Welcome To The 2014 Planet Janet Forum Awards!

TwistedElegance™

Someone is livid :umm:

"Cries popularity contest" when you lose

If it's a popularity contest, how did I win :unsure:

You won most annoying. You mingle with these fools off the forum too

I feel bad that I didn't have time to nominate or help pick the winners. I like how some members were nominated even though they don't come on very often. But it's a double edged sword because the regulars are always here..so they are bound to "win". It's all fun and games. I wish there were more members to make it interesting because back in the day, this thread would have reached like 30+ pages.

:filenails:

Great post. People tend to get "overlooked" due to them not being present on the board..I know people have lives and stuff..but you can't complain if you're not active.

what non-active member is complaining? :umm:

Atrl reminds me of the old board tbh :lol:

It does..but ATRL and their lingo..their EVERYTHING. :lmao: It has wayyyyyyyyyy more members than this forum ever had. So it's definitely a place where you can get your kii's.

what non-active member is complaining? :umm:

It was a general statement..moreso from past forum awards.

:wub:

:P

And this award is the 2014 awards thread. 2014. i.e. current (God I sound like Game right now)....

anigif_enhanced-14854-1395854919-1_zps1d5315f5.gif

And the only one I truly feel bad about is Kennita not getting nominated - he's a fucking awesome person who deserved to be nominated so I'm sorry I overlooked you Kennita :(. Just think of this as your Off The Wall year - and next year you'll Thriller the awards.

I agree.. He's so cool.. I get to follow him on Twitter so it's equally awesome...

• Upvote 1

You won most annoying. You mingle with these fools off the forum too

"Mingle"? Who uses that word anymore? Some of these people are cool.. Mad cool.. We all have something in common.. Why wouldn't I want to talk to another Janet fan? Don't make fun of me for fitting in with the cool kids <_<-_-

But seriously Joe.. You do play a role on this forum.. And you def deserve to be recognized..

I know im not the most active so knew i wouldn't win anything (except maybe Under The Radar :filenails:).

But yeah, it is all fun and games. Bu I agree with so many members gone, only so many votes you can put out there. Its crazy not seeing he likes of CND and Dee here! Crazy as it, Pie crossed my mind the other day :lol: I believe, with the new album, these disciples will return -_-

And ROC :lol: I never really noticed you being an ass back in the day. But i know that was the perception of HiltonSuite and he loved Madge, that's why i thought you maybe him. I've never really been able to keep up with the name changes!

I know im not the most active so knew i wouldn't win anything (except maybe Under The Radar :filenails:).

But yeah, it is all fun and games. Bu I agree with so many members gone, only so many votes you can put out there. Its crazy not seeing he likes of CND and Dee here! Crazy as it, Pie crossed my mind the other day :lol: I believe, with the new album, these disciples will return -_-

And ROC :lol: I never really noticed you being an ass back in the day. But i know that was the perception of HiltonSuite and he loved Madge, that's why i thought you maybe him. I've never really been able to keep up with the name changes!

I miss Pie so much - she was my fave on here :lol:! Why did she disappear? Hopefully janet's return will have folks returning. Hell Jodi came back for that failed Amfar appearance lol

I can't believe you're in london and we haven't met yet. We need a UK 'reunion'!

"Mingle"? Who uses that word anymore? Some of these people are cool.. Mad cool.. We all have something in common.. Why wouldn't I want to talk to another Janet fan? Don't make fun of me for fitting in with the cool kids <_<-_-

But seriously Joe.. You do play a role on this forum.. And you def deserve to be recognized..

I use that word. Who uses "mad cool"? Anyway the only role i'm sure I play is me saying what I want and how I want and not caring what anybody thinks or says. I guess that can be carefree and idgaf lol whichever one fits. I don't change to please anyone or make them like me better. That's actually what I should've been recognized for. Time to update my fuckery thread

I use that word. Who uses "mad cool"? Anyway the only role i'm sure I play is me saying what I want and how I want and not caring what anybody thinks or says. I guess that can be carefree and idgaf lol whichever one fits. I don't change to please anyone or make them like me better. That's actually what I should've been recognized for. Time to update my fuckery thread

you should be recognized for not changing :umm::huh: Sure...

most of the new members have proven themselves to be welcome members of a dying fandom, as such they deserve the recognition they received, many so called fans that were a part of this forum for years all left for whatever reason, many stayed and for those that did they deserve some accolades for doing so, I don't hold any ill well towards anyone that can stand being a die hard Janet fan with not so much as a picture of her let alone music in all these years....I myself stay, because my love of Janet after 10 concerts in person all paid for by myself, says something

• Upvote 3

most of the new members have proven themselves to be welcome members of a dying fandom, as such they deserve the recognition they received, many so called fans that were a part of this forum for years all left for whatever reason, many stayed and for those that did they deserve some accolades for doing so, I don't hold any ill well towards anyone that can stand being a die hard Janet fan with not so much as a picture of her let alone music in all these years....I myself stay, because my love of Janet after 10 concerts in person all paid for by myself, says something

Cheers ol' sport

anigif_enhanced-900-1392840344-1_zps060a9182.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit. I didn't even know I won anything :mellow: Hell, I didn't even know I was nominated :mellow:

I want to thank Matt for putting eveything together and just for being a steady and encouraging presence in my extended departures. You effectively took the Forum Awards torch and ran with it and did a great job. All I did was say okay lol.

Many thanks to the moderating team for running everything.

Congrats to the winners because you all play a role in keeping this place alive and it is good to see you recognized for it. You guys are the new generations of e-fans and maybe one day I'll be more active and you'll get to know my ass.

Thanks to everyone that voted. I honestly thought my days of getting an award were long over and yet you all still remembered me. Thank you.

And overall thanks to the people that have made this place a community and a home. You are the reason as to why I pay and fight with Invision almost every month for this forum.

The community has always been a place for me to call home no matter what goes on in my life. Right now, as I'm finding myself truly in the realm of adulthood and I establish myself and my place in the world, it is always great to check in and read and see how everyone is doing. This is something that connects me back to so many memories and I'll always have Janet to thank for it.

Oh and to Game... you ain't Kelly Rowland. You're more like Farrah Franklin. Let's try to keep it realistic, boo :)

• Upvote 4

• 5 years later...