'Design Me' Revisited

Since a lot of members have come and gone since 2006 i thought it would be interesting to get everybody's views on the 'Design Me' competition for 20 Y.O.

Which did you like? Which were eyesores? Could you have done better? Did you submit an entry?

PK3rFXy.jpg

My favourite was always #2, and I didn't mind #1. #3 was nice but I didn't think it was worthy of a win, and #4 was a mess. I appreciate the work that went into it (and all of them) but it really wasn't my taste. I didn't submit, but I wish I had. I think I could have come up with something pretty great if I'd put my mind to it.

This is the reason I joined the forum ^_^ #1 is good but the rest were terrible considering all the entries.

I made 2 covers, I'm not sure if I still have them anywhere though. But I particularly liked one of them and its better than those 3 winners :coffee:

really?

yeah :lol: I really hate them all... I've seen soooo many good ones and they go for these... it's like they let stevie wonder and helen keller chose the covers <_<

I still hate the name of the album so i guess it's kinda fitting :lol:

yeah :lol: I really hate them all... I've seen soooo many good ones and they go for these... it's like they let stevie wonder and helen keller chose the covers <_<

I still hate the name of the album so i guess it's kinda fitting :lol:

lol well they're all better than what i could've done...so to me they are good

Its funny how people feel now as compared to 6 years ago, because back then folks thought "the kiss" was epic. Of the 4, 2 and 4 were and are still the best. 2 would still be hot today in my opinion. The third one never appealed to me and there were indeed some amazing submissions that were overlooked.

I never noticed #3 has an apostrophe in "YEARS". :umm:

That's just the space between Janet's arm and torso :lol:

Perhaps they picked covers that looked "fanmade" because that was the whole idea. If each one was too professional looking it might take away from the concept.

At least that's what I'll tell myself :umm:

I found mine btw ^_^

etazup.jpg

Notice how all of her album titles are scratched into the side B) If I were to change anything now I would try and find a different main pic, she looks like a boxer or something -_-

• Upvote 1