A Clue!! A Clue!! - Janet Working with Team in NYC on New Project?

Posted by Jif in the Other News Thread :umm: for some reason

Rumor #10598

That's why, this kind of news doesnt get taken seriously by alot of the main posters here

But it is a fact, she's in NY, Gil's in NY, Preston's there, and this guys there. i don't think it's all for nothing, but alas, it probably wont get taken seriously by the few here

• Upvote 1

That's why, this kind of news doesnt get taken seriously by alot of the main posters here

But it is a fact, she's in NY, Gil's in NY, Preston's there, and this guys there. i don't think it's all for nothing, but alas, it probably wont get taken seriously by the few here

Because the few = the many :coffee:

I'm not here for the Republican Tea Party of the Rhythm Nation :umm:

• Upvote 1

Rey Rey

trppn_zps2a5e411a.gif

Yes, I'm trippin' when we've heard these rumors since Discipline released and when even more flooded during the Number Ones tour. Given all of that, it's very hard to take any of them seriously. It feels like a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" thing(though not negative). How can anyone put their heart into news like this and get their hopes up when, not only are we seeing no results, but we are seeing less chances of results? At least after Discipline we had sort of a 2-year trend from DJ, to 20, to D and so it was reasonable yet nothing happened. Around the Number Ones tour and the excellent publicity she was getting it seemed like the perfect setup for new material yet no new album. This isn't about anyone being against Janet. All of us want to hear from her, but forgive us for being skeptical when we've been hyped before and disappointed so often afterwards. 

odds.gif

• Upvote 1

Gil is back in LA. lol

Anyway, it's exciting! Good to know she's still working.... this wait is crazy!  :sigh: lol

He'll give it away

I don't think Gil is going to give it away this time. He knows a lot but hasn't spilled any tea. lol  I also don't think Janet's at the "putting together performances" stage yet either. Gil has been working on commercials, choreographing stuff for Demi Lavato, etc (at least from what I've gathered from stalking his Twitter/Instagram accounts) that tells me Janet's nowhere near being ready to launch a project yet. Unless she's not working directly with him, which I believe she is. lol  

I'd like to think that if Janet does a project its because it's something she feels passionate about. I would also like to believe that she has lots of music recorded already over the years from which she can really build a new album that reflects the classic Janet we all know and one that addresses where she is in her life now.

Yea I hope that's what's up that she recorded a shit ton of music and is more in the shaping mode & creating the theme.

Yes, I'm trippin' when we've heard these rumors since Discipline released and when even more flooded during the Number Ones tour. Given all of that, it's very hard to take any of them seriously. It feels like a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" thing(though not negative). How can anyone put their heart into news like this and get their hopes up when, not only are we seeing no results, but we are seeing less chances of results? At least after Discipline we had sort of a 2-year trend from DJ, to 20, to D and so it was reasonable yet nothing happened. Around the Number Ones tour and the excellent publicity she was getting it seemed like the perfect setup for new material yet no new album. This isn't about anyone being against Janet. All of us want to hear from her, but forgive us for being skeptical when we've been hyped before and disappointed so often afterwards. 

odds.gif

I feel you sis, and I can understand it, but Im just not there yet, I don't know why, I think it's the hints and clues that are keeping my hope alive. Maybe it wont be this year, but I refuse to give up the idea that it very well could be.

You know I believe in order to be in a healthy relationship with someone, you gotta be willing to play the fool, meaning, you have to have so much trust in your love for the other person and what their doing when they arent around, that if they are fucking around on you playing with your time,  or disrespecting you, you arent worried, you arent questioning, you arent looking for signs of them doing so, to others you look like a fool. To me, that's the ultimate trust, and I guess I have that for Janet & this next era (and NOOOOOBody else, TRUST....). Ofcourse I'm not saying I have a relationship with her but it's just my dedication as a fan, it hasn't really been hit, even by this waiting period for the last 3 years (Im not including 09-11 in that, we had 1 of the best Janet eras in YEARS with the #1s era, we need to stop acting like we were sitting around while Janet was MIA those 3 years too).

I feel you sis, and I can understand it, but Im just not there yet, I don't know why, I think it's the hints and clues that are keeping my hope alive. Maybe it wont be this year, but I refuse to give up the idea that it very well could be.

You know I believe in order to be in a healthy relationship with someone, you gotta be willing to play the fool, meaning, you have to have so much trust in your love for the other person and what their doing when they arent around, that if they are fucking around on you playing with your time,  or disrespecting you, you arent worried, you arent questioning, you arent looking for signs of them doing so, to others you look like a fool. To me, that's the ultimate trust, and I guess I have that for Janet & this next era (and NOOOOOBody else, TRUST....). Ofcourse I'm not saying I have a relationship with her but it's just my dedication as a fan, it hasn't really been hit, even by this waiting period for the last 3 years (Im not including 09-11 in that, we had 1 of the best Janet eras in YEARS with the #1s era, we need to stop acting like we were sitting around while Janet was MIA those 3 years too).

That's the thing. One can only be a fool for so long before for some people it becomes too much and it's better to just part ways and remember the good times you shared. I'm not saying I'm angry or upset. I am disappointed, but not in a way that will make me not be a fan anymore. The #1s, to me, felt like an "I Will Always Love You" (per the lyrics) moment. It's just time to move on, and of course, there will always be love. Of course, like you, I don't consider myself in a relationship with her even despite my crush. This is just me as a fan as well. I'm happy with a new project if it comes, and I'm content without one. I'm just happy for all of the good times of her career. She impacted my life regardless of what happens now and I'll always love her for that.