The Janelle Monáe thread

RedSimba

Prince actually requested her to sing at his BET tribute a couple years back. Its great that she's stayed grounded throughout everything.

I had a feeling he did. People were trying to say that he didn't enjoy her performance, but I felt like he couldn't get enough of watching her on stage. I knew he was a fan. They are very similar in a lot of ways.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I was keeping this in for hrs, Janelle performed on 106th, and ....well MY LITTLE SISTER WAS 1 OF THE LOOKALIKE DANCERS!!!! and it's going on right now,and she's there now...and I don't know which 1 is her, but when she gets back and points it out I'll say where to look.

^ Oh wow congrats to your sister!

Electric Lady will be released September 10th! :excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=log6j8qEM1o

Yea I am happy for the girl lol,So she was on the right side of the stage from the audience camera, I'll inbox you a pic of how she looked.

Im really excited for it, I've been meaning to come in here, Im pretty new to discovering her great music.

Yea I am happy for the girl lol,So she was on the right side of the stage from the audience camera, I'll inbox you a pic of how she looked.

Im really excited for it, I've been meaning to come in here, Im pretty new to discovering her great music.

Alrighty that's great! I was lucky enough to meet her at a record store signing when ArchAndroid came out. I was sooo shy! :lol:

Her music is incredible. I just played AA all the way threw again and it was still really refreshing.

• Upvote 1

Alrighty that's great! I was lucky enough to meet her at a record store signing when ArchAndroid came out. I was sooo shy! :lol:

Her music is incredible. I just played AA all the way threw again and it was still really refreshing.

Yea my sister said during the rehearsals she was funny but really to herself for the most part when they werent doing the routine.

Yea I gotta get deeper, right now I just know some of the singles, gotta get the albums, I LOVE QUEEN!!! She & Erykah did the damn thing.

Yea my sister said during the rehearsals she was funny but really to herself for the most part when they werent doing the routine.

Yea I gotta get deeper, right now I just know some of the singles, gotta get the albums, I LOVE QUEEN!!! She & Erykah did the damn thing.

I believe it. I'm a bit to myself too so I guess we kinda canceled each other out lol. She was really nice and sincere though telling me "Thank you for the love and support!"

Oh ArchAndroid is an absolute must straight-through, it's a surreal experience. I'd also recommend playing the Metropolis EP first to fully understand the concept. There's also her first independent album The Audition; it's not as essential as these but there are some gems there too. :) "Lettin' Go" is straight-up "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough."

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

YESS!! Album cover and track list revealed! :excited: She looks gorgeous! And wow, there's even more suites in the series! ^_^

Janelle Monae – The Electric Lady (Album Cover & Track List)

August 9th, 2013 by Navjosh

janelle-monae-the-electric-lady.jpeg

Critically acclaimed artist Janelle Monae will be releasing her awaited third album The Electric Lady on September 10th and today, the artwork and track list has been made available. The artwork and the titles (split into 2 Discs) went up on Target for a limited time but have been taken down since then. Janelle did indeed managed to grab Prince for a guest appearance which is a huge achievement in itself. Other guests include Solange, Erykah Badu and Miguel.

Anybody getting a Michael Jackson feel from the cover?

Disc 1:

1. Suite IV Electric Overture

2. Givin Em What They Love (Feat. Prince)

3. Q.U.E.E.N. (Feat. Erykah Badu)

4. Electric Lady (Feat. Solange)

5. Good Morning Midnight (interlude)

6. PrimeTime (Feat. Miguel)

7. We Were Rock & Roll

8. The Chrome Shoppe (interlude)

9. Dance Apocalyptic

10. Look Into My Eyes

Disc 2:

12. Suite V Electric Overture

13. It’s Code

14. Ghetto Woman

15. Our Favorite Fugitive (interlude)

16. Victory

17. Can’t Live Without Your Love

18. Sally Ride

19. Dorothy Dandridge Eyes (Feat. Esperanza Spalding)

20. What An Experience

http://hiphop-n-more...ver-track-list/

I'm excited for the Prince collab and finally hearing the studio version of EL! :D

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...