Do you feel like we've seen and heard all there is?

EphraimAdamz

So even though Bruno Mars has a Filipino mother, we can't consider him Asian? Yet we can call Obama black when his mother is white? :/

And Jessica Sanchez is Mexican & Filipino. So she doesn't count I guess...

Ok lets throw you a bone here... say we gave you Bruno Mars, ect.

Their music still doesn't have an Asian inspired sound to it. It's not like Bruno is making J-Pop/K-Pop.

I could see if Namie Amuro or Utada Hikaru was played here but they are not.

Jin is the last person I remember lol

And I guess PSY

Enrique Iglesias has a Filipino mother and Sean Paul's mother is a Jamaican of Chinese descent. Apl.De.Ap from The Black Eyed Peas was born in the Philippines. Jay Sean had a #1 with "Down" in 2009.

So in order for an Asian to be considered a crossover success in the USA, they must be born in Asia AND have Asian-inspired/sounding music? That's a lot.

Enrique Iglesias has a Filipino mother and Sean Paul's mother is a Jamaican of Chinese descent. Apl.De.Ap from The Black Eyed Peas was born in the Philippines. Jay Sean had a #1 with "Down" in 2009.

So in order for an Asian to be considered a crossover success in the USA, they must be born in Asia AND have Asian-inspired/sounding music? That's a lot.

Considered a success, no. But it still hasn't been done before. And its something that I would like to see

another quick thought,  if you look at movies and television, I'm noticing more themes surrounding a post-apocalyptic world. If you think about some of the most popular franchises in film, you have "The Walking Dead" a very popular show that's about what? A world so fucked up why would anyone live in it? ....Next let's look at "The Hunger Games" record breaking movie here right? What's the "Hunger Games" about again? A world in the future that's fucked up. :filenails:

Your starting to see the light!!! Janhova will guide you  -_-

Shit really is deep out here and the signs are coming through at all angles. People either dont care or are too busy Twittering to notice.

Your starting to see the light!!! Janhova will guide you -_-

Shit really is deep out here and the signs are coming through at all angles. People either dont care or are too busy Twittering to notice.

thats what I'm saying and I only listed a few examples there are way more out there portraying a reality where shit is really fucked up there's a show called leftovers about the rapture, there's the 100 a show about earth being uninhabitable all signs of bad shit yo