The Official Toni Braxton Thread.

jarrylf

babyface-toni-braxton-thelavalizard.png

When Toni Braxton hinted that she was planning a return from her short retirement yesterday, her fans spread the news across the web in excitement. However, the R&B icon new project isn’t exactly what many had hoped. In fact, the special duets album will be a collaborative effort recorded entirely with Babyface.

Braxton confirmed the nature of the album during the season finale of Braxton Family Values. Described by Babyface as following Mars vs. Venus concept, the record will be released in September via Motown and they already shot several promotional pictures as they prepare to issue the lead single within the coming weeks.

“I think I’ve made the right decision to get back involved with songwriting and working with [babyface],” Braxton explained during the Braxton Family Values. “I can’t be afraid anymore. I have to live life. It’s okay to fail as long as you try. So, I’m going to try.”

“I think because Babyface and I have both gone through divorces, and we can relate” Braxton added. “We can collaborate together on this topic and make it so others who have gone through this situation can relate.”

Of course, as I explained during a Way Back Wednesday segment regarding Babyface’s songwriting, his style of songwriting is widely considered outdated in the current era of contemporary R&B. Yet, with the dominant radio trends currently depicting a shift, there may be a chance that he could experience a career revival with Braxton. Hey, if Lionel Ritchie could do it as a Country artist, there is certainly hope for anybody.

Read more: Toni Braxton Announces Duets Album with Babyface http://thelavalizard.../#ixzz2VZH513kl

Read more at http://thelavalizard...xgoSvJeFiO8k.99

:umm: she retired I thought

Eh, ever since she announced it everybody's been begging her not to I'm with Trent, I think on some level this was the plan lol, like maybe she was falling out of love with music, but she was going everywhere announcing it.....on some level she had to know what that'd do lol. But it worked lol.

I think she feels more comfortable doing a duets album because she doesn't have to carry the project all by herself...that can be a stressful thing and that is exactly what she doesn't need. Anywho....I think its a GREAT idea because I used to love the hell out of this song back in the day....

that Boomerang soundtrack was something epic back in 1992.

• Upvote 1

I knew she wasn't serious when baby face was called on to talk her around. The project and concept were already thought of by that point. They just needed an angle

Thats my thing, how it ALLL unfolded in front of the cameras and then wrapped up so perfectly, again, the feeling might've been genuine but I got a gut feeling she knew what she was doing lol.

Real or not Im just happy, she proved with her last album & I Heart You that she she still has the talent and the voice, so she needs to keep it moving

Toni wanted to throw in the towel becuz she was tired of flopping ..okay, here's my thing. She acts as if she's the only one on the outside.What other 90s artist is still kicking ass? I mean this sort of thing.is inevitable...the nature of the beast, if you will. You've had your glory days..now just have fun with it and create. She should be far past being worried about sales becuz she is far past her prime. Hello,that's the industry.

Toni wanted to throw in the towel becuz she was tired of flopping ..okay, here's my thing. She acts as if she's the only one on the outside.What other 90s artist is still kicking ass? I mean this sort of thing.is inevitable...the nature of the beast, if you will. You've had your glory days..now just have fun with it and create. She should be far past being worried about sales becuz she is far past her prime. Hello,that's the industry.

What changed her mind... :umm: she's still gonna flop

• 2 months later...

Ah here we go. Let's make this the official Toni Braxton thread! ^_^ The R&B-contralto queen certainly deserves it. B)

The new single "Hurt You". The production sounds kinda warped (hopefully there'll be a more mastered version) but I really like Toni's vocal though... ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbNxD0K2fVQ

Oh yeah, and she also had a wardrobe malfunction (the power and impact of Janhovah :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCca5sd0WJw

(oh snap, that got me a little, er... lemme go cool off lol) Anyway, she handled it well! ^_^

• Upvote 1

Just heard the full version. Production is weak but Toni's vocals are sublime - as usual. What has happened to Babyface' vocals? I've never heard his music tbh but I've heard his voice before and it sounds...flatter.