No BET Awards Official Thread?

It was better than the last 2 years. I enjoyed it. The performances were great, Chris Rock is a much better host than Chris Tucker (though the race jokes are so tired), and I thought it was classier than usual.

Nikki was on out local radio station a few weeks ago

http://www.wild949.com/articles/the-jv-show-403928/nicki-minaj-on-the-jv-show-12388521

starts at 6:00 

excuse my poor transcribing

"no, what i'll say is that i think congratulations is in order, her single is doing really really well, and i think that's a good thing, i mean one thing i'm not is a hater, if somebody is doing something and or they did it well and their song is charting well then well congratulations, i just want female rappers to understand that i've opened a lot of doors for them, and i just would appreciate if they acknowledge that, but in terms if i'm bothered by it, no it is what it is if somebody has a song thats doing well then I think thats a great thing, and i think thats a great thing for women and we're gonna keep it moving"

I remember listening to this when it aired on the radio.  I was really surprised at her "opening doors" comment and her expectation that other female rappers should give her recognition.  What door did she open? :umm:  Does she give credit to the other female MC's that came before her?

I remember listening to this when it aired on the radio.  I was really surprised at her "opening doors" comment and her expectation that other female rappers should give her recognition.  What door did she open? :umm:  Does she give credit to the other female MC's that came before her?

Exactly, I don't clown her bullshit joke "I opened doors" because I don't like her, I clown it because it's just not fuckin true, there is nothing about her that hasn't been done by another female before (and better). Missy, Left Eye, DaBratt, Lil Kim, Lauryn Hill, Queen Latifah, Salt N Pepa, & Eve are actually opened doors.

Hell, every MC in this video basically is her mutha.

(Left Eye owned both songs above lol, she's so damn overrated)

Lil Kim is the Queen but I think Nicki did open the doors a little internationally. She's the most successful female rap artist ever internationally. No other female rap artist has been talked about and liked more than Nicki

• Upvote 1

you are not opening any doors for other people if you're shutting the same doors behind you. nikki might be the most successful but i still fail to see what door she has opened and for who.  she congratulates someone on one side of her mouth and then shades them with the other side cause now she sees them as a threat. what nikki really means when she talks about empowering women, shes really only talking about one woman, herself.

• Upvote 2

Nikki was on out local radio station a few weeks ago

http://www.wild949.com/articles/the-jv-show-403928/nicki-minaj-on-the-jv-show-12388521

starts at 6:00 

excuse my poor transcribing

"no, what i'll say is that i think congratulations is in order, her single is doing really really well, and i think that's a good thing, i mean one thing i'm not is a hater, if somebody is doing something and or they did it well and their song is charting well then well congratulations, i just want female rappers to understand that i've opened a lot of doors for them, and i just would appreciate if they acknowledge that, but in terms if i'm bothered by it, no it is what it is if somebody has a song thats doing well then I think thats a great thing, and i think thats a great thing for women and we're gonna keep it moving"

:blink:

you are not opening any doors for other people if you're shutting the same doors behind you. nikki might be the most successful but i still fail to see what door she has opened and for who.  she congratulates someone on one side of her mouth and then shades them with the other side cause now she sees them as a threat. what nikki really means when she talks about empowering women, shes really only talking about one woman, herself.

All. Of. This!!!  :clapping:

Exactly. Hell look how she treated every single women who gave her a shot. Kim, Mairah, & Britney. She dissed all 3....

• Upvote 1

Honestly the only reason she's had the success she's had on the scale it's been is because she sold out and made pop music while dressing like Lady Gaga.

She should be thanking Gaga for the doors she opened honestly :coffee: I love Nicki but she didn't get to where she is like other hip hop artists did.

• Upvote 2

Honestly the only reason she's had the success she's had on the scale it's been is because she sold out and made pop music while dressing like Lady Gaga.

She should be thanking Gaga for the doors she opened honestly :coffee: I love Nicki but she didn't get to where she is like other hip hop artists did.

Cake like Lady Gaga