"Michael Jackson wouldn't be the star he was if The Jackson 5 wasn't his launching pad"-Jermaine Jackson

jarrylf

So TMZ got Jermaine out and asked him about Debbie saying MJ said his brothers have no talent

Jermaine Jackson is reeling over Debbie Rowe's comment that Michael Jackson told her his brothers were talentless .... saying Michael owes his fame to his older siblings.

Jermaine was blunt in Calabasas Monday, telling TMZ, "If it wasn't for the Jackson 5 there would be no Michael Jackson," adding, "That's what gave him the launching pad to become what he became."

You have to watch the whole video. It's shocking.

As we reported, Debbie Rowe's been saying -- Michael believed the only one with talent in his family was Janet.

Jermaine also addresses Debbie's claims he's using MJ's kids to mooch off the estate.

Jermaine suggests he doesn't need the MJ estate's money because he made a fortune with the Jackson 5 -- tell that to the baby mama who's been hunting him down for child support for years.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/15/jermaine-jackson-michael-debbie-rowe-guardianship-money-video-jackson-5/#ixzz2z0KS2rQN

Sooooooo this is a conversation we've had alot aout lessor artists like Bey & Justin, but I maintain that it is in fact true with Micahel & Diana as well.

Heres my theory, Michael, Diana, Justin & Bey could've gotten deals without their groups, BUT the thing about the 4 of them is not only were they in groups they were in MEGA successful groups, so I maintain all 4 could've gotten deals and been famous and popular, but I honestly think that their groups popularity propelled them for the success they got as solo stars.

Granted it doesn't happen with every group. The Temptations, Spice Girls,TLC, Backstreet Boys all don't have a member whose solo music success is even a threat to their combined groups success, but I think there has to something about that 1 member of the group has to have about them & their image. They have to have amazing & overshadowing publicity while they were still in the group for it to spill over into their solo success and all 4 stars for 1 reason or another that can be said about.

HOWWWWWWWWWEVER, Jermaine is just forever pressed as hell over being replaced by MJ 50 yrs ago as the lead singer. Michael probably wouldn't be MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! without the group but to say he wouldn't even make it in the industry is too much, and fact of the matter is where the hell would Jermaine be without Michael? Coloring his bald spots in with marker instead of shoe polish that's where.

• Upvote 3

He has a point.. Yet still doesn't take away the fact that the other 6-7 are talentless

LOL IT IS THE "OTHER 6" IF WE'RE INCLUDING THE 2 SISTERS IN THAT :lmao: Excluding the queen ofcouse, #LEGENDTOYA ALLDAY

...........I still GAG over even the idea of Michael saying they turned milking off of him an artform or however it was put lol.

Latoya has as much talent as As Kim K. West :umm:

They did though :lol:

HAAAAA I think even Kim can sing on key tho LOFL, IDK, I havent heard her shitty song in years.

They were doing that ever since Thriller happened, THEY USED HIS WAX DUMMY FOR THE TORTURE VIDEO!!!....and Death that Jermaine didn't show up for it either and they didn't even look for anything to use for him....guess the California Rasin wax figures weren't available.

HAAAAA I think even Kim can sing on key tho LOFL, IDK, I havent heard her shitty song in years.

They were doing that ever since Thriller happened, THEY USED HIS WAX DUMMY FOR THE TORTURE VIDEO!!!....and Death that Jermaine didn't show up for it either and they didn't even look for anything to use for him....guess the California Rasin wax figures weren't available.

Kim has no talent :umm:

Idk what you're talking about.. Was Thriller before or after Control? I don't care to remember :coffee:

Kim has no talent :umm:

Idk what you're talking about.. Was Thriller before or after Control? I don't care to remember :coffee:

Ofcourse not, I said she's on key more than LaToya, that doesn't mean she's talented lol.

