Adult Swim announces "The Boondocks" Season 4 will be final season

Bailey

....Aaron McGruder the controversial creator of the animated cartoon series "The Boondocks" in an official statement has confirmed that the "Boondocks" season 4 will be the show's last, and interestingly he had no creative input into the final season as Sony Pictures and McGruder could not reach agreement over the show. Season 4 is set to premiere April 21, 2014 and will consist of 23 episodes. McGruder is slated to produce another show for Adult Swim titled "Black Jesus"

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/aaron-mcgruder-not-involved-boondocks-fourth-season.html

Yea Gary gave me the heads up on that. Im just ready for it, been ready for 2 yrs!

okay but that still leaves the question wtf happen? Why did McGruder pull a Dave Chapelle?.......and Im mad the show must end because McGruder has been the hold up all this time, its been 4 whole fucking years!!!

okay but that still leaves the question wtf happen? Why did McGruder pull a Dave Chapelle?.......and Im mad the show must end because McGruder has been the hold up all this time, its been 4 whole fucking years!!!

I'd bet on it was probably a money or content issue

well normally a season would be about 13 episodes or so, so the fact this season is 23, kinda gives us two seasons, and if the Boondocks lasted 5 seasons I guess Im cool with that, but that shit better be funny as fuck, cause some episodes are hit and miss for me

I'd bet on it was probably a money or content issue

he's had episdoes they didnt air, if it was content they could have come to some agreement, my thing here is a Black man came up with a brilliant idea, and somehow between money and the head hochos the shit fell apart, I mean I used to read his actual comic strip in the paper, and it was funny as fuck, very political and he spared no one he went after any Black entertainer and roasted they ass, he went after politics VERY much, thats the one BIG change the show had, it didn't have the political comments the strip did

When it was announced that Adult Swim hit "The Boondocks" would be returning for a fourth and final season, the part of the press release that stuck out was how series creator Aaron McGruber wouldn't be back. At the time, Sony Pictures Television explained the new season "was produced without the involvement of Aaron McGruder, when a mutually agreeable production schedule could not be determined."

While McGruber was initially silent on the issue, he took to the Facebook page of his next Adult Swim show, "Black Jesus" to address his departure. In an open letter on the page, he writes about the responsibility he had to make sure the show offended viewers, but that it was for "the right reasons." Doing so was not an easy task, nor was it quick.

He doesn't say what, exactly, led to his departure, but writes, "To quote a great white man, 'Hollywood is a business'. And to quote another great white man, 'Don't hold grudges'." It doesn't sound as "mutually agreeable" as the studio said it was.

McGruber created "The Boondocks" as a comic strip in college before it eventually became a show. You can read his entire open letter on the "Black Jesus" Facebook page.