AND THE WINNER IS.... JJSurvivor: The Best Edition. Page 29

bu.

In third place with ZERO votes is………………

……..

….

MISS YOU MUCH!!!

k29lNKo.jpg

In my world this song is known as “The Converter”. I have turned many people from a non-fan into a fully-fledged Janhovas Witness just from the first second alone. Released as the lead from single from Janet’s BEST album, Rhythm Nation 1814 this song is our Mothers third biggest number #1 single on the Hot 100. This video along with Pleasure Principle have set the blueprint for many chair choreographed routines as done by Britney Spears, Usher, and one could even include Adele :shifty:. It is no surprise that Slay You Much has made it this far. A well deserved runner-up.

The infamous chair routine:

=======================================================================

The second runner up and winner will be announced shortly.

In second place with THREE votes….it is….

That’s The Way Love Goes!!!!!!!!!!!!

x3Bl8nw.jpg

What can one say about TTWLG that hasn’t already been said? Janet took a big risk by arguing for this as the first single – and that risk definitely paid off. It is Janet’s biggest single (topping the Hot 100 for 8 solid weeks). It was a huge award winner, awarding Janet with another Grammy, more Billboard Awards, a Soul Train Award, an AMA, as well as BMI for Most Played Song. Not only did That’s The Way Love Goes peak at #1 on the Hot 100, it also hit the top spot in Australia, Canada and New Zealand as well as peaking in the top ten in the UK, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Sweden and the Netherlands.

But the beauty of That’s The Way Love Goes, goes far beyond numerical success. It is more than just a successful song. Slant Magazine dubbed it an alternative to the loud singers dominating at the time i.e. Boyz and Mariah – “"But while true singer's singers like Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men ruled the charts, Janet's "That's the Way Love Goes" offered a subtler alternative. With its measured hip-hop loop and titular one-line hook, the song was sleek, smart, and sexy—everything you didn't expect from the lead single from a Janet album."

This song is everything. It’s smooth, poetic, sultry, sexy, beautiful, seducing. This song right here…this song waved goodbye to that conservative Janet and brought in the new sexy, empowered Janet. This song is iconic, timeless and it’s legacy will live on forever. Oh and this video started Jennifer Lopez career – just saying :filenails:.

The song was recently sampled by British producers MNEK. "Janet Jackson is just the queen, and it requires no debate. All rights go to Janet, Jam + Lewis and anyone else who was involved. whoever [else] is probably irrelevant simply cos Janet Jackson, and Jam + Lewis are just better than everything and everyone. That's all."

=====================================================================================

With that said…

The winner of Janet Jackson Survivior: The Best Edition, with five votes is COME BACK TO ME.

UuBE9RR.jpg

I am genuinely SHOCKED that Come Back To me even made it this far. It has always been one of my favourite Janet Jackson songs.

Do you remember that time when Teairra Mari covered this song and failed? That’s because no one can do it like Janet. The way her emotions came across through her vocals and delivery – you could just feel the pain, the longing and sadness in her voice. It takes real art and talent to do that.

This song reached #2 on the Hot 100 (blocked by Vision of Love) but managed to reach #1 on the Adult Contemporary Chart - Janet's only number one on that chart. It was a top 20 hit in the UK as well as a top 10 sit in Canada (#3)

The video to this was shot in Paris, showing some key monuments including the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Palais, the Gare d’Austerlitz, the Champs de Mar area, Pont de Bir-Hakeim, views from Montmarte and is something that Adele would later try to emulate with her Someone Like You video -_-.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ecZWwO_hQ

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The votes for the final were as follows:

Red Simba: That’s The Way love Goes

Dayz – Come Back To Me

Illi – Come Back To Me

TC – That’s The Way love Goes

Hollyhood – That’s The Way love Goes

Game – come Back To me

Jarryl – come Back To me

Bu – Come Back To me

I would like to thank each and every one of you who participated. This was absolutely enjoyable and fun to do and I'm so grateful that you people took the time to take part.

