Welcome To The 2014 Planet Janet Forum Awards!

TwistedElegance™

I am honored and humbled by my wins, thank you!

A long time ago I was widely hated on this forum and very misunderstood. I've matured a lot and have come to think of you all most of you as a small virtual family and it means a lot to be "recognized" in this way.

Congratulations to all of the other winners :D

Who exactly are you? I mean what was your old username? Your not HiltonSuite are you? :umm:

Congrats Austin

janet_jackson_2001_01_10.jpg

WOW thank you guys sooo much for this award, I do work very hard to dig through sources,rumors & clues to report the newest freshest Janet news to you all. Since this is my last award I have special thanks for the most of you (AND DONT YOU DARE START THAT MUSIC!)

I already thanked my Rey Rey for the great friendship. Next my Bubu, probably the 2nd person I ever talked to personally in DM here, I liked you right away and I love you like a best friend today. Same with TOF & Andy over the years. My Roc THERE IS ONLY 1!!! LOL and Im glad I can call him a friend, hoping to get closser. Escapade! MA GURL, YOU MA GURL! You rock, you deserve all your awards, you are a great & hilarious person. My Matt Matt, we connected so well, we have our battles but I always liked you and thought/think you're a great guy. GOD! (JESSIE!!!!) YOU are sooo underrated as a member here, we need more of you. Joe you're hilarious! Kishi & Ralphie, I miss you 2 fellas. Bailey, my Michigan homey, never a dull moment with you. Same for Austin, some things we'll never agree on but over time it turns out theres alot we do. And last but not least my Normerson! 1 of the funniest, quirkiest, unique, difficult, challenging, yet highly entertaining people I've ever encountered, we started out as such enemy's but damnit I grew to like you and today consider you a good friend.

Ummm.....if you aren't named....either I forgot you (sorry), or we don't really interact much, or your just not worth mentioning

Thank you so much!

tumblr_mx5ak5oagi1s07e8co1_250.gif

You deserve all the awards and more!

GcgACH8.jpg

Tonight, I am honored to present one member with the Legend Award. One member who stood tall above the chaos, One member who will be remembered by each and every one of us… One member, voted by the masses.

He or she will have that same legendary status as previous winners Angie, Shawn, & myself.

And the nominees are:

• Mr. Wonder

• Ms. Reyna

• NeonGold

• Side-A Bu

• ThatOtherFan

• TwistedElegance™

And that one member is….

Congratulations to everyone who was nominated and everyone who won

n33mz8.png

I don't know what to say.

awugyo.gif

Last year I had my RN1814 era sweeping, and this year I thought I was in my DOAD era only getting one award. Then this happens, and I step into my AFY era. This is truly an honor.

normal_19th_Annual_GLAAD_Media_Awards_April_26_2008_%28121%29.jpg

I didn't think I was gonna win up against TE, but I got you Matty!

RvYp7zR.gif

Well, first I would like to thank everyone who thought I was deserving of such a prestigious award. I want to thank everyone who voted for me, and those of you who nominated me as well. I'd like to thank Angie for keeping the lights on around here even though sometimes the power went out, and giving us a place to congregate with fans for these past couple of years. I remember joining way back in early 2008, and being an unknown, and now being considered one of the legends of the board in such a short time. It has been a very fun 6 years. I can honestly say this board provided me with such relief thru the roughest times of my college years, and other times in my life. I don't want to name any names cuz I don't want anyone to feel left out, or feel unacknowledged. But I can say I've enjoyed everyone here in these past 6 years. It has been a pleasure getting to know each one of you over these past couple of years, and I hope we can continue to grow as one big dysfunctional family. To everyone who participated in my threads, every knock down, drag down, gunslinger, shoot 'em up debates, quarrels, and fights, to all the ppl who have made me laugh, everyone who has supported me in one way or another, if I don't say anything, I want to say thank you. Each one of you has truly made me a different person than I was not only on here, but in life as well. As long as this board is up, I'll always keep coming by. So once again, thank you.

• Upvote 7

Who exactly are you? I mean what was your old username? Your not HiltonSuite are you? :umm:

The Fuck :umm:

I just screamed so loud at this exchange.

Austin deserves it... The board would not be the same without him. To me that is what a "legend" on here is. Just cus you've been a member since 2002 doesn't necessarily mean you've had the same impact.

Thank you. :wub:

Slight contradiction much?

How booboo? If I said I wasn't mad no more then I wasn't mad no more :umm:

But it's not our fault all the old members have gone. And we had plenty of opportunity to nominate who we think deserved to be nominated.

not to start shit but y'all are new and y'all shouldn't even be deciding who should be nominated as a Legend :mellow: If anything older members should've been doing the nominations for that. Nobody has to mingle with y'all, make y'all laugh, have y'all on facebook, twitter or pm y'all with messages n shit and be y'alls friend to be liked enough to be nominated for Legend.

