Kobe Bryant: Don't Defend Someone Just Because They're Black?

bu.

Over the span of Kobe Bryant‘s career….we’ve seen him do and say some very smug, cavalier and even cornball things at times but the comments that he made regarding the Miami Heat‘s support afterTrayvon Martin was killed…by far takes the cake! According to NewsOne, Kobe was interviewed recently by the New Yorker.

In the March 31st issue, Kobe Bryant reportedly discussed a plethora of topics with famed writer Ben McGrath. However, it’s a particular section of the interview that has jaws dropping everywhere! Bryant allegedly made comments which basically said that wide-spread support for Trayvon Martin was premature and that he refused to show support for the slain teen simply because he’s African American.

Rub your eyes and read it again if you need to but we assure you that you read it correctly the first time!

Take a look at what Kobe said when asked by McGrath what he thought about the Miami Heat’s “Hoodie” photo!

"I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American. That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself."

http://theurbandaily...-support-quote/

============================================

But bae - people supporting Trayvon because he was wrongfully killed and justice was NOT served. But bae - what about the people that supported you during your rape drama?

iOv9eDwVqPn7S.gif

He's an IDIOT for how he went about this, though I think I can somehow understand his point thanks to the tweet. No-one should jump to conclusions before the facts roll in. However, as for the Trayvon case, enough of the facts had come in by the time the story took off to see that he was the victim of injustice. Throughout the whole case. People had every reason to rally to his side, or rather, that of his family's. Kobe might have a decent point, but he definitely used the WRONG case for it.

• Upvote 1

He's an IDIOT for how he went about this, though I think I can somehow understand his point thanks to the tweet. No-one should jump to conclusions before the facts roll in. However, as for the Trayvon case, enough of the facts had come in by the time the story took off to see that he was the victim of injustice. Throughout the whole case. People had every reason to rally to his side, or rather, that of his family's. Kobe might have a decent point, but he definitely used the WRONG case for it.

Thank you for this truth twin.

He makes a good case for not defending just any case because of being black, but at the same time why he's stupid is we don't support justice for Trayvon only because he's black, I'm against all kids being pointlessly & stupidly murdered...you know it's how we're all supposed to be....

Athletes, why do we even let them talk :sigh:

• Upvote 1

Thank you for this truth twin.

He makes a good case for not defending just any case because of being black, but at the same time why he's stupid is we don't support justice for Trayvon only because he's black, I'm against all kids being pointlessly & stupidly murdered...you know it's how we're all supposed to be....

Athletes, why do we even let them talk :sigh:

You're very welcome.

This athlete should have been gone for a while now. Some athletes actually have some sense. See the Heat photo being referred to in this article.

He wasn't convicted of rapping anyone.

I think the point that tweeter is trying to make is if the system didn't work for Trayvon then maybe it didn't work for the girl that claimed to have been raped? But then that kinda says the system never works - which obviously it does, it just happens to get it wrong sometimes. I don't know :lol:.

What do you think of Kobe's quote though?

I think the point that tweeter is trying to make is if the system didn't work for Trayvon then maybe it didn't work for the girl that claimed to have been raped? But then that kinda says the system never works - which obviously it does, it just happens to get it wrong sometimes. I don't know :lol:.

What do you think of Kobe's quote though?

I don't like the way it was worded but he wasn't lying.. He did say the system didn't work in convicting GZ which is all that matters..

I just hate when he says something someone doesn't like (which happens a lot :lol: ) and they automatically mention the rape case..

Same thing with MJ and the child molestation cases..

R Kelly is a little different because there were videos..

I don't like the way it was worded but he wasn't lying.. He did say the system didn't work in convicting GZ which is all that matters..

I just hate when he says something someone doesn't like (which happens a lot :lol: ) and they automatically mention the rape case..

Same thing with MJ and the child molestation cases..

R Kelly is a little different because there were videos..

I agree - The wording is very off. I think he used the wrong example to bring the issue to light like Reyna said haha.

I'm guilty of doing that >_<. Admittedly I did it just for jokes though lol...but I understand why it would annoy though. I get pissed when people bring the MJ stuff up >_<