Keith Williams...former back up dancer

vaquero

I may be wrong, but I think Janet put her through school.

I know Tish was going to Santa Monica college during the Janet era and Janet would pick her up from school. That was documented in RS article with the legendary cover. Santa Monica is one of the best junior colleges in california and many of the students there go on to UCLA. I was pround of Tish when i heard she had become a doctor. That was a special era in the music world when the dancers started being known as much as the arist themselves. It really started with the flyy girls on In living color. When that show blew up being a dancer became hella popular. People started to recognize Jossie, Omar, Peanut/Shawn, Big Lez, Darren, Tina and Keith. Im sad to here about Keith. He was handsome to me back in the day.

• Upvote 1

I know Tish was going to Santa Monica college during the Janet era and Janet would pick her up from school. That was documented in RS article with the legendary cover. Santa Monica is one of the best junior colleges in california and many of the students there go on to UCLA. I was pround of Tish when i heard she had become a doctor. That was a special era in the music world when the dancers started being known as much as the arist themselves. It really started with the flyy girls on In living color. When that show blew up being a dancer became hella popular. People started to recognize Jossie, Omar, Peanut/Shawn, Big Lez, Darren, Tina and Keith. Im sad to here about Keith. He was handsome to me back in the day.

Dancers of today don't get the recognition that they did in the 90's. I can't really name any that have emerged in the 2000's.

Disagree, Fly girls only help bring Hip Hop dancing to the mainstream for people who didn't know the culture or the dance , Real Hip Hop dancing ain't started showing on ILC til Josie, 2nd white girl, and Laurie ann Gibson came with the street flavor. before that, it was mostly Jazz dancers trying to do Hip Hop. Jossie, Lez, Tish, Fatma, Tina, Keith, Omar, Oliver, Soul Brothers, Mop top crew , BBD Girls, Scrap Lover were already big.

Dancers of today don't get the recognition that they did in the 90's. I can't really name any that have emerged in the 2000's.

I kinda disagree with this too. Les Twins and Ashley Everett Beyonce's dancers.

beyonce-les-twins.jpg

ca6cd045fed01eb91e14c1985e33d37e.png

Disagree, Fly girls only help bring Hip Hop dancing to the mainstream for people who didn't know the culture or the dance , Real Hip Hop dancing ain't started showing on ILC til Josie, 2nd white girl, and Laurie ann Gibson came with the street flavor. before that, it was mostly Jazz dancers trying to do Hip Hop. Jossie, Lez, Tish, Fatma, Tina, Keith, Omar, Oliver, Soul Brothers, Mop top crew , BBD Girls, Scrap Lover were already big.

I kinda disagree with this too. Les Twins and Ashley Everett Beyonce's dancers.

beyonce-les-twins.jpg

ca6cd045fed01eb91e14c1985e33d37e.png

I am not a Beyonce fan so I don't know any of her choreographers. I haven't seen not one Beyonce interview or tour. I don't dislike her. I just don't like her music. And believe me I have tried. I just can't get into her.

Yea BlackCat's right, the modern world & casual fans of artists don't know or care about the dancers anymore, it's only the direct fans that do. Like in the case of those Beyonce dancers, dont recognize the faces and damn sure couldn't tell the names to save my life, but if you're a Bey fan/stan you probably do.

In the 90's the dancers were KNOWN, especially MJ, Janet, Madge, & Paula's dancers. My guy cousin, in his 30's now, a casual Janet fan at the MOST knows about Tina & Shawnette.

• Upvote 1