Diva Duel #10 - The Obvious...Brandy vs Monica

bu.

Diva Duel #10: Brandy vs Monica  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

Before I dwell on this subject..I would like to say that I love both women..over the years, both ladies have declined with their quality of music(naturally). This is going to be hard.

Who is better?

Overall, Brandy. I love Monica's debut album, TBIM album..after that she fell off..but her last studio album was solid.

Brandy was consistent with her music for the most part. I still don't like "Afrodisiac".

Better vocalist?

Once again, this is tough. I love both voices. Brandy is more versatile than Monica. But Monica can sing! Ugh.

Brandy.

Better music?

Once again, this is tough. Brandy has been more consistent. I'll go with her.

Who has the better debut? Sophomore? 3rd album? etc.

Monica debut album>>Brandy

TBIM>>NSN

All of Brandy's albums after that are better than Monica's.

Bigger impact on R&B?

Both women were 90's it girls. Brandy by a hair.

I never been that here for Monica honestly, so that says where this is giong

Who is better? Brandy (more versatile)

Better vocalist? Brandy (More versatile, Monica sounds like almost any black female singer outta any black church chior, Brandy sound like BRANDY)

Better music?BRANDY, 1st 3 albums alone.......NSN Alone........Moesha theme's alone.........

Who has the better debut? Sophomore? 3rd album? etc. Brandy, Brandy, and it aint even close

Bigger impact on R&B? Brandy, NSN is going to be 1 of those albums that whenever people talk about great R&B from the 90's, that'll come up.....Monica's name however........Brandy's so versatile & talented :)

• Upvote 1

love me some Brandy and I can see she is already dragging in this thread so Im going to give a much needed vote to my fellow ATLien. Ms. Thing was an incredible debut. I remember performing 'Before you walk out my life' at my schools talent show and slaying souls. Those were the days.

Better vocalist? It's close. They're both amazing vocalists but I have to give Brandy to edge for her range and (as others pointed out) her versatility.

Better music? I definitely prefer Brandy's artistry; she's been more musically consistent overall.

Who has the better debut? Sophomore? 3rd album? etc. Both their respective debuts happen to be my favs in their catalogs; again I give Brandy the edge. 2nd album: Never Say Never by a landslide; then when we get to the 4th album Afrodisiac it's a rap lol.

Bigger impact on R&B? Brandy

Who is better? (based on above responses) Gee, I wonder lol

• Upvote 1

Monica is a better vocalist

Brandy makes better music.

Yes, Brandy has made a bigger impact but her stans HIGHLY overrate the hell out of her just becuz she had a damn urban television show.

But to Monica's defense..she was never thirsty for attention and/ or popularity. You have those celebs who have the dire need to be HUGE (ie Beyonce ,Madonna) ..then you have those celebs that just do what they do w/o despiration of tryna be immensely huge (ie Janet) .... Soooo

• Upvote 1

Monica is a better vocalist

Brandy makes better music.

Yes, Brandy has made a bigger impact but her stans HIGHLY overrate the hell out of her just becuz she had a damn urban television show.

But to Monica's defense..she was never thirsty for attention and/ or popularity. You have those celebs who have the dire need to be HUGE (ie Beyonce ,Madonna) ..then you have those celebs that just do what they do w/o despiration of tryna be immensely huge (ie Janet) .... Soooo

I like Monica's voice and the fact that she was a vocal beast so young. But imo, there are quite a few vocalists that could imitate her.

Brandy has that signature sound NO ONE can touch...and she works with it. Thats what really makes a vocalist for me.

This still #KNOCKS tho

I should make a move but I won't

I know your probly thinkin' something is wrong

Knowing if I do that it won't be right

I don't get down on the first night

why in the fuck was I going to post this song earlier?! :mellow: what kind of mental telepathy?!

The First night is slayage, it's 1 of JD's best moments, the sample of Love Hangover ALONE>>>>>>>>>>>

I like Monica's voice and the fact that she was a vocal beast so young. But imo, there are quite a few vocalists that could imitate her.

Brandy has that signature sound NO ONE can touch...and she works with it. Thats what really makes a vocalist for me.

100% TRUTH.Gov

Brandy's range is sick, not to say Monica doesn't have any either, but Bandy just has more, and a more unique voice.

Let's be clear. Brandy doesnt have more range than Monica. They are bout the same as far as range (and I'm actually being nice to B-rocka by sayin this) .. The only thing Brandy has on Monique is the "uniqueness" of her voice. But Unique does not equate to More Range. Brandy can do the low register that Monica can't do but Monica can do high notes that Brandy can't reach cuz its not within her husky range.

That's what I'm saying about how Brandy stans act like she's one of the best vocalists that ever lived just becuz she has an identifiable voice. That's fine and dandy but theres a reason why Brandy is not mentioned in the vocal league of the Whit,Celine,Xtina's etc