'That's The Way Love Goes' Turns 20

I don't think it would have either. People said they couldn't understand what the hell she was saying with the lyrics. But the melody and the rap/singing was so ahead of it's time though. Ugh. :tear:

lol yeah I thought Janet was trying to rap back then lol. I was about 13yrs old. I was like "oh shit Janet doin' this shit and sound good" :lol: What i'm wondering is why it hasn't been certified as double-platinum. I saw an article a long time ago saying it sold 2million copies in the U. S.

lol yeah I thought Janet was trying to rap back then lol. I was about 13yrs old. I was like "oh shit Janet doin' this shit and sound good" :lol:What i'm wondering is why it hasn't been certified as double-platinum. I saw an article a long time ago saying it sold 2million copies in the U. S.

I'm not sure if it's DP or not. It wouldn't surprise me since Janet doesn't care about her certifications..lol..

TTWLG has scanned 1.3mil. So the shipment is probably 1.5mil.

wtf that's it? So this isn't her best selling single in the U. S. then. I think it's probably Miss You Much. I forgot how many platinum singles she has. I think 4

wtf that's it? So this isn't her best selling single in the U. S. then. I think it's probably Miss You Much. I forgot how many platinum singles she has. I think 4

5... IWY was certified platinum in the US

TA sold 6 million worldwide but only platinum in the US... That being said.. It's between TTWLG and TA as Jan's biggest stateside singles

TA sold 6 million worldwide but only platinum in the US... That being said.. It's between TTWLG and TA as Jan's biggest stateside singles

I thought TA was only certified Gold by the RIAA

gold... it sold GOLD in the US.. and RIAA only does US released albums

Get it together Game. Did it sell gold or platinum? That's why I said this

so it sold platinum in the US but only certified gold wtf.