American Horror Story Thread

jarrylf

• 8 months later...

Just finished watching it.  I mean I guesssss.

So its gonna be connected to the lost colony of Roanoke that vanished in the 1500s it seems.  The old costumes etc. and people with torches are ghosts remnants whatever of that time period I'm guessing.  While Angela Basset/Cuba Gooding etc. are the actors recreating the story.  I'm not sure how well this will play out we will see I guess but it seems overly confusing.  Do we need both the actors recreating everything and the narration from the "real people" the entire season?

Just finished watching it.  I mean I guesssss.

So its gonna be connected to the lost colony of Roanoke that vanished in the 1500s it seems.  The old costumes etc. and people with torches are ghosts remnants whatever of that time period I'm guessing.  While Angela Basset/Cuba Gooding etc. are the actors recreating the story.  I'm not sure how well this will play out we will see I guess but it seems overly confusing.  Do we need both the actors recreating everything and the narration from the "real people" the entire season?

We certainly don't. :umm:

I find it to be very distracting and unnecessary. And I can't even feel too invested in the story because it's just a recreation... the fact that in the show, it is ACTORS and none of it is actually "real" is like... :blink: I hope that they're doing this for a very good reason, and that somehow the actors become involved with the storyline outside of their reenactment... sort of like a Scream 3 deal. I'm they sure they do have something up their sleeve, but we'll see. -_- I do appreciate that it is really stripped back and focusing on "horror" because the last seasons were really messy. 

The 2nd episode slayed way more than the 1st, & got me excited about the season. I wasnt too sure about the crimedrama docuseries look, but now I'm use to it. 

It was fine but... I dunno.... Apparently there is a big twist coming this might make it all worth it but for now it all seems a little hollow. Like the nurses, the ghost talking to the girl, was almost funny. :unsure: 

Only 2 episodes in and I'm already about to bail. I only started watching after seeing clips of Fine ass Angela Bassett in season 3 The Coven. That season was so damn good. None of the others since then have lived up to it. Circus and Hotel started off good but towards the end fell off. This new season is so boring and uninteresting to me. I'll give them one more episodes and then that's it. I won't waste my 10:00 slot watching that when I could be watching The little ladies of ATL....lol! Don't judge me.