The Official Eminem Thread

jarrylf

There's a lot of great releases this fall.. So far Drake and Miley's albums are amazing

Katy's is okay

Yea I think Miley's was the last 1 I got, I heard that aout Katy's. People either LOVE it or think it's alright/good havent heard any real negative responses from folks

Depends on the context. I'm not easily thrown by a white person using it, just depends on the context. I'm the same way with the Black Face issue Julianne went through, I wasn't bothered because she was a character, was it too much/not needed definitely, but she wasn't in it to disrespect the actress because of her race. Now if she walked in with a head wrap talkin bout lovin fried Chicken & cown bread, and if someone asked who she was and she turned around and said "just a black women" id be up in arms over that like everybody else lol

Depends on the context. I'm not easily thrown by a white person using it, just depends on the context. I'm the same way with the Black Face issue Julianne went through, I wasn't bothered because she was a character, was it too much/not needed definitely, but she wasn't in it to disrespect the actress because of her race. Now if she walked in with a head wrap talkin bout lovin fried Chicken & cown bread, and if someone asked who she was and she turned around and said "just a black women" id be up in arms over that like everybody else lol

Oh.. nevermind :lmao:

He didn't say it

LOL I was genuinely shocked lol, because he know betta than to try it with the media & stuff, but I was sure if he did it was prob a quote or something.

no.. i could have sworn I heard the word... he didn't say it at all.. i read along with the lyrics and everything

He does use the F-word.. the word Joe was suspended for... it's 2013... I'm mid-way disappointed in him for using it... he could have used another word -_-

no.. i could have sworn I heard the word... he didn't say it at all.. i read along with the lyrics and everything

He does use the F-word.. the word Joe was suspended for... it's 2013... I'm mid-way disappointed in him for using it... he could have used another word -_-

Yea TMZ mentioned that he said that, now based on that context Iam disapointed, he know better, with all he went through over homophobia he SO knows better.

Sia is donating her proceeds from the album to a gay center in LA:

http://www.shewired....-youth-programs

On the heels of criticism she’s received for collaborating with Eminem, out pop diva Sia has decided to donate proceeds from her collaboration with him to benefit homeless LGBT youth at the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center, according to a release from the Center.

Sia, the powerhouse behind hits like “Titanium,” came under fire for her collaborating with him on the song “Beautiful Pain” off of The Marshall Mathers LP2. Eminem is renowned for his antigay lyrics dating back to about 2000.

Australia native Sia told N.Y. based D.J. and writer Keo Nozari via Twitter that she was under the impression that Eminem’s alter-ego Slim Shady was performance art, and a thing of the past, asserting that she does not believe that Eminem is actually homophobic. But, as AfterEllenpointed out, lyrics off of “Rap God” from The Marshall Mathers LP2 would prove otherwise with hateful sentiments like, “Break a motherfucker’s table over the back of a couple off f***ots and crack it in half,” and “You f*gs think it’s all a game till I walk a flock of flames off a plank, and tell me what in the fuck are you thinking.”

Sia told Nozari via Twitter, “I guess my only hope at this point is that beautiful pain will do more good than rap god does harm.” She added, “I feel powerless. I thought Slim Shady had been put to bed. Now what’s done is done on my end.”

The Twitter conversation with Nozari occurred a few days ago, and Sia has since found a way to turn the profits from her collaboration into good by donating proceeds to LGBT youth.

Her contribution will help to fund programs for a 50-bed shelter, a transitional living program, medical care, meals, clothing, counseling, GED prep programs, job placement services and more, according to the release from the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center.

Last spring Sia was introduced to the Center by her friend, music producer and Center advocate Linda Perry, when Sia performed at the Center’s annual An Evening with Women.

Sia's donation to the Center will help support programs and facilities including a 50-bed shelter and transitional living program, medical care, meals, clothing, counseling, GED preparation program, job placement services, and much more

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Eminem's 'Rap God' Sets Guinness World Record For Most Words In A Song

Eminem has reportedly set a new Guinness World Record for having the most words in a hit song.

According to Billboard, the record was clinched by "Rap God," Eminem's rapid-fire hit which is said to have a whopping 1,560 words squeezed into just over 6 minutes.

One verse of the song in particular, starting at the 4:25 mark in the video below, has left fans dumbstruck with its tongue-tying speed.

Musical genius :coffee: