Why veterans like Janet can't bounce back as easily

EphraimAdamz

Janet and Mariah and others would have to dilute their talent and sound. Music has become very watered down and that's the kind of stuff Janet would have to put out to be successful.

All the music and songs on the radio sound the same....

I'm faded faded faded, out here trying to function function function - I beat the pus*y up up up - drop drop drop it on b*tch make it nasty - you want me to beat beat beat it beat beat beat it not a problem baby- came to find molly molly molly molly molly molly - all my sh*t dope dope dope - drop drop it on b*tch make it nasty - like a red nose like like like like a red nose - gas pedal gas pedal gas pedal gas pedal - ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass stop now make that mother f*cker - cake cake cake cake cake cake and it's not even my birthday

Twerk it twerk it twerk it twerk it twerk it twerk it annnnnnnnnnnnnnd repeat

Place about to blooooooow oh o oh o oh o oh oh oh

Came for the applause applause applause, came for the applause plause plause came for the aplause plause

You betta work b*tch you betta work b*tch you betta work b*tch work brintey work britney work britney

Mariah was able to bounce back in 2005 and 2008 cause music was still sort of digestible during that time.

a lot of factors... age being #1... The youths seems to stick with people who are younger bc they can relate to them... It's not easy relating to someone who is 20+ your age... no matter what age you are

shitty music is a top reason as well as trying to fit in.

saying that all the music on radio sounds the same makes your sound like a father or grandfather than a DJ :umm:

Btw.. Gaga is flopping so bad example... Same with Spears.. MC's 2008 album sold a lot because of TEOM's sales...

• Upvote 1

a lot of factors... age being #1... The youths seems to stick with people who are younger bc they can relate to them... It's not easy relating to someone who is 20+ your age... no matter what age you are

saying the that all the music on radio sounds the same... makes your sound like a father or grandfather than a DJ :umm:

Btw.. Gaga is flopping so bad example... Same with Spears.. MC's 2008 album sold a lot because of TEOM's sales...

I see all you points.

Sure if I was saying it 5 years ago maybe......... But most music on the radio ACTUALLY does sound the same..... even scientifically. Scientist said so lol

I see all you points.

Sure if I was saying it 5 years ago maybe......... But most music on the radio ACTUALLY does sound the same..... even scientifically. Scientist said so lol

yes pop music does have the same rhythm or something... but not most... Maybe you should actually listen to the songs and not just the instrumentals... vocals, lyrics, background, instruments, sound effects.. sooo many factors are inside a song... it's like saying "everyone is the same"... it's not true... far from it..

I won't say all music sound the same as much as the industry is become very homogenized. It seems like only pop stars can have significant success. Yeah, the music might have elements of different genres, but it still mostly pop. And I say that as a pop fan.

Yeah maybe not all, but a lot of popular music sounds extremely similar lol. It seems labels, radio programmers, etc. take whatever formula "works," run it into ground, then say "screw you" to honest effort, quality, and variety. Obviously making profit is important to a degree, but that'll backfire in the long run if that's all they focus on. For example, I notice how these big-hit samey singles are always followed up by less-than-stellar album sales (altho almost no albums are selling...)

I'd rather Janet and Mariah just do the music they love at this point B) ~ they might as well do what they want if these labels won't back the experienced true talents.

• Upvote 3

saying the that all the music on radio sounds the same... makes your sound like a father or grandfather than a DJ :umm:

She shouldn't target her music to the youth. Her base is 30 +

Yeah maybe not all, but a lot of popular music sounds extremely similar lol. It seems labels, radio programmers, etc. take whatever formula "works," run it into ground, then say "screw you" to honest effort, quality, and variety. Obviously making profit is important to a degree, but that'll backfire in the long run if that's all they focus on. For example, I notice how these big-hit samey singles are always followed up by less-than-stellar album sales (altho almost no albums are selling...)

I'd rather Janet and Mariah just do the music they love at this point B) ~ they might as well do what they want if these labels won't back the experienced true talents.

Exactly. Just like that whole David Guetta/EDM craze. They played that shit out. Now every time I hear that mess on the radio I turn.

Well didn't Feedback do well without the need to pay for radio through Clear Channel? I'm sure if Jan used Madonna (GAYL) and Mariahs (#B ) tactics and landed herself a Clear Channel deal, she too would be more 'successful'.

Well didn't Feedback do well without the need to pay for radio through Clear Channel? I'm sure if Jan used Madonna (GAYL) and Mariahs (#B) tactics and landed herself a Clear Channel deal, she too would be more 'successful'.

That's record label's job... They should do that..

Feedback was eligible for platinum status in Oct. 2010.. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/952270/ask-billboard-sugarlands-sweet-success?mobile_redirection=false

The people loved it.

The bottom line is one day your in the next day your out. We age as ppl, the next generation comes in. It's inevitable..its life. But the key in the music biz is that u made the best of ur heyday to where u still have a core (solid enough) fanbase. I would take Legendary status over being "current" anyday. Most currents don't amount to much 10 -15 yrs later.. I mean look at Ashanti.

The bottom line is one day your in the next day your out. We age as ppl, the next generation comes in. It's inevitable..its life. But the key in the music biz is that u made the best of ur heyday to where u still have a core (solid enough) fanbase. I would take Legendary status over being "current" anyday. Most currents don't amount to much 10 -15 yrs later.. I mean look at Ashanti.

im gonna use this to throw shade at a Ashanti fan later thank you lmao
  • Upvote 1

If Janet get's a #1 album in the next 7 years then would make her the 2nd female artist to have a #1 album in four consecutive decades??? I know Babs has already done that.

Ch...we got to get the bitch to record an album first. :umm:

Truth be told, I think Janet could have decent success with an album release if she got all her ducks in a row. That means, Jimmy and Terry, some new producers who nobody has worked with, a label that will really support her and good songs. Even with all that she won't recapture her glory days from the late 80s and early 90s. But she could go gold and get a successful tour out of it.

• Upvote 1

Truth be told, I think Janet could have decent success with an album release if she got all her ducks in a row. That means, Jimmy and Terry, some new producers who nobody has worked with, a label that will really support her and good songs. Even with all that she won't recapture her glory days from the late 80s and early 90s. But she could go gold and get a successful tour out of it.

If Janet released today.. She would pull the same numbers Gaga did first week.. I think.. A lot of factors come into play

Janet Jackson is a smart woman. She is aware that there aint no money being made in putting out an album, which is one of the reaons why we haven't received one yet. If Janet were to put out an album, she would be doing so for her fans and her fans only...which is why she is taking her time to get it just right. I just hope that ya'll will appreciate it and not go all 'Weekend' on that ass.

• Upvote 5

Janet Jackson is a smart woman. She is aware that there aint no money being made in putting out an album, which is one of the reaons why we haven't received one yet. If Janet were to put out an album, she would be doing so for her fans and her fans only...which is why she is taking her time to get it just right. I just hope that ya'll will appreciate it and not go all 'Weekend' on that ass.

JD isn't on this alleged project

And if she's doing it for us, she better know we're waiting

I hope she's waiting until 2014.. Post-MJ trial

I want a Weekend part 2 :tear:

She's on it :excited:

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/11633-old-school-songs-at-the-bluc/#entry439094