How is there not a thread on Scandal?

Because of Love

"Scandal" is one of the best drama shows on network TV, finally giving cable shows a run for their wigs...the show serves every episode...and I must say everytime I see the name Shandra Rhimes in the credits I tear up a lil, because a Black female credited a fucking hit show starring a strong Black female

• Upvote 2

"Scandal" is one of the best drama shows on network TV, finally giving cable shows a run for their wigs...the show serves every episode...and I must say everytime I see the name Shandra Rhimes in the credits I tear up a lil, because a Black female credited a fucking hit show starring a strong Black female

Some folks just don't get that. They don't understand how big of a deal that is. Rumor has it Merideth Grey was originally written as a black female, but ABC wasn't having it. So Shandra had to cave in and make her white. When Greys anatomy blew up Shandra was able to present her idea for SCANDAL. But kudos to her for getting a sista cast in the lead. And i don't get the need people feel for saying, "Oh I don't watch scandal", or "I don't get the hype around that show", like its a badge of fucking honor. :sigh:

Okay, we get it, you don't like the show. And your grand prize for that are the fucks no one gives. :good:

Now that that's been established, last nights episode was good, but I'm going to need Olivia to get back to actually fixing some shit. She hasn't successfully fixed her clients mess in about five episodes. Last night her client died. :umm: And Bellamy Young as the first lady is on her way to stealing the show this season. Her drunk scene at the end of the episode slayed. Kerry needs to be careful that her show doesn't get stolen right from under her! :w00t:

• Upvote 3

Some folks just don't get that. They don't understand how big of a deal that is. Rumor has it Merideth Grey was originally written as a black female, but ABC wasn't having it. So Shandra had to cave in and make her white. When Greys anatomy blew up Shandra was able to present her idea for SCANDAL. But kudos to her for getting a sista cast in the lead. And i don't get the need people feel for saying, "Oh I don't watch scandal", or "I don't get the hype around that show", like its a badge of fucking honor. :sigh:

Okay, we get it, you don't like the show. And your grand prize for that are the fucks no one gives. :good:

Now that that's been established, last nights episode was good, but I'm going to need Olivia to get back to actually fixing some shit. She hasn't successfully fixed her clients mess in about five episodes. Last night her client died. :umm: And Bellamy Young as the first lady is on her way to stealing the show this season. Her drunk scene at the end of the episode slayed. Kerry needs to be careful that her show doesn't get stolen right from under her! :w00t:

The first lady slays....she throws whore in Fitz's face every minute :lol:

and there is no coonery to be found, no BBwives, no Real Housewives, just a smart as fuck Black female lead serving you all

When black folks aren't cooning, especially black women, some folks can't deal. Yes, i've watched bbw, rhwoa and other ratchet shows. But I understand that's not all black women do. But some folks can't accept black women in strong roles unless they are yelling, screaming and acting a fool. Sad thing is, Olivia Pope is based on a real black female who worked in DC in the 80s and 90s.

this show has brought in 10 million viewers first episode of season three, and 9 the second and 9.48 the third.....have several seats :coffee: those are "Big Bang Theory" numbers

After DVR numbers were factored in it was actaully 12 million. :coffee:

...all while having an affair with the married White president. Congrats.

Her actions regarding the affair are not to be commended, however how she conducts her business, handles her clients and solves situations is professionalism at its highest. There is no animated buffonary for the sake of shock value. And so what he's white. Would it be better if he were black?