Which of the 7 deadly sins is the biggest vice for you?

Aquaria

Me personally would be gluttony -_- learning how to have a healthy relationship with food is one f the things I'm still trying to figure out. I'm good at being disciplined but when I'm bad... I'm bad :umm: and that's my problem, only takes one small thing to set me off, then it's off the wagon, down a hill and off a cliff -_-

• Upvote 1

Pride. The damage I've dealt with from guilt has dealt me an excessive amount of it. I've been made to feel so much guilt from a certain person in my life (so much that I'm not even sure I deserve all of it given the circumstances) that it's hardened me into not being able to feel as much guilt or humility when it really is necessary. I may appear to feel truly guilty or humble, but in my mind I don't always feel it. I know I need to fix this, but I'm not sure how.

Pride. The damage I've dealt with from guilt has dealt me an excessive amount of it. I've been made to feel so much guilt from a certain person in my life (so much that I'm not even sure I deserve all of it given the circumstances) that it's hardened me into not being able to feel as much guilt or humility when it really is necessary. I may appear to feel truly guilty or humble, but in my mind I don't always feel it. I know I need to fix this, but I'm not sure how.

Jeez :unsure: you've got issues -_-

Quick Guide:

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Sloth

:asham: jk but that is quite interesting and complicated

:asham: Well I do have issues. I do admit that. -_- I just think it's an end result of what happens when you've been a pushover for so long and in trying to compensate for it, you might overdo it. There's still a part of me that ends up overcompensating in the opposite direction but then something happens and it reverses leaving the cycle to continue. It pains me because of the situations where I do need to humble myself or just take others into account a little more, but I tread so softly into it or not at all from fear of being taken advantage of. I really need figure out better balance, or a shrink.

:asham: Well I do have issues. I do admit that. -_- I just think it's an end result of what happens when you've been a pushover for so long and in trying to compensate for it, you might overdo it. There's still a part of me that ends up overcompensating in the opposite direction but then something happens and it reverses leaving the cycle to continue. It pains me because of the situations where I do need to humble myself or just take others into account a little more, but I tread so softly into it or not at all from fear of being taken advantage of. I really need figure out better balance, or a shrink.

Yes I see what you mean and I've seen that in others. Not necessarily saying this is you, but usually people with the biggest chips on their shoulders have some insecurity or something they're trying to make up for. I think in time you'll level off... You're proving to yourself that situation from the past doesn't define you... But soon you won't feel the need to show it you'll just know it and feel it and won't fear being taken advantage of. I think that's the biggest sign of personal growth and evolution, after you pass the "fighting" phase and reach an inner peace which is beyond fear.

Yes I see what you mean and I've seen that in others. Not necessarily saying this is you, but usually people with the biggest chips on their shoulders have some insecurity or something they're trying to make up for. I think in time you'll level off... You're proving to yourself that situation from the past doesn't define you... But soon you won't feel the need to show it you'll just know it and feel it and won't fear being taken advantage of. I think that's the biggest sign of personal growth and evolution, after you pass the "fighting" phase and reach an inner peace which is beyond fear.

You're definitely right about that insecurity actually. I can name at least a couple in my mind that are affecting me. I hope you're right about the rest. You might be since I can at least admit all of this is going on and try in someway to think through it or change it as opposed to ignoring it. Maybe I will get past the "fighting" phase since I can identify what it is. Thanks for this. It's really helpful.

You're definitely right about that insecurity actually. I can name at least a couple in my mind that are affecting me. I hope you're right about the rest. You might be since I can at least admit all of this is going on and try in someway to think through it or change it as opposed to ignoring it. Maybe I will get past the "fighting" phase since I can identify what it is. Thanks for this. It's really helpful.

Yeah that's always key in getting past these things... When you hear these little voices in your head, put them on trial. Follow your fears and doubts to their worst conclusions and you will realize it's not that bad and while these voices can be useful to prepare you in making wise decisions, most of the time, they don't have your best interest in mind and learning how to identify them and telling them to shut up will empower you to have more control.

This session is on the house btw -_-:lol:

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's always key in getting past these things... When you hear these little voices in your head, put them on trial. Follow your fears and doubts to their worst conclusions and you will realize it's not that bad and while these voices can be useful to prepare you in making wise decisions, most of the time, they don't have your best interest in mind and learning how to identify them and telling them to shut up will empower you to have more control.

This session is on the house btw -_-:lol:

That's an excellent idea. Usually I feel like the one on trial in those cases, like you've probably guessed. This just might work. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again!

Thank goodness, because I'm broke right now :asham::lol:

Envy, I used to compare and measure myself to all of my friends, family, and school mates. I would always feel that everyone was ahead of me and that I had to do just as good or better than them because I don't have what they have. Thankfully, I'm learning that life is not a competition with others.