Thriller was after Control, same year as Jans debut. So The Jackson 6's last album was Victory, the 1st single from that album was a song called Torture (1 of my absolute favorite songs by that group) and there was this huge budget tacky video (choreographed by Paula) and Michael said from jump he wasn't doing the video (or any from that era), and Jermaine didn't show up to the set either, it was just Marlon, Tito, Randy & Jackie.....so they decided to use 1 of Michaels Wax museum bodies to do shots of 5 of them......and the irony....MJ & Jermaine wouldn't do the video but they're the 2 singing lead for it LOL. I LOVE the messiness of that story but I hate that it had to go down with 1 of my favorite & most epic Jackson songs. But this video works as a parody of the group at that time

The Jacksons existed before MJ joined the group. Jermaine was the first lead singer and MJ was to young to be a factor. It wasn't until MJ slayed at a talent show that Joseph thought to put him in the group. I'm not saying MJ wasn't extremely talented, but the other brothers had talent too. Debbie Rowe needs to take her pasty face ass somewhere and have a seat. Whatever was shared between her and Mike needs to remain that way. Its tacky to discuss publicly what is discussed between man and wife.

• Upvote 1

The Jacksons existed before MJ joined the group. Jermaine was the first lead singer and MJ was to young to be a factor. It wasn't until MJ slayed at a talent show that Joseph thought to put him in the group. I'm not saying MJ wasn't extremely talented, but the other brothers had talent too. Debbie Rowe needs to take her pasty face ass somewhere and have a seat. Whatever was shared between her and Mike needs to remain that way. Its tacky to discuss publicly what is discussed between man and wife.

Yea, it's all true lol, the tacky side of me likes & wants to agree with Debbie simply because the fam can get on ma damn nerves but yes 8 of the 9 Jacksons are talented in 1 way or another Rebbie's a great vocalists, (Jackie's good but he doesn't have a big range at all), Tito, Jermaine, & Randy are great at instruments (TITO SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS that Guitar, and Randy's a 1 man band), and Marlon is a decent vocalist, but a GREAT dancer, like dancing wise up there with MJ & JJ. So yea the only useless 1 is LaToya be even she can write & produce.

But yea Michael got as good as he did with all that work he put in with his brothers, for alllllll them years, all that practice and then when they got famous together it gave him the chance to understand the business and how it work in order to carry it over to be the mega star he was.

BUT.....it's still fun to make fun of the brothers lol.

Well to be fair, Mike and Janet are two of the most talented siblings ever ~ it's natural for them so of course anyone will look talentless in comparison lol. The rest of the family are still descent to good in their own right though ^_^

Well said Sir Andy lol

None of the Jacksons would have tbh but it's not Michael (or Janet's) fault that they left their siblings behind.

Tis true and of the 9 MJ & JJ were the 2 who realllllly worked at their craft and sound and image, I have every album available from every 1 of the siblings and that includes all of Jermaine, of his 14 albums they're all VERY similar,and only 1 of them was a hit, he could've taken the initiative to change his sound and image and try something new. Rebbie & Marlon didn't give a fuck about the industry and the politics, they had their families and side jobs (well Marlon did, Rebbie said she prefered being a home maker), Randy's extremely talented but did NOTHING but release 1 flop (but VERY good) album. So yea for the most part they could've taken the initiative that Mike & Jan did to actually be that 3rd & maybe even 4th successful Jackson.

Rebbies has a few nice songs, Game :rolleyes:.

Chille Rebbie's entire Reaction album slays (Yours Faithfully is great too)

Thats true but the group would not have been as successful without MJ as the lead. The others had talent but MJ was the main draw. I can't imagine Got to be there or Who's loving you etc sung by anyone else.

• Upvote 1

Thats true but the group would not have been as successful without MJ as the lead. The others had talent but MJ was the main draw. I can't imagine Got to be there or Who's loving you etc sung by anyone else.

This. It was the fact that it was a lil kid singing those songs with such tenacity that drew people in. Jermaine could never.

Tis true and of the 9 MJ & JJ were the 2 who realllllly worked at their craft and sound and image, I have every album available from every 1 of the siblings and that includes all of Jermaine, of his 14 albums they're all VERY similar,and only 1 of them was a hit, he could've taken the initiative to change his sound and image and try something new. Rebbie & Marlon didn't give a fuck about the industry and the politics, they had their families and side jobs (well Marlon did, Rebbie said she prefered being a home maker), Randy's extremely talented but did NOTHING but release 1 flop (but VERY good) album. So yea for the most part they could've taken the initiative that Mike & Jan did to actually be that 3rd & maybe even 4th successful Jackson.

Chille Rebbie's entire Reaction album slays (Yours Faithfully is great too)

I haven't heard their albums except Rebbies and Toyas >_<. I wish Tito released his album - We Made It was my jam!!