Moving to London tomorrow!

Selz

I found a company in Ealing London which sounds amazing to work for - http://www.jrp.co.uk - they're looking for a team secretary/administrator and invited me to interview for the position tomorrow afternoon. If I get it I'm gonna start looking into moving to London and pretty much start my life over. I'm very excited. Wish me luck. :D

Bu - do you wanna come with me? ;):P

• Upvote 2

Thanks everyone :D

It went really well - it was long, I was in there about 75 minutes but I think I conducted myself well. I really like the sound of them, they're growing and they're really good to their staff. I just hope I did enough that they like me too. :lol: They're only interviewing 5 people so I should find out at the end of this week whether they're offering me a second interview. :)

• Upvote 2

So I didn't get the second interview. They said I interviewed really well but the person who pipped me to the post had more 'current experience'. Which basically means they're a secretary right now and I haven't been one properly for 9 years. :mellow:

Back to the drawing board!

So I didn't get the second interview. They said I interviewed really well but the person who pipped me to the post had more 'current experience'. Which basically means they're a secretary right now and I haven't been one properly for 9 years. :mellow:

Its okay, we keep going, you don't give up, I believe in you....keep trying so much out here someone will see that in you
  • Upvote 1

You'll get the next one!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

So I went for my third job interview in London last Monday (complete with black eye after I fell over last week lol) and yesterday they phoned me and offered me the job! So I will definitely be moving to London within the next month. :excited: I'm so happy but a bit scared because now I have the massive minefield of finding a suitable flatshare before 27th April (when I have to move out of my current flat)!

It's a shame but my mother is about the only person who isn't happy for me. She's been very vocal on Facebook about it (without actually talking to me) and I tried to explain that it's my life but she's acting very aloof. It's hurtful, you want your parent to be pleased that you're getting your life together, you know?

It's a shame but my mother is about the only person who isn't happy for me. She's been very vocal on Facebook about it (without actually talking to me) and I tried to explain that it's my life but she's acting very aloof. It's hurtful, you want your parent to be pleased that you're getting your life together, you know?

Why is she upset? Bc you're moving? How far is London from you right now?

And congratulations... God has blessed you

She was upset because I didn't call her :ph34r: and she found out through FB - that's my bad but I've been really busy and you can't have a one minute conversation with my mum. I handled it badly though. We talked last night and she's fine :)