• Upvote 3

Very surprising result ~ of the final three, CBTM was the one I least expected to win lol. But its certainly one of her best ballads B) Love the crown lol!

And top 2 for TTWLG ^_^ eh, could've been worse I guess lol. Anyway, Bu, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this. This was a lot of fun to play :)

• Upvote 1

I'm seething. :umm:

Kiiii

janet-escapade-o.gif

Ehhh

tumblr_ltfd0iEEQY1qjxzk0o1_400.gif

DianaYAAAASSSOHDEARGODYES-vi.gif

FINALLY CB2M is #1, and not #2 on something, ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!

I know!!!

tumblr_mmvomfel1X1r0ftodo1_500.gif

I just can't believe it

tumblr_mj7gw7iNpH1rfpp1do1_400.gif

After that calamity of a thread, a worth winner.

happydog.gif

And not a typical one either. I Get Lonely lovers stay mad

21631_original.gif

I'm 30 pages late but where is the best song she ever recorded Twenty ForePlay?

Honey, was that on your copy of Number Ones?

tumblr_m869q63nfa1qdejcbo1_1280.gif

Very surprising result ~ of the final three, CBTM was the one I least expected to win lol. But its certainly one of her best ballads B) Love the crown lol!

And top 2 for TTWLG ^_^ eh, could've been worse I guess lol. Anyway, Bu, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this. This was a lot of fun to play :)

Same here :lol:! I was sure it'd leave just outside the Top 10. Haha thank you - a worthy crown for le Queen haha.

I'm VERY impressed with the top 5 tbh. They all deserved to be there. Thank you so much that means a lot :)! And thanks for taking part.

tumblr_mo7fqbWfFf1qdejcbo1_500.gif

Good job, Bu.

Thank you ^_^

PERFECT ending.

It sure is

So, in reality, if not for the cheating twist "I Get Lonely" actually won... Okay.

:coffee:

Considering you didn't even take part for the majority of the competition :umm:

naomilipstick1.gif

• Upvote 2

Once again I would like to thank all that took part. This has been an enjoyable experience and I can't wait to do this again sometime. I've had the best time taking part in all of the Survivors and I know at times we have tested each other but remember:

tumblr_mixdlvHhNQ1qdejcbo1_250.gif

As I mentioned earlier on in the thread...I'm taking a break from PJ to focus some more on my life once 90s Survivor is finished.

I know!!!

tumblr_mmvomfel1X1r0ftodo1_500.gif

I just can't believe it

tumblr_mj7gw7iNpH1rfpp1do1_400.gif

All CB2M's life it had to fight, it had ta fight fight fight fight, and always came in at #2.....but finally....the LAWD JANEEEZUS WHO'S MASSA OF THIS HERE GAME FINALLY decied to let SLAY Back To Me...be...#1

YAAASSS-vi.gif

And my first response inside was LITERALLY THIS BELOW!

LSMaxPraiseDanceW-vi.gif

• Upvote 1

All CB2M's life it had to fight, it had ta fight fight fight fight, and always came in at #2.....but finally....the LAWD JANEEEZUS WHO'S MASSA OF THIS HERE GAME FINALLY decied to let SLAY Back To Me...be...#1

YAAASSS-vi.gif

And my first response inside was LITERALLY THIS BELOW!

LSMaxPraiseDanceW-vi.gif

YAS You better praise HA!

church-o.gif

Y'all and these gifs! Queen Naomi>>>

Ever since The Face I've been stanning for Ms Campbell :lol:!!

• Upvote 1

I didn't participate after awhile, because I knew that fuckery was going to be taking place.

15nujkk.jpg

Considering you always bring fuckery in here, LAmont Reid.Let's not go there. Don't disrespect ma hard work.

naomilipstick3.gif

tumblr_inline_mj94sd75Xz1qz4rgp.gif

Oh and

tumblr_mu4ek0XKbg1qdejcbo4_500.gif

tumblr_mu4ek0XKbg1qdejcbo3_500.gif

Oh off course it isn't.....

tumblr_ma2wylqFWZ1qgcra2o1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...