Why veterans like Janet can't bounce back as easily

EphraimAdamz

Ch..Janet said, "don't come to the main house asking for dick unless you're rehearsed and ready for tour. That means, get your vocal skills together or learn a dance routine. You have to do one or the other, or you can forget about sliding down Wissam's anaconda ever again". :coffee:

*death*!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Janet Jackson is a smart woman. She is aware that there aint no money being made in putting out an album, which is one of the reaons why we haven't received one yet. If Janet were to put out an album, she would be doing so for her fans and her fans only...which is why she is taking her time to get it just right. I just hope that ya'll will appreciate it and not go all 'Weekend' on that ass.

They won't. :coffee:

I won't say all music sound the same as much as the industry is become very homogenized. It seems like only pop stars can have significant success. Yeah, the music might have elements of different genres, but it still mostly pop. And I say that as a pop fan.

Game tries to make it sound like "old people are crazy and out of touch". But it can't just be a generational thing because as a young person I've gone back as far as the 1940's and have collected songs that I enjoy. Those songs came out before I was born and a lot of it is more memorable than the music out today. I sure didn't grow up during the 40's/50's/60's//70s but it sure does sound better.

Our peers aren't even buying today's music so where does that leave us???

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't know. I think she's capable and she definitely has a dedicated fan base. Janet has lived the hype of the music industry on the super stardom scale which alot of artist don't reach. She's much older now and I don't think being super successful phases her anymore. She's Married and is enjoying the fruits of her labor.

Game tries to make it sound like "old people are crazy and out of touch". But it can't just be a generational thing because as a young person I've gone back as far as the 1940's and have collected songs that I enjoy. Those songs came out before I was born and a lot of it is more memorable than the music out today. I sure didn't grow up during the 40's/50's/60's//70s but it sure does sound better.

Thats you... I disagree with the whole "sounds better & more memorable".. That's subjective and a lot of youths will disagree and agree yet still subjective and biased

Janet's problem is that she is not a media whore, she will never be a media whore and she always let her music do the work.

At this day and age that is not enough, you have to go out there, pretend to be someone you are not, cry for attention and be 100/100 on the newspapers and shove whatever you are doing on ppl's throats

• Upvote 3

a lot of factors... age being #1... The youths seems to stick with people who are younger bc they can relate to them... It's not easy relating to someone who is 20+ your age... no matter what age you are

shitty music is a top reason as well as trying to fit in.

saying that all the music on radio sounds the same makes your sound like a father or grandfather than a DJ :umm:

Btw.. Gaga is flopping so bad example... Same with Spears.. MC's 2008 album sold a lot because of TEOM's sales...

Youth stick to them cause that's all they get fed

When i was a teen there were no age rules and i loved artists/groups for their music.... and artists for their music and image, but age had no influence whatsoever.... Everyone was played

If the press and radio don't care for you, you're done

If they love you or get payed enough or if they need those to make the record companies some money they will praise you till it becomes so obvious it has to turn around at some point (Gaga)

But i always believed that no matter who... if you release an album that is so good and different to everything out there, you WIll have a hit and you will find your way back to the top

We're talking about this age thing, but Cher is enjoying her biggest album ever at the age of what... 112?

in the late 70's and 80's every star and every group wanted to be different from the other... They wanted to stand out so there was a lot (and a lot) of diversity

Even in the 70's when it was all dance, the big stars tried different stuff, creating new styles and genres and this continued into the 80's

Just put on a Donna Summer album from the 70's... She did 2 a year and every album had a totally different concept, sound and style... There is not one song of all her songs that sound anything similar to a previous one...

The artists was respected for their talent... and not for their looks

Now... I think a record company can't loose money, and they need hits so they go safe and copy everything that's popular.. Been like this for years... Music has gotten so boring

They don't realize that all they do is create singles artists.... and 85% fail during 'live' shows... or they can't sing, or they can't carry a show cause they have zero stage presence or they are so pretentious that all you see is spectacle with no substance... fun for a bit but get's boring so fast

It's the old school artists that still 'bring' it... he ones that have been around for decades and brought up old school

Youth stick to them cause that's all they get fed

When i was a teen there were no age rules and i loved artists/groups for their music.... and artists for their music and image, but age had no influence whatsoever.... Everyone was played

If the press and radio don't care for you, you're done

If they love you or get payed enough or if they need those to make the record companies some money they will praise you till it becomes so obvious it has to turn around at some point (Gaga)

But i always believed that no matter who... if you release an album that is so good and different to everything out there, you WIll have a hit and you will find your way back to the top

We're talking about this age thing, but Cher is enjoying her biggest album ever at the age of what... 112?

Partly true.. it's 2013.. Anyone could have a hot record with the right equipment and Internet access.. I mean, how many one-hit-wonders have we had thanks to YouTube?

There's always been a rule to age... but when you were a teen (assuming you were a teen in the 90s), gas prices were $1.00/gal and you had to walk to a store to purchase a record.. now we can download 10 albums in an hour.

Yes.. Adele for example.. came out of no where.. MC came out of no where and went back to no where... It can happen

Cher's biggest album went 4x platinum.. BELIEVE... she was 52.. but she found her niche.. much like the other old hag, Madonna... gay men