American Horror Story Thread

jarrylf

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm..so I finally caught up on the last two episodes.  Ummmm..I enjoyed the pilot, but I really don't get where they are going with this.  It needs to speed up the plot more.

Twisty is creepy as fuck.  But it's something about him that I want to know more about.

It's so amazing how Sarah Paulson has flourished as an actress in the last three seasons.  She absolutely knocks it out of the park, especially when she sang "Criminal"..and I'm kind of over Jessica Lange's "I'm-a-fading-star-and-I-hate-up-and-comers-coming-to-steal-my-spotlight tea.

Sarah and Twisty are the only things keeping me watching the show tbh.

:umm: Judges :hmph:

Elaborate please....last season I can understand, but this season feels like Season 2

Last season was brilliant in its own way.

This just doesn't feel scary at all. And the musical number every damn episode makes me think Ryan Murphy got his fuses crossed. This is not Glee :umm:

It also feels rehashed like Hotsy said, Jessica Lange is the aging has been jealous of the newcomer... We'll see but I think they might be losing it.

• Upvote 1

This just doesn't feel scary at all. And the musical number every damn episode makes me think Ryan Murphy got his fuses crossed. This is not Glee :umm:

It also feels rehashed like Hotsy said, Jessica Lange is the aging has been jealous of the newcomer... We'll see but I think they might be losing it.

Yeah I can see how the abundance of musical numbers this year might get on peoples nerves.  But, It is supposed to be performance based with the freaks and I am liking how they are doing Modern songs in that "era"  It is weird and fits somehow.

Does anybody care about Angela Basset or Kathy Bates character here?  This season they arent doing a good job making me give a fuck about them.  I don't care if Ms Beardy Von Misery is dying and that's the story's fault.  Also her accent is AWFUL, its like Halle Berry in Xmen 1 bad.  Great actress but they needed to go another route when the accent clearly aint working

• Upvote 1

OK, I can DEFINITELY relate with the musical numbers, SO not scary, but since it's a showbiz thing it works. And for me Twisty is where all the horror is...in every scene he's in lol But I guess its just opinion

Im just shocked & surprised you aren't feeling it, but I understand now

So that actually IS Pepper from season 2, and Lily Rabe will be returning as Sister Mary Eunice and I guess they will hint at how Pepper ends up at Briarcliff.

So the for the first time 2 seasons are actually linked... I don't like it. Defeats the while point.

Imma miss the clown. I was hoping he'ed be the big bad all season. His back story was sad but it wasn't that compelling. I was pissed my girl patti died so soon. I liked her character. Evan Peters could get it every conceivable. That's all

Sho do, anyway, for those unhappy about the connection between season 2 & 4....welp, hold on to ya butts  

Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story':
'They're all connected'

Can you say anything about Lily Rabe coming back?
I don’t want to say much about it but obviously she’s playing Sister Mary Eunice. The interesting thing about doing a show like this is every season is incredibly its own story and its own beginning, middle and end. Its own journey. But we have always from the very beginning in the intertwining mythologies and how things connect. This is the first year where we begin to tell you that season two is connected to season four which is connected to season one. People have started to write articles about that. A lot of their hypotheses have been completely right on. That’s the fun of the show. Hopefully by the end of the run, be it 10 years or 15 years, people will be able to stand back and be able to say, “Oh that was connected to x.”

There’s definitely a rhyme or a reason and a connectedness to all of these seasons, but in the same way, they’re standalones, which is the fun of it. But it is a puzzle. And Lily coming back and dealing with Pepper is sort of the first unveiling of that connectedness. She’s so great in that role, Lily. I understood she wanted to go off and do her own show. But I was thrilled she was able to come back and give us a couple days and show how Sister Mary Eunice and Pepper are connected and how it’s all connected. I’m glad she’s back in the habit!

So you’re saying that season four is connected to season one?
They’re all connected. We’re just beginning to tell you how they’re connected. They’re all very separate but there’s clues every season that we’re now telling you how the different worlds are intertwined.

Oh, I thought that was fan fiction!
Part of the fun of the show is the Rubik’s cube design of it, but, yes, there are purposeful connections, character connections, and similarities and things that connect that we’ll continue to connect moving forward.

There’s that scene where Maggie is handed a cup of coffee by the cop and there’s a close up of a top hat on the cup. Is that a clue?
That is a big season five clue! It’s an arcane clue, but it’s very purposeful, and it illuminates something that you’ll be like, “Oh! You dirty b******!”

Read the full interview (great read) here
insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/31/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story-connected/

As long as this show is on the air I hope it's NEVER clear where the season is going by the end of episode 4  :umm:. Im don't do predictability, and especially hate it in the genre of horror. :coffee: . 

why are we always at odds? :unsure: I think my thing was not having a plotline that keeps you to the show, I will say this last episode opens up the door to anything happening

why are we always at odds? :unsure: I think my thing was not having a plotline that keeps you to the show, I will say this last episode opens up the door to anything happening

LOL Idk, it's just us, it's OK, we're on the same page sometimes, but on most things AHS it seems very little. I feel like that's what alot of the best suspence & horror stuff is, not being too comfortable with anyone, knowing at any moment the dynamics can completely change, who you thought was bad could've been good, who you thought was harmless could be the most evil, who you thought would make it to the end won't even make it past (in this case) 5 episodes. I stan for the show because it touches that horror freak I am in all the best ways, every season has in it's own way.

LOL Idk, it's just us, it's OK, we're on the same page sometimes, but on most things AHS it seems very little. I feel like that's what alot of the best suspence & horror stuff is, not being too comfortable with anyone, knowing at any moment the dynamics can completely change, who you thought was bad could've been good, who you thought was harmless could be the most evil, who you thought would make it to the end won't even make it past (in this case) 5 episodes. I stan for the show because it touches that horror freak I am in all the best ways, every season has in it's own way.

I must admit, horror is one genre I don't go for nearly at all

I must admit, horror is one genre I don't go for nearly at all

And see that's why we're at odds with this sir :asham: lol, and that's why that's OK that we are at odds, because we have different appreciations and views of different things about the series. Horror & Comedy are my life & loves in terms of genres lol.

And see that's why we're at odds with this sir :asham: lol, and that's why that's OK that we are at odds, because we have different appreciations and views of different things about the series. Horror & Comedy are my life & loves in terms of genres lol.

so there's no romantic match here? :unsure: I love drama and science fiction :coffee:

so there's no romantic match here? :unsure: I love drama and science fiction :coffee:

Yea not in terms of viewing cinema or TV lol....I like Drama, it's like 3rd in my ranking, but I don't do many dramatic series, I find them boring or all the same or worst predictable so I'm picky with it, and even pickier with Sci-fi  :unsure:

Yea not in terms of viewing cinema or TV lol....I like Drama, it's like 3rd in my ranking, but I don't do many dramatic series, I find them boring or all the same or worst predictable so I'm picky with it, and even pickier with Sci-fi  :unsure:

Oh I love sci-fi, it challenges the imagination, although lately aliens is not biz