The Official Toni Braxton Thread.

jarrylf

To me Face has never been a great vocalists...ever, like his voice is like the oppesite of Bey in my opinion, wheres he doesn't have a ton of range and he's not a great vocalists, but I think what gets him the acclaim is the emoting and personality in his voice. But yea Toni just slayed him in this song, but I thought she did in Give You My Heart and How Could An Angel Break My Heart.

Just heard the full version. Production is weak but Toni's vocals are sublime - as usual. What has happened to Babyface' vocals? I've never heard his music tbh but I've heard his voice before and it sounds...flatter.

He didn't take care of it like Mariah Carey :shifty: Tho I haven't heard it in a while..

• 1 month later...

That's how I always felt about his voice, BF can emote his ass off, but his range aint that great, and he has a whiny tone (a huge vocal turnoff for me with male singers). But sometimes his voice works

A Chris & Mariah duet....There can't be a God vengeful enough to let that happen, even with her voice today.

That's how I always felt about his voice, BF can emote his ass off, but his range aint that great, and he has a whiny tone (a huge vocal turnoff for me with male singers). But sometimes his voice works

A Chris & Mariah duet....There can't be a God vengeful enough to let that happen, even with her voice today.

I need to hear more of his stuff - I only noticed it with this song but it really is whiny. I don't remember it that way on Whenever You Call.

LOL! Lord I will not let that happen. NEVER.

My 2 favorite Babyface songs (That I always recommend): (Give U My Heart is my most fave Babyface song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5ejGUTGAo (THIS SONG SLAYS!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Qw1iLfDr4

They're whiny but their good songs. To be quite honest, keeping it 100, I prefer his background vocals/harmonies for the artists he worked on & his own songs, 1 of my fave things about the songs he produced/wrote in the 90's was you always heard that male background vocal and it was HIM and it was good. His background vocals in Whip Appeal is my fave of his own songs

PRRRRRRRREACH, you know I know it. It's like if Face had the range and power to his voice he'd sound like his brothers. Like I say don't get me wrong I can dig Faces voice sometimes, but of his brothers his voice is the weakest. Kevon's voice is so much like his tho but better

(I think Kevon is the 1 who does the 2nd verse of this song......this song that I love more than any solo Babyface song honestly lol)

PRRRRRRRREACH, you know I know it. It's like if Face had the range and power to his voice he'd sound like his brothers. Like I say don't get me wrong I can dig Faces voice sometimes, but of his brothers his voice is the weakest. Kevon's voice is so much like his tho but better

(I think Kevon is the 1 who does the 2nd verse of this song......this song that I love more than any solo Babyface song honestly lol)

Here he is on the Arsenio Hall show back in the day.. Damn that boy can sannnngggg..

• Upvote 1

lol

For real tho, don't you just LOVE it when a muthafucka (man or women) do a romance song, and they just GO AWFFFFFFFFFFFFFF vocally and just put they whole body & soul into it, and it aint even about how good they sing its just that they put so much POWA in their shit......................let me get my Teddy Pendergrass......r.kelly's bump & grind,.and Tamia's You Put A Move On My Heart....chille THEY REALLLLLY don't make that music anymoreand they need to, that was the shit.

For real tho, don't you just LOVE it when a muthafucka (man or women) do a romance song, and they just GO AWFFFFFFFFFFFFFF vocally and just put they whole body & soul into it, and it aint even about how good they sing its just that they put so much POWA in their shit......................let me get my Teddy Pendergrass......r.kelly's bump & grind,.and Tamia's You Put A Move On My Heart....chille THEY REALLLLLY don't make that music anymoreand they need to, that was the shit.

Like my girl Chante..Not really a romance song but you can feel the emotion..

• Upvote 1