How do you guys feel when people say that Janet is the female Michael Jackson?

BlackCat1989

It's just a way of familiarizing or comparing that people have always done. When it comes to gender (the female "_" or the male "_"), ethnicity (the white "_", the black "_", etc.), nationality, sexuality, or just about anything you can think of in order for people to understand someone or something. I think it's a compliment and can easily be expressed vice versa. They are the best to have ever done it. Plain and simple.

I get it when they need to identify her with somebody or someone. On the surface and to the unfamiliar it certainly looks that way, but I think her fans know that its something much more profound when it comes to Janet Jackson. As an advocate for individuality, I don't see it as being a compliment. I get it though.

• Upvote 1

I disagree, Janet is underrated, during RN era, I could see the MJ comparisons, but after that a lot of her work changed with each project, Michael didn't explore nearly as much as Janet did ...not his look, not his sound....she went there.

• Upvote 1

I disagree, Janet is underrated, during RN era, I could see the MJ comparisons, but after that a lot of her work changed with each project, Michael didn't explore nearly as much as Janet did ...not his look, not his sound....she went there.

I know that most mean it as a compliment to her, but I must confess. I hate it when people say it. To me it strips her of her individuality. It is just another way for one to say that she got everything she knows from Mj. She is talented in her own right. I have never heard someone say that Michael is the male version of Janet. Its always the other way around.

I know that most mean it as a compliment to her, but I must confess. I hate it when people say it. To me it strips her of her individuality. It is just another way for one to say that she got everything she knows from Mj. She is talented in her own right. I have never heard someone say that Michael is the male version of Janet. Its always the other way around.

He did pave the way for her, and I think she has more than thanked him for doing so, the part that's lost is the individuality that Janet has, and that thus makes the comparison unfair to Janet

It's a favorable compliment, to MJ that is, which essentially means Janet is on his level.

But then it's also insulting to Janet because she's better than him and it's a shame ppl don't see this because they're too caught up in the pedestal on which he's placed.

• Upvote 1

It's a favorable compliment, to MJ that is, which essentially means Janet is on his level.

But then it's also insulting to Janet because she's better than him and it's a shame ppl don't see this because they're too caught up in the pedestal on which he's placed.

This

It's a complement so I'll take it, especially over "The Black Madonna", I will check someone who calls her that, tho that is also a complement.

• 2 weeks later...