The Janelle Monáe thread

RedSimba

Janelle Monae Announces Erykah Badu-Featuring “Q.U.E.E.N.” Single, ‘The Electric Lady’ Album

Robbie Daw

April 12th, 2013

Q.U.E.E.N. OF THE NIGHT

janelle-monae-live-concert-stage-600x450.jpg

Three years after releasing her critically acclaimed The ArchAndroid album, Janelle Monae is set to return at some point in the near future with follow-up LP The Electric Lady. News arrived today via a press release that also spilled the info that the record’s lead single “Q.U.E.E.N.” will arrive on April 22 — and it features fellow fierce female/lightning rod of controversy, Erykah Badu.

Monae, who is scheduled to hit the stage at Coachella this weekend, traveled to the top of the Hot 100 last year via her feature on fun.‘s Song Of The Year Grammy winner “We Are Young.” Not much is known yet about new single “Q.U.E.E.N.”, but you can catch a fun teaser gif for the track below.

jm_annoucement_0.gif?itok=D828WzOD

http://idolator.com/...tric-lady-album

Janelle AND Erykah together?! SWEET! :excited: This is gonna be one of the best singles of the year, I can't wait!

134ms.gif

Ok, this song is my life right now.

I kinda wish Lauryn did the rap at the end. That would've been dope. The rap itself reminds me of the verse in "Everything is Everything".

that would have been to much for my soul. Janelle loves her some Lauryn too, always cites her as an influence.

I thought the video was interesting, it could have been so much more than what was created. Janelle Monae looks so damn good and I love the fact that she keeps thinking outside the box and loves being an individual because that's not always easy in the business that she is in. NOW.....

THAT DAMN BADU!!!!! WOW...she is such an exceptional beauty. Her mere presence gave me life. She is so Divine and she just moves like she is a Queen Goddess.

I thought the video was interesting, it could have been so much more than what was created. Janelle Monae looks so damn good and I love the fact that she keeps thinking outside the box and loves being an individual because that's not always easy in the business that she is in. NOW.....

THAT DAMN BADU!!!!! WOW...she is such an exceptional beauty. Her mere presence gave me life. She is so Divine and she just moves like she is a Queen Goddess.

But was your voodoo spirit moved?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Janelle Monae’s ‘Electric Lady’ Album to Feature Prince & Miguel

Written by TriniTrent | Filed under Janelle Monae,Miguel,Prince

janelle-monae-billboard-thelavalizard.jpg

Janelle Monae covers Billboard magazine.

Janelle Monae has many talents – singing, dancing and songwriting – but she has a secret power that nobody expected. The exciting performer has scored features both Prince and Miguel on her new album, The Electric Lady, which will arrive in stores in September.

“I had a chance to produce an icon,” told Billboard of her upcoming debate with Prince. “It’s not every day that he collaborates. I’m honored and humbled that he trusted me. He is forever my friend, and I am forever indebted. I can’t say too much else about it.”

Monae continued, “We are great friends, and he is a mentor to us, to me. It’s a beautiful thing to have a friend — someone who cares about your career, and wants to see you go far and to push boundaries and shake up the world — give whatever they possibly can to the cause.”

However, the excitement for The Electric Lady doesn’t end with Prince. Monae has also booked Miguel for a duet on ”Primetime”, which interpolates the Pixies’ famous “Where Is My Mind?”. The crooners will join Erykah Badu (lead single “Q.U.E.E.N.”) on the album’s track list.

Watch the video for Monae and Badu’s “Q.U.E.E.N.” below:

http://thelavalizard...-prince-miguel/

First Erykah Badu, now Prince! This record is going to be another CLASSIC just like the first ones!