US Navy steps shit up - Ironman Robot Type Workers are the future?

bu.

US Navy tests robotic fire-fighters

Fire-fighting robots designed to withstand intense heat are to be tested by the US Navy this summer.

The Shipboard Autonomous Fire-fighting Robot (SAFFiR) has been built by engineers at Virginia Tech and other US universities.

The robots are expected to perform a variety of tasks - balancing, turning valves, picking up and dragging a fire hose and jetting water on the fire.

They also have a vision system to search for survivors.

"The human-sized autonomous robot is capable of finding and suppressing shipboard fires and working seamlessly with human fire-fighters," says the Office of Naval Research's website.

Such a machine should be "able to withstand higher heat for longer periods than human fire-fighters," it adds.

Two versions of the robot, made by researchers at Virginia Tech and the universities of California, Los Angeles and Pennsylvania, will be tested on board the decommissioned USS Shadwell.

The ship is regularly set on fire to test new equipment.

One robot will be about 5ft (1.5m) while the other will be slightly taller and more advanced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-26850631

Sex with a robot.. :umm: that's where this convo is going?

well if man seeks to either destroy or create it makes sense that the natural evolution of tech is to either create better ways of killing one another, or better ways of fucking, I just saw a new sex toy online that is actually genius, its made of thick rubber I guess, but its like flesh, and you fill it up with water.....its like a real ass you smack it it jiggles :filenails:

well if man seeks to either destroy or create it makes sense that the natural evolution of tech is to either create better ways of killing one another, or better ways of fucking, I just saw a new sex toy online that is actually genius, its made of thick rubber I guess, but its like flesh, and you fill it up with water.....its like a real ass you smack it it jiggles :filenails:

you saw the movie "Her" it's not that far fetched we just need better processors

Natural evolution of tech? That sex toy isn't new technology... or robotic for that matter... making you're long-winded point, moot

No I haven't seen that movie and it is far-fetched... hence it being a movie and not an actual event..

China (or another Asian country) is developing sex dolls... but that's China :umm:

I wouldn't say "rapidly"... We haven't evolved in 17,000 years

Its the technology that is evolving rapidly and are ever depending reliance on it. I have only to observe people zombiefied by their smartphones walking down the street, "downloading apps" and "upgrading" their phones. Think of how things were 10 years ago, to where we are now...and then in another 10 years.