Diva Duel #7 - Backstreet Boys vs 'NSync

bu.

Diva Duel #7: Backstreet Boys vs 'NSync  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Better?

nsync-bsb.jpg

Both were pivotal acts during the 90's boy-band obsession, but who edges the other one out?

Who had the better music?

Who had the better singers?

Who had the better overall look?

Who was better overall?

Who had more of an impact?

PS I'd love for more of a discussion to be placed in these rather just the act name in replies. The last Diva Duel was awesome with people expanding on their answers ^_^

Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys

I always felt the BSB were better than Nsync. They pretty much were cut from the same cloth, but BSB were more "mature".."I Want It That Way">>>>>>>>>>

All of the lies... Did not make a better impact... They did NOT make better music... Maybe it's a generational thing but NSYNC was my generation's boy band.. Fun music.. great albums.. Opening for the Goddess in 1997...

Janet + NSYNC >>>>> Lessors

'Nsync for all of the above. I never really cared for BSB. They had a few cute tracks, but overall they bored me. I still bop to 'Nsync tracks quite often.

JC and Justin were/are better singers than anyone else in either group. Especially JC.

All of the lies... Did not make a better impact... They did NOT make better music... Maybe it's a generational thing but NSYNC was my generation's boy band.. Fun music.. great albums.. Opening for the Goddess in 1997...

Janet + NSYNC >>>>> Lessors

Nsync was molded after BSB..They did make an impact.

They had better music as well. Millenium and to an extent "Black and Blue" were better ALBUMS than Nsync's.

They are part of the same generation. Had the same demographic..

• Upvote 1

Nsync was molded after BSB..They did make an impact.They had better music as well. Millenium and to an extent "Black and Blue" were better ALBUMS than Nsync's.They are part of the same generation. Had the same demographic..
Can't be molded after BSB and be apart of the same generation

Meanwhile NSYNC was killed off, makes a return, and the ppl go crazy

BSB hasn't stopped, continues to tour together with another lessor boy band or girl band, and the people don't care

Death is a better option

:lmao:

Can't be molded after BSB and be apart of the same generation

Meanwhile NSYNC was killed off, makes a return, and the ppl go crazy

BSB hasn't stopped, continues to tour together with another lessor boy band or girl band, and the people don't care

Why the hell not? Ask Chris Kirkpatrick.. :lmao: He couldn't get into BSB so he wanted to form another boy band.. :coffee:

So what's your point there? They were a popular group.

Well that shows that they have lasted longer than Nsync..and if you're talking about NKOTB, well they were bigger than both boy bands.

Last longer? They're not lasting anymore.. They're like Cher but with talent... And without the fan base

NKOTB are the worst.. You claim they're bigger than both yet still can't tour alone. Maybe they WERE bigger but only one of the three boy bands mentioned is still relevant

BAB are flopping left and right and time is not on their side. NSYNC, and DC both got out of the band-gang before it was too late

Nsync is NO MORE. So how the hell are they still relevant? :huh:

But NKOTB are TOURING..still making money..and who cares if they are flopping..they PEAKED. All artists do.

Making headlines boo...

When they toured alone.. the only sold 60% of their seats total... When touring with BSB.. it jumped to 90% and if they split that check between every member probably equally.. They're making money, yes... but it shows their impact wasn't all that

Yes.. but when you're riding the wave for too long.. It shows and hurts legacies

Making headlines boo...

When they toured alone.. the only sold 60% of their seats total... When touring with BSB.. it jumped to 90% and if they split that check between every member probably equally.. They're making money, yes... but it shows their impact wasn't all that

Yes.. but when you're riding the wave for too long.. It shows and hurts legacies

And where are they now?

Well they are a boy band that debuted over 20 years ago..that's impact..regardless of their stature now(which is logical since they peaked a long time ago).

Well that goes without saying..it's not hurting their legacy..they are trying to make some money..ain't nothing wrong with that.

I mean - one could argue that 'NSync are only "relevant" or "making headlines" because Justin is so popular. :unsure:

They both have 2 diamond albums each - fun fact ^_^

Truth

Honestly both of them (the whole teen pop movement) are the epitome of my people who hate pop music hate pop music: They were more formula and marketing than art

But I'll say 'NSYNC. There at least was some growth with them

As a kid when both groups were relevant, I would've picked Nsync off the bat I mean hello, JC's vocals slay, but I'm digging BSB's more today than when they were new. So it's harder now but, just cause JC slays I'll just still vote Nsync. Funny fact I didn't know, BSB is the most successful boy band of all time...and Nsync isn't even top 7, but to be fair to Nsync, everyone who is has a minimum of 8 albums and Nsync just has 4, But to be fair to the BSB, they still kill it performance wise, wheres that 30sec Nsync reunion was a mess lol

Who had the better music? BSB

Who had the better singers? JC, so Nsync (even tho as a group, I guess it'd be BSB, tighter harmony's)

Who had the better overall look? BSB

Who was better overall?Nsync

Who had more of an impact? BSB is the most successful boy band of all time and is literally the reason Nsync exists....#justsayin

I'd also like to thank This Is The End for my rediscovery of BSB

JC is a better singer than anyone else in either group.

100% Truth