You guys celebrating Lent?

jarrylf

great post, I wish you well on your journey, I think its kinda cool, this isn't like trying to do a "True You" get in shape deal, because that was more involved and on going, this has a start and a finish, with a limited number of days a little over a month.....I just don't know how I will go without a drink, unless I see changes in my body and feel better I may embrace it

Thanks, good luck to you too, and your right its not a "Get In Shape" deal (necessarily anyway), its about getting healthier and exploring healthy alternatives and options that for this amount of time will be the main attractions. I think what you described is why I can't look at it as a weight loss thing, because I go nuts when I dont see the results I want in a certain amount of time when I know I'm doing all I can, so for me Im going to make it about alot more than that, and in fact be surprised about the weight loss.

I will be missing my alcohol too lol.....and my caffine, but I don'te really do alot of either actually.

Thanks, good luck to you too, and your right its not a "Get In Shape" deal (necessarily anyway), its about getting healthier and exploring healthy alternatives and options that for this amount of time will be the main attractions. I think what you described is why I can't look at it as a weight loss thing, because I go nuts when I dont see the results I want in a certain amount of time when I know I'm doing all I can, so for me Im going to make it about alot more than that, and in fact be surprised about the weight loss.

I will be missing my alcohol too lol.....and my caffine, but I don'te really do alot of either actually.

there's a guy at work trying to lose weight, and he is really strictly on a liquid diet, we had a going away party for someone this week and he wouldn't sit and eat a thing, I thought man that's gotta be hard smelling all that food.

there's a guy at work trying to lose weight, and he is really strictly on a liquid diet, we had a going away party for someone this week and he wouldn't sit and eat a thing, I thought man that's gotta be hard smelling all that food.

You know what I've done the liquid diet/cleanse (gret results at the end by the way), for me personally, the smells were hard within the 1st 3 days (Day 3 is a BITCH), smells werent a problem for me seeing the food right in front was the hardest, but the smells & seeing them on TV & pictures online & stuff was no problem.

AWESOME, so we have me, you, Bailey & maybe Selz all participating. If you're feeling weak let me know I'll talk you guys through it. We can be each others support. Tho I should be fine but IDK, Im just excited to make such a drastic change, shake up my life & lifestyle a bit

I considered going celibate for the 44 days too.........but that'd be doing entirely too much....I mean I gotta eat something right? :shifty:

• Upvote 1

IM gonna get a lil tipsy tonight and put all my bottles away just so I wont be tempted.

Heres the fulllllll list of what I'm going 44 days without (I have decided with a few things Im going to break sometimes, specifically stuff I don't already do alot of but Im giong to do my best to abide by strictly going without all of the below)

Sweets/processed sugar

Gluten,

dairy

fast food

alcohol

Caffeine

White Flour

44 days...

IM gonna get a lil tipsy tonight and put all my bottles away just so I wont be tempted.

Heres the fulllllll list of what I'm going 44 days without (I have decided with a few things Im going to break sometimes, specifically stuff I don't already do alot of but Im giong to do my best to abide by strictly going without all of the below)

Sweets/processed sugar

Gluten,

dairy

fast food

alcohol

Caffeine

White Flour

44 days...

anigif_enhanced-22977-1392843643-17_zps80b15121.gif

• Upvote 1

My last 4 mins of living with no restrictions, just finished a piece of cake, been drinking all night, and I'm going to have 1 last shot right now.

Had a very good & ideal last day, didn't go overboard...with the drinking maybe, but not with anything else listed

Not a restriction but I think I'm going to aim for 1 large cup of water every hour Im awake, if I can't make that oh well but I'm going to aim for it.

Yessir it does, OK let me talk you through it, do you enjoy Green Tea? It has caffeine if that's what you need

I prefer Earl Grey tea tbh so I've been having that. Coffee is easier than chocolate for me. Chocolate is going to be a bitch because it's everywhere, at every shop, at every till.

I prefer Earl Grey tea tbh so I've been having that. Coffee is easier than chocolate for me. Chocolate is going to be a bitch because it's everywhere, at every shop, at every till.

Hmm, than all you need is something to use instead of the chocolate, Im pretty much going to have nuts (Cashews especially/mostly) on hand with me when I got to snack places, or get granola bars...or just plain granola, you gotta give yourselves options for distractions

Hmm, than all you need is something to use instead of the chocolate, Im pretty much going to have nuts (Cashews especially/mostly) on hand with me when I got to snack places, or get granola bars...or just plain granola, you gotta give yourselves options for distractions

Yeah I think I'm going to have to step up on fruit and nuts. I love my dried fruits atm so I think the natural sweetness of that will satisfy the chocolate craving.

PS doesn't cutting out chocolate mean I can't have hot cocoa?

Yeah I think I'm going to have to step up on fruit and nuts. I love my dried fruits atm so I think the natural sweetness of that will satisfy the chocolate craving.

PS doesn't cutting out chocolate mean I can't have hot cocoa?

Awesome, I love dried fruit too (especially dried Mango, I LOVE that)

Thats up to you you can say EATing chocolate lol, its completely up to you sir lol

Awesome, I love dried fruit too (especially dried Mango, I LOVE that)

Thats up to you you can say EATing chocolate lol, its completely up to you sir lol

YAS!!! DRIED MANGO IS THE BEST!! It's so effing expensive here though!

Haha loophole found!

YAS!!! DRIED MANGO IS THE BEST!! It's so effing expensive here though!

Haha loophole found!

Yea it's pricey here too, so that means when I get it I'll be real fugal lol, might even slice it to smaller pieces so it'll last longer. Hell really all the good healthy shit is more expensive sadly, but since its for health it's worth it I suppose, just another reason to work on quantity control for me too lol, WATER is gonna be HUGE with these 44 days

LOL Yup, its all up to you, dont go nuts with this, so if Hot Coco helps ya then induldge.

Yea it's pricey here too, so that means when I get it I'll be real fugal lol, might even slice it to smaller pieces so it'll last longer. Hell really all the good healthy shit is more expensive sadly, but since its for health it's worth it I suppose, just another reason to work on quantity control for me too lol, WATER is gonna be HUGE with these 44 days

LOL Yup, its all up to you, dont go nuts with this, so if Hot Coco helps ya then induldge.

I just scoff it all down and cry when it's finished :lmao:!! I might have to invest in that machine that TOF recommended and dry my own mangoes.

• Upvote 1