Austin deserves it... The board would not be the same without him. To me that is what a "legend" on here is. Just cus you've been a member since 2002 doesn't necessarily mean you've had the same impact.

actually being around longer should have a lot of influence. The Legend awards before have never been about "impact" :lol: I will say I don't have a problem with Austin winning. I mean really, next thing you know "Side-A-Bu" will be nominated for Legend next year along with other newbies before Bailey. It's all about who y'all like better. Just look at the list and tell me that ain't fuckery? What kind of impact have the others had other than Austin? Exactly. I'm not here for fuckery and that's exactly what it is

not to start shit but y'all are new and y'all shouldn't even be deciding who should be nominated as a Legend :mellow: If anything older members should've been doing the nominations for that. Nobody has to mingle with y'all, make y'all laugh, have y'all on facebook, twitter or pm y'all with messages n shit and be y'alls friend to be liked enough to be nominated for Legend.

actually being around longer should have a lot of influence. The Legend awards before have never been about "impact" :lol: I will say I don't have a problem with Austin winning. I mean really, next thing you know "Side-A-Bu" will be nominated for Legend next year along with other newbies before Bailey. It's all about who y'all like better. Just look at the list and tell me that ain't fuckery? What kind of impact have the others had other than Austin? Exactly. I'm not here for fuckery and that's exactly what it is

I'm sorry but all members had the opportunity and ample time to put their nominations in. The thread was bumped several times reminding people of the fact. If you didn't put your noms in then that's your own fault :lol:

Was that last paragraph shade to me? <_<. Joejoe, I'm not new either - maybe not as old as you but I was a member when this board opened and for 4 years on the old board too...I didn't nominate myself...other people did and Bailey was the one who openly declared he voted for me too for the legends award.

tumblr_lgioh0Jp7p1qcz4sbo1_500.gif

I was nominated and I am a damn legend :coffee:

I've been here since 2006 boo, 8 years. And like Austin, my personality is a part of what makes the board what it is :coffee:

I feel bad that I didn't have time to nominate or help pick the winners. I like how some members were nominated even though they don't come on very often. But it's a double edged sword because the regulars are always here..so they are bound to "win". It's all fun and games. I wish there were more members to make it interesting because back in the day, this thread would have reached like 30+ pages.

I wish there were more members to make it interesting because back in the day, this thread would have reached like 30+ pages.

This. There's like 15 (guestimate) regulars here...15. Everyone has slowly gone. Pie, Henry, jerimee, MaryPoppinCherriesJackson, cnd, Dee etc. Maybe if Janet was more active they'd still be here. Things like the various Survivors, Diva Duel were mainly created to keep the board popping because lord knows there's not much else to talk about :lol:. And this award is the 2014 awards thread. 2014. i.e. current (God I sound like Game right now).... Jarryl, Reyna and other "newbies" aren't new anymore. They're the Rihannas to your Madonnas. If people have left then we can't expect them to be nominated when the regulars TODAY don't know who they are or they haven't been an active part of the board for at least two years or so.

And the only one I truly feel bad about is Kennita not getting nominated - he's a fucking awesome person who deserved to be nominated so I'm sorry I overlooked you Kennita :(. Just think of this as your Off The Wall year - and next year you'll Thriller the awards.

• Upvote 1

This. There's like 15 (guestimate) regulars here...15. Everyone has slowly gone. Pie, Henry, jerimee, MaryPoppinCherriesJackson, cnd, Dee etc. Maybe if Janet was more active they'd still be here. Things like the various Survivors, Diva Duel were mainly created to keep the board popping because lord knows there's not much else to talk about :lol:. And this award is the 2014 awards thread. 2014. i.e. current (God I sound like Game right now).... Jarryl, Reyna and other "newbies" aren't new anymore. They're the Rihannas to your Madonnas. If people have left then we can't expect them to be nominated when the regulars TODAY don't know who they are or they haven't been an active part of the board for at least two years or so.

And the only one I truly feel bad about is Kennita not getting nominated - he's a fucking awesome person who deserved to be nominated so I'm sorry I overlooked you Kennita :(. Just think of this as your Off The Wall year - and next year you'll Thriller the awards.

Great post. People tend to get "overlooked" due to them not being present on the board..I know people have lives and stuff..but you can't complain if you're not active.

• Upvote 1

Great post. People tend to get "overlooked" due to them not being present on the board..I know people have lives and stuff..but you can't complain if you're not active.

Exactly :lol:

I miss Jerimee and MaryPoppin (can't remember their usernames). They would always go in on each other for jokes :lmao: