 

Again, you can pick and choose whatever song on the album and praise it all you like but the album as a whole is meh

JALW is shit

• Upvote 1

Jimmy/Terry’s opinion outweighs anything you or any fan’s Period. 

Janet’s decision was a mistake. 

Again, you can pick and choose whatever song on the album and praise it all you like but the album as a whole is meh

JALW is shit

That's your OPINION. Janet's decision being a mistake is once again YOUR OPINION just like in my opinion it wasn't. JALW may of been shit but it was still a hit before the backlash so there's that. Jimmy's opinion didn't outweigh the opinions of 3 million fans who bought the album :coffee:

• Upvote 1

That's your OPINION. Janet's decision being a mistake is once again YOUR OPINION just like in my opinion it wasn't. JALW may of been shit but it was still a hit before the backlash so there's that. Jimmy's opinion didn't outweigh the opinions of 3 million fans who bought the album :coffee:

Except my opinion is based off of facts and yours is based off of... nothing.. or wait  you said “other fans” so one or two other people who aren’t Jimmy/Terry, Janet, critics. 

To back up my opinion, the critics gave it a total rating of 53 ??‍♂️ And Jimmy/Terry diss tf out of it

JALW was a flop at first listen period. The ONLY reason it climbed billboard was bc she performed at the SB AND someone leaked it to Radio. It would have NEVER been first single if it didn’t leak. It would have NEVER have done well without  Nipplegate 

Album sales don’t matter... remember? 

• Upvote 1

Yet & still you can kick and scream all you want about but the fact is Control VAST majority of the time only gets it's respect for it's concept and for being a starter to a better path. Both of which don't make it a better album. Simply put (for the millionth time) janet's better because she gives all of her artistry vs. with Control, she gives variety and it clearly isn't for everybody but she it's a step in a direction that she hadn't gone, and was showcasing she had what it takes to stay around in this business with whatever genre she wanted to, janet's unpredictable, it has themes and feels & energy from all over the music landscape from generations pasts, present, AND it fits into years to come way better than Control does. Control's greeat & brilliant and is almost perfect (He doesn't Know I'm Alive ruins that A+, and is the oddball out considering the concept of the album, 1 of her best vocal songs sure, and makes it enjoyable but it's so damn cheesy on a album of straight fire, come on now). A concept isn't enough to overshadow the actual music, just like potential isn't enough to overshadow reality, and in reality janet lives on in it's music in a way Control doesn't, and Control lives on in it's concept, both repsectable achievements, but I'm all about the music and Janet's artistry, and it doesn't hurt that it's been said for years it's her & Jimmy's favorite album they worked on, and it comes through.

Control is a album about female empowerment and it made a list for albums about female empowerment, it's not exactly "Take that Rolling Stones best albums list with RN & TVR". Control is most fitting for making this list thus why it did, and they practically said that. Hell they practically open like every list that praises Control does "we know she did better than this, but lets not forget the beginning". or in this lists case "but this was the one all about female empowerment"

Edited by jarrylf

Except my opinion is based off of facts and yours is based off of... nothing.. or wait  you said “other fans” so one or two other people who aren’t Jimmy/Terry, Janet, critics. 

To back up my opinion, the critics gave it a total rating of 53 ??‍♂️ And Jimmy/Terry diss tf out of it

JALW was a flop at first listen period. The ONLY reason it climbed billboard was bc she performed at the SB AND someone leaked it to Radio. It would have NEVER been first single if it didn’t leak. It would have NEVER have done well without  Nipplegate 

Just A Little While was always going to be the first single.

Your opinion isn't based off of any facts lol. Boy sit down somewhere with that. My opinion is based off of my opinion just like yours is. IDGAF what Jimmy thinks about it. It's his opinion just like mine is mine and yours is yours. Who cares about Metacritic giving it that rating. They gave Bey's Lemonade a 92 so there's that. Just cause Jimmy doesn't like something Janet did means we're not supposed to? I don't think so. Janet liked it and so did I along with 3 million other people. Also just because something may of been a flop to you upon first listen doesn't mean it would've flopped. Take for instance "Single Ladies" which many of Bey's fans didn't like until the video came out and that's when it blew up. Who said sales mattered? I'll take the opinion of 3 million Janet fans over the opinion of 1 producer who didn't wanna share the studio with others when it came to Janet.

Just A Little While was always going to be the first single.

Please let him know lol. There's a reason why the "Love Me/Just A Little While" remix was created.

JALW is shit

Game still serving ya'll the tea. :coffee:

Yet & still you can kick and scream all you want about but the fact is Control VAST majority of the time only gets it's respect for it's concept and for being a starter to a better path. Both of which don't make it a better album. Simply put (for the millionth time) janet's better because she gives all of her artistry vs. with Control, she gives variety and it clearly isn't for everybody but she it's a step in a direction that she hadn't gone, and was showcasing she had what it takes to stay around in this business with whatever genre she wanted to, janet's unpredictable, it has themes and feels & energy from all over the music landscape from generations pasts, present, AND it fits into years to come way better than Control does. Control's greeat & brilliant and is almost perfect (He doesn't Know I'm Alive ruins that A+, and is the oddball out considering the concept of the album, 1 of her best vocal songs sure, and makes it enjoyable but it's so damn cheesy on a album of straight fire, come on now). A concept isn't enough to overshadow the actual music, just like potential isn't enough to overshadow reality, and in reality janet lives on in it's music in a way Control doesn't, and Control lives on in it's concept, both repsectable achievements, but I'm all about the music and Janet's artistry, and it doesn't hurt that it's been said for years it's her & Jimmy's favorite album they worked on, and it comes through.

Control is a album about female empowerment and it made a list for albums about female empowerment, it's not exactly "Take that Rolling Stones best albums list with RN & TVR". Control is most fitting for making this list thus why it did, and they practically said that. Hell they practically open like every list that praises Control does "we know she did better than this, but lets not forget the beginning". or in this lists case "but this was the one all about female empowerment"

Control talking to janet.:

I agree with the janet. album fizzling in the middle. After "If" I didn't care to listen to any of the other 5 songs in between except for "Because of Love" and "New Agenda". Then later after about 2 more songs you get into it again but they're all slow songs so it's kinda like you don't wanna listen to the rest of the album unless you planning on going to sleep soon lol. Thank God Virgin Records told Janet hell no to the original Damito Jo album and made her go back and redo it. She was doing way too much with what she presented at first lol. AFY is definitely better than Damita Jo

JoeJoe serving ya'll the tea too. 

TTWLG, YWT, and If are the 1-2-3 punch. Then TT just kills the steam. And the D&D Slow Mix of BOL is better than the original BOL tbh. And the album pretty much dies out with ballads and slow jams after BOL. TBTLY really makes the album start to drag. Thank God ATAP gives the album a strong finish. But overall, Control is the better album. 

• Upvote 1

I like JALW. I think it's one of the highlights of Damita Jo. Though it's grown in me a little, the album just didn't have any memorable material.

every Janet album has something good on it, every last one, problem with DJ was too many cooks in the kitchen, those Kayne tracks would have been better served by Alicia Keys IMO, esp "I Want You"

JoeJoe serving ya'll the tea too. 

TTWLG, YWT, and If are the 1-2-3 punch. Then TT just kills the steam. And the D&D Slow Mix of BOL is better than the original BOL tbh. And the album pretty much dies out with ballads and slow jams after BOL. TBTLY really makes the album start to drag. Thank God ATAP gives the album a strong finish. But overall, Control is the better album. 

I hate The Body That Loves You!!! lol I tried many times to get into it and I just can't. There's absolutely nothing about it to like.

Your opinion isn't based off of any facts lol. Boy sit down somewhere with that. My opinion is based off of my opinion just like yours is. IDGAF what Jimmy thinks about it. It's his opinion just like mine is mine and yours is yours. Who cares about Metacritic giving it that rating. They gave Bey's Lemonade a 92 so there's that. Just cause Jimmy doesn't like something Janet did means we're not supposed to? I don't think so. Janet liked it and so did I along with 3 million other people. Also just because something may of been a flop to you upon first listen doesn't mean it would've flopped. Take for instance "Single Ladies" which many of Bey's fans didn't like until the video came out and that's when it blew up. Who said sales mattered? I'll take the opinion of 3 million Janet fans over the opinion of 1 producer who didn't wanna share the studio with others when it came to Janet.

Please let him know lol. There's a reason why the "Love Me/Just A Little While" remix was created.

Jimmy Jam, the creator of the project vs Joe, a consumer.. hmmm I wonder which holds more weight ?

You keep mentioning sales as if that matters. She did release it after the Super Bowl performance which was broadcasted to millions of people WW AND BTW Critically acclaim >>> sales. Remember? 

Love Me > JALW.. the latter is shit

I hate The Body That Loves You!!! lol I tried many times to get into it and I just can't. There's absolutely nothing about it to like.

for you to like, I love that song, it embraced Janet's admiration of Brazilian style music ...if you ever want to know what Janet's listening to, and I often do, she has given us a taste many times over, I hope Brunonet happens -_-

Control talking to janet.:

janet. to Control (since janet is the grownup that is Control's potential exceeded)
Image result for Trunchbull I'm big and you're small gif

TWLG, YWT, and If are the 1-2-3 punch. Then TT just kills the steam. And the D&D Slow Mix of BOL is better than the original BOL tbh. And the album pretty much dies out with ballads and slow jams after BOL. TBTLY really makes the album start to drag. Thank God ATAP gives the album a strong finish. But overall, Control is the better album. 

Ah takes me back to the teenage years when I felt the same way and didn't know how to appreciate the growth and artistry and just listening to the songs and not knowing how to live & use them in life & love to develop that appreciation of artistic growth & variety....
 Image result for mariah carey gif sunglasses

I just can't get in to it either. I skip it every time. -_-

janet. to Control (since janet is the grownup that is Control's potential exceeded)
Image result for Trunchbull I'm big and you're small gif

Ah takes me back to the teenage years when I felt the same way and didn't know how to appreciate the growth and artistry and just listening to the songs and not knowing how to live & use them in life & love to develop that appreciation of artistic growth & variety....
 Image result for mariah carey gif sunglasses

Control is #17 on the list. janet. is not listed.

CASE CLOSED. NEXT CASE.

Image result for khia case closed gif

• Upvote 2

Control is #17 on the list. janet. is not listed.

CASE CLOSED. NEXT CASE.

Image result for khia case closed gif

And the list opened with the fact that it's nowhere near her greatest work , but the starting point that led to better. But congrats on the feminist album making the feminist list.
qy1d.gif