Official Thread - Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour

Sam Smith performed last week on SNL and I fell head over heels for this song on first listen. Here's a lil bio on Sam Smith:

Samuel Frederick "Sam" Smith (born 19 May 1992) is an British singer-songwriter. He rose to fame in October 2012 when he featured on Disclosure's breakthrough single "Latch", which peaked at number eleven on the UK chart. His subsequent feature—on Naughty Boy's "La La La"—earned him his first number-one single in May 2013. In December 2013, Smith was nominated for the 2014 BRIT Critics' Choice Award and the BBC's Sound of 2014 poll; both of which he went on to win. He is scheduled to release his debut studio album, In the Lonely Hour, on 26 May 2014 via Capitol Records. The lead single, "Lay Me Down", was released prior to "La La La". The second single, "Money on My Mind", was released on 16 February His third single, "Stay With Me" was released sometime in March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-5XG-DbAA
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

He has a great album.. and it's not out in the US yet.

His album has a theme.. his songs are personal and deep... his voice is pure... I heard him on SNL.. I am very satisfied

Isn't he a Janet fan or am I confusing him. I think I read his name in the praise thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhhhh, I'm juss now connecting the dots for myself. Like 3 wks ago..was watching tv and I had came across the "Stay With Me" video on Diddy's new music network 'Revolt' ..and I liked his voice and the song so much to where I juss recorded the video on my DVR as I was watching it..cuz i wanted to save it and come back to it eventually so I could do sum research on who this new guy was that I had never seen before . I'm mad...I didn't know this was the same person :lol: ...thanx Norman. Imma definitely check out his work now.

• Upvote 1

Ohhhhhhh, I'm juss now connecting the dots for myself. Like 3 wks ago..was watching tv and I had came across the "Stay With Me" video on Diddy's new music network 'Revolt' ..and I liked his voice and the song so much to where I juss recorded the video on my DVR as I was watching it..cuz i wanted to save it and come back to it eventually so I could do sum research on who this new guy was that I had never seen before . I'm mad...I didn't know this was the same person :lol: ...thanx Norman. Imma definitely check out his work now.

I figured when I put "gay singer" you would reply :shifty:

Good Thing

Leave Your Lover

Like I Can

Stay With Me

Lay With Me

Those are my recommendations