Game of Thrones Season 4 (Season Finale Tonight!!!)

Bailey

I agree. They changed too many things and they didn't introduce

Lady Stoneheart, like they did in the end of the 3rd book

Brienne would not beat the Hound in the book :(

I've heard two complaints this season from fans of the books, the scene at Joffrey's death where Cersei is "raped" they say its not in keeping in the book, and this character Lady Stoneheart

Yes. They still deny she was raped in the show too and it was part of the sub context of both the characters and their volatile relationship. Also Tyrion in the book confronted Tywin about his former wife Tysha, because he had found out by Jaime she wasn't a whore and actually loved him. He didn't even love Shae in the book.

I guess if the show followed the book to every detail it wouldn't be that much to look forward to. To be fair "The Hunger Games" doesn't follow the books exactly either, close sure, but not exactly

I agree, But changing Tyrions reason for killing Tywin damages his arc in a great deal, can't say why though since it would involve major spoilers.

• 2 years later...

4 Spinoff shows being developed wow .  No wonder it is taking him so long to finish the books

“Game of Thrones” is closing in on its final two seasons, but HBO is not going to give up on Westeros.

There are only 13 episodes left in HBO’s hit series, which the network is breaking up into two seasons — seven this year, and six next year. The premium cable channel announced in a statement Thursday that it was developing scripts to spin off the series that will “explore different time periods of George R.R. Martin’s vast and rich universe.” 

For months, HBO has been in talks with Mr. Martin, the author of the “Game of Thrones” novels, about spinning off the story once the drama wraps up. There is a playbook for this: AMC rolled out a prequel, “Better Call Saul,” after its successful drama “Breaking Bad” went off the air in 2013.

It also qualifies as a no brainer: “Game of Thrones” has won best drama Emmy each of the last two years, and it is, by far, the network’s most popular show. HBO draws revenue from subscriptions — both on cable and its digital-only offerings — and future seasons of “Thrones” will be catnip to subscribers who have signed up for the series.

Currently HBO has locked up deals with four writers who are each plumbing Mr. Martin’s books for scripts: Max Borenstein, Jane Goldman, Brian Helgeland and Carly Wray. Mr. Martin is working on scripts with Ms. Goldman and Ms. Wray. Other than Mr. Martin, none of the writers have written on “Thrones” before.

The show’s longtime executive producers, Dan Weiss and David Benioff, will get executive producer credits but are not expected to be actively involved with any new spinoff series. “We will support them as they take a much deserved break from writing about Westeros once the final season is complete,” the network said in a statement.

HBO did not elaborate as to what time period the four scripts would be exploring. It is also no guarantee that the scripts will pan out. The earliest a new season of “Thrones” could come would likely be 2019.

NYT 

Edited by kidfresh832

4 Spinoff shows being developed wow .  No wonder it is taking him so long to finish the books

NYT 

I read that yesterday too, I dont know how I feel about a bunch of prequels and other stuff going on they (Hollywood) do this often with hit shows but the spin offs dont do that well, "Breaking Bad" has a spin off no one talks about, "The Walking Dead" has a spin off I hear nothing about