Official Thread - U.S. Marriage Equality - Supreme Court Rejects Appeals - Alaska Joins In!

It's about time we just have an official thread..

That being said, as of today, Ohio is now one of three states to recognize "gay" marriages from others states, joining Tennessee & Kentucky.

Here's an updated map of the United States brought to you by USA Today - America's Picture Book for Snail-News:

States That Allow Gay Marriage:
ScreenShot2014-04-14at115314PM_zpsbebe2b

ScreenShot2014-04-14at115325PM_zpsf408c4

States That Recognize Gay Marriage:

ScreenShot2014-04-14at115338PM_zps216152

The Evolution (Oct. 11, 2014)

MarriageEqualityMap1.png

• Upvote 1

It looks like might state is ruling on recognizing marriages. Please let them be on the right side of history. I know it's the South, but my fingers are crossed. -_-

"Recognizing" is kinda odd to me.. It's like "I hear you.. but i choose not to respond" kinda deal..

I guess it's a step forward.. :unsure:

"Recognizing" is kinda odd to me.. It's like "I hear you.. but i choose not to respond" kinda deal..

I guess it's a step forward.. :unsure:

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the case.

It's better than nothing for now, really. Until this gets to the Supreme Court.

• 1 month later...

The Last State Standing

One of the 50 States in this nation have not yet been challenged on their gay discrimination marriage laws. That state: North Dakota

North_Dakota_Is_the_Last-1bd0132e5a6a67bc79bec53babacecbc_zpsfbc1e604.png

Same-sex marriage bans have been falling fast since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act last June. As of today, gay marriage is legal in 19 states and Washington, D.C. Just this week, Oregon and Pennsylvania became the newest states to legalize same-sex marriage.

In seven other states, the ban was struck down by a court but the ruling was stayed pending appeal. In the rest (except North Dakota), a legal challenge either to the state's ban or its failure to recognize the rights of gay couples married in other states is pending.

• 4 months later...

60% Of Americans Will Soon Live in Marriage Equality States

This past Monday, The Supreme Court of the United States rejected hearing five appeals that were challenging lower-court rulings on the matter. Those States who were denied by the Highest Court in the Land: Indiana, Utah, Oklahoma, Virginia and Wisconsin. It also set the stage for legalization in six other states that also fall under the lower courts' jurisdiction: Colorado, Wyoming, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Updated Map: 

MarriageEqualityMap1.png

The Supreme court has kinda ruled de facto on gay marriage by refusing to hear appeals from lower appellate courts that overturned state laws prohibiting gay marriage. The writing on the wall is clear here, gay marriage will happen across the nation, and at this point so much progress has been made there's no turning back. Only the ass backward states like Michigan, :rolleyes: believe they have some shot at keeping voting approved bans on same sex marriage....it aint gonna happen boo boo, the final nail in the coffin will be the Supreme court striking down voter approved bans as unconstitutional.