Batman Vs Superman coming 2015! EDIT: Ben Affleck cast as Batman

bu.

Christian Bale did the Batman trilogy himself... Which is why he played Batman... Plus there were many other who played Batman in the past.. and Bale didn't do the best job at it

I know that. I've seen them all. Bale is the best Batman followed by Keaton imo...Kilmer and Clooney sucked. But at this point - with the trilogy as popular is it is, I just think having a "new" Batman would be awkward although they have no choice since Bale left himself.

• Upvote 1

If they can make this work it will be good. The problem they will have is Superman should be able to fix all the "struggles" Batman has far easier. They will have to establish why he doesn't just go clean up Gotham real fast. It can work and be good the comics have done a good job with their Bromance, before and establishing why Clark lets Batman handle his shit in Gotham his way.

• 1 month later...

Ben Affleck to play Batman in 2015 Superman sequel

Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman in a forthcoming Superman sequel, bringing together the two superheroes in one film for the first time.

The 41-year-old will star opposite British actor Henry Cavill, who will reprise his role as Superman from the most recent film, Man of Steel.

Director Zack Snyder revealed the big screen superhero mash-up at a comic convention in San Diego last month.

Production is expected to begin next year for release in the summer of 2015.

"We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular super heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill and then some," Warner Bros President Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Mr Snyder, who also directed Man of Steel, said in a statement that Mr Affleck will provide an "interesting counter-balance" to 31-year old Cavill's Clark Kent.

"(Affleck) has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne," said Snyder. "I can't wait to work with him."

The sequel - which has yet to be given a title - will reunite Man of Steel stars Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Diane Lane (Martha Kent).

Christian Bale most recently played Batman in director Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

Michael Keaton and George Clooney have also donned the black mask and cape in previous Batman films.

Ben Affleck's film Argo, which he starred in and directed, won an Academy Award for best picture earlier this year.

The superhero genre is not new to Mr Affleck, who previously starred as the blind hero in the 2003 Daredevil film based on the Marvel Comics.

Batman and Superman are part of DC Comics universe, which is part of the Warner Bros Entertainment division.

Revenues from the latest films featuring Superman and Batman have exceeded $1bn (£655m) in recent years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23806756

=========================================

:umm:. I just don't think Ben is good. But then I haven't seen any of his movies for the past 7 years so who am I to judge....

They should have got an unknown like they did with Superman. The fact it's a batman and superman movie would sell it alone so they could risk getting a nobody.

Not too many people are happy about this. This is what's trending on Twitter right now lol. They'd rather even see Michael Keaton

United States Trends

· Change

I liked the artistic curve Ben Affleck's career was on, but after seeing the trailer for what looks like a terrible movie about some online poker scam with Justin Timberlake playing a college student ( :lol: !) and now hearing this I think he could be undoing all his hard work. This just doesn't feel right.

Why is Justin still acting in movies? His films suck :fail:

I liked the artistic curve Ben Affleck's career was on, but after seeing the trailer for what looks like a terrible movie about some online poker scam with Justin Timberlake playing a college student ( :lol: !) and now hearing this I think he could be undoing all his hard work. This just doesn't feel right.

I felt like he'd finally put the Gigli / Jersey Girl / JLO flop era behind him.

Why is Justin still acting in movies? His films suck :fail:

Friends With Benefits and In Time were great. I don't like the rest.

No Strings Attached was shit though

nope lol I liked it and it grossed $70 million here compared to Justin's Friend With Benefits grossing $55 million. I knew it was a knock off so I refused to watch it. Maybe if I get bored enough to sit through Justin's acting which ain't as bad as Beyonce's.

nope lol I liked it and it grossed $70 million here compared to Justin's Friend With Benefits grossing $55 million. I knew it was a knock off so I refused to watch it. Maybe if I get bored enough to sit through Justin's acting which ain't as bad as Beyonce's.

FWB >>>> NSA. I've seen both. NSA was boring to me and I love Natalie and Astons movies. FWB is hilarious. FWB grossed more overall.