Racial Preference

bu.

"Sorry I don't do asian/white/black/latino/etc"

"Asian/white/black/latino/etc isn't my type"

I understand having a type...but why does it always hurt when someone says something like that? Or is it a case of being too sensitive? Is it 'wrong' having a racial preference or is it the same as not being attracted to someone that is hairy/not hairy or blonde/not blonde etc?

this is gonna go south....I just know it :sigh: anyway, the problem is gay media teaches gay men to think a certain way, it's beyond race now, its your body, your clothes, its like theres a stereo typical "type" of guy men expect you to be, and if you're not that then you don't "belong" ...does it hurt when I read "no Black no Asians"? Fuck no because on to the next guy, what one guy doesn't like someone out here will. Attractive is attractive, and many many people don't fit into some mold that others buy into as the only thing attractive. You just continue being you and be the best version of you you can be, don't worry about other people's hang ups the world is too diverse to limit what is considered attractive.

• Upvote 1

I understand having a type...but why does it always hurt when someone says something like that? Or is it a case of being too sensitive? Is it 'wrong' having a racial preference or is it the same as not being attracted to someone that is hairy/not hairy or blonde/not blonde etc?

I was raised in a very accepting and affirming family, so for me personally, I am open to, have dated, or been involved with persons of different racial, ethnic, cultural, and national backgrounds. It confuses me when someone says "I only like ____ guys/girls" or "I'd never dated ____ guys/girls" because it's only part of who they are, it doesn't define them.

When I'm attracted to someone, it's because I'm pleased by them mentally or physically. Their background has no bearing on that, it's the INDIVIDUAL WITHIN that matters to me. I'll never reject someone because of what they are, but I'll reject them based on how they treat themselves and how they treat me.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't bother me too quickly unless there's a stereotype involved. Otherwise, I just count it as preference. It still seems rude to just flat out say to someone. I figure a "I'm just not interested" when someone asks you out is enough as opposed to hurting someone's feelings. That's how I go about it anyway. Unless stereotype is involved, I think this is just a case of what look(s) you're attracted to and what look(s) you aren't attracted to. That sounds okay to me and honestly applies to me. Sometimes people just have a certain appearance that appeals to them. That doesn't mean they're racist; but they just prefer lighter skinned or darker skinned people, blondes or brunettes, skinny, muscular or fat. I have my own preferences, but I wouldn't say I turn down others because of something like race.

• Upvote 1

I don't see it as racial per se..Just a preference thing.

But, there are racial undertones and stereotypes out there. For example..a white dude who loves big black dick will just want to fuck for the experience..but he WOULD NEVER date or acknowledge him in public.

• Upvote 1

But, there are racial undertones and stereotypes out there. For example..a white dude who loves big black dick will just want to fuck for the experience..but he WOULD NEVER date or acknowledge him in public.

yep

bad example... That example was neither an undertone nor a stereotype... There is nothing racial about wanting to get dicked down by a certain race...

Though I do agree with you on the first half.. There are people who wouldn't date a black person... Those people usually don't sleep with them either.. That's their preference though... Me on the other half.. I don't date/mess with fat/"average built"/bellified men

Ugh BUT there IS this large built guy training with us at work... He's fucking GORGEOUS!!! So there are exceptions to the rules

Yea I dont get offended by peoples preferences, cant help who or what you have a taste for. I have no racial preference at all, Good looking is good looking no matter the race to me, same with good personality. I have my preferences but me never really advertise them, except that I dont like douche bags.

If they're not into you,,,, Move on..

People always get hung up on what someone else likes.. .. If you two don't match.. Let it go..

• Upvote 2

It's annoying, especially being a Black woman. We're at the bottom of the pile when it comes to preferences. Probably due to dumb stereotypes.

Yea I gotta ask like was it offensive to you when John Mayer (WHO I LOVE, don't think Im clowning him Game) said his dick is like a racist, that he's just not attracted to black women that way, and the media went NUTS ...understandably so he put it stupidly but I think that went a lil overboard.

It's annoying, especially being a Black woman. We're at the bottom of the pile when it comes to preferences. Probably due to dumb stereotypes.

I'm a black guy and i've always thought (for the most part), black women have been kinda opposed to dating out of their race (though seems to be changing now)?

I used to have a problem with interracial dating but now i'm like each to their own, unless based on a stereotype. However, I do think its kind of strange for somebody to not be attracted to people of their own ethnicity. Like an Asian guy saying "i'm not attracted to Asian girls/guys"

• Upvote 1

Race doesn't matter to me as much as a person's character. While I admit I tend to be more infatuated with girls who happen to be multiracial (like myself), it's not something crucial. I'm into all kinds of cultures. B)

LOL that's my fave too actually, like I don't have any "NO _____" in terms of race, but I do have favorites, and people who fall in the "What the fuck are you" category I gravitate more myself LOL.

I'm a black guy and i've always thought (for the most part), black women have been kinda opposed to dating out of their race (though seems to be changing now)?

I used to have a problem with interracial dating but now i'm like each to their own, unless based on a stereotype. However, I do think its kind of strange for somebody to not be attracted to people of their own ethnicity. Like an Asian guy saying "i'm not attracted to Asian girls/guys"

Not really

Gender patterns in intermarriages vary widely, the study found. About 24% of African-American males married outside their race in 2010, compared to 9% of African-American females.

That percentage is growing but it is low

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/16/us/interracial-marriage/

Yea I gotta ask like was it offensive to you when John Mayer (WHO I LOVE, don't think Im clowning him Game) said his dick is like a racist, that he's just not attracted to black women that way, and the media went NUTS ...understandably so he put it stupidly but I think that went a lil overboard.

His comment was stupid because he basically generalized us all and I didn't understand the backlash because I don't see why ppl think that we need the approval of a white man to validate us. Personally I could care less because I'm not attracted to John Mayer anyway LOL...

Hmmm I can't speak for most black women but I'm open to dating any race. I really don't have any preference, but I am mostly attracted to tall guys with nice muscles and a great personality. Race is not really a problem for me, but it seems as though a lot of black women think that men of other races just aren't attracted to us, which is understandable considering all the crap we get about being the least desirable group to date.

• Upvote 1

If they're not into you,,,, Move on..

People always get hung up on what someone else likes.. .. If you two don't match.. Let it go..

that was my whole point to him, I wont waste my time looking at your pic/profile another second of my life if I read racial shit, fuck you and keep it moving....I also don't care to be anyone's fetish, and I have been down that road, thankfully things change, now I dont even want sex nor have it I want an emotional connection