'90s Survivor: 1993 - Winner Revealed!

TwistedElegance™

My dislike for Whitney has nothing to do with this... Even if it did.. It doesn't take away the fact that you didn't vote for two of Janet's best songs... Top ten

Explain yourself

I already explained enough, but for fun here are the details. I feel "I Have Nothing" is in Whitney's Top 10. Comparing my Top 10s, "I Have Nothing" is higher on Whitney's than "TTWLG" is on Janet's. "If" gave me some really tough competition, but how I feel right now drew me to Whitney's ballad instead. Initially I wanted "I'm Every Woman" to win since it's my 2nd favorite Whitney song, but that was voted out. '93 gave me songs I adore from my Top 2 female artists- Janet and Whitney. Whitney just happened to win me over this time. I am still a fan of Janet and overall prefer her to Whitney, but Whitney does win me over sometimes. Nothing is wrong with that, I love them both.

"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" is my favorite. :wub: It only beats "I"m Every Woman" by like a few hairs, though :lol: Chaka made me love it, but Whitney made me adore it. That's a real anthem for women. *sigh* Such great songs :wub:

Chaka's original is a classic but I grew up with Whitney's version ~ it wins just on her Voice alone and the 90s sound. My close 2nd would probably be "I'm Your Baby Tonight" but "Exhale"'s definitely in my top 10. ^_^

Your dislike of Whitney doesn't mean that I can't vote for her songs regardless of who is competing. Even Janet. Nowhere have I ever said that I don't love those songs and while I wouldn't call them her best I do agree they are in the running. Also, your "assessment" of my taste in music doesn't mean a thing to me. The only thing my vote for Whitney means is that my taste is slightly different than yours. No more, no less. Have a good day, love.

this lil gal reads ! :shifty: