How Long Do You Wait to Have Sex With Someone?

Escapade

In my sexual history, I've mostly been involved with friends. The last few that I've dated and/or had sexual encounters with, I knew them all for at least 6 months. With these scenarios, I'm already comfortable with them and established a connection, so it was very easy for me to make a move.

If it's someone new that I'm getting to know and we have no previous friendship, I don't put a time limit on it, I just go with the flow and see where the chemistry is. 

Virgin, but I'm waiting for whenever I feel comfortable enough with someone. That takes a lot, hence why I haven't done anything yet.

KEEP IT UP!! I'm telling you from experience...it's better that you wait until you're comfortable than waste your time on someone who isn't on your level and doesn't respect your worth. 

• Upvote 1

KEEP IT UP!! I'm telling you from experience...it's better that you wait until you're comfortable than waste your time on someone who isn't on your level and doesn't respect your worth. 

I will! Yeah, I've heard the same thing from so many people especially family members telling me that they wished they'd waited or those who did wait and said they were very happy they did. I'm not expecting to marry whomever is my first or anything, but I just don't want a story of regret after the fact. I want something where even if the relationship went south later, I'd be happy with having shared that time with them. Not just that person, but anyone after as well. 

• Upvote 1

I will! Yeah, I've heard the same thing from so many people especially family members telling me that they wished they'd waited or those who did wait and said they were very happy they did. I'm not expecting to marry whomever is my first or anything, but I just don't want a story of regret after the fact. I want something where even if the relationship went south later, I'd be happy with having shared that time with them. Not just that person, but anyone after as well. 

You're on the right track (in my opinion). 

I wasn't sexually active until I was 18, but I was naive about a lot of things. Rather than listen to my mind and heart, I allowed my lust and thirst to attract people who weren't on my level and couldn't give me what I needed. Most of the individuals I've been involved with have self-esteem issues and don't love themselves, so yes, I do have a lot of regret for giving my body and time to those who don't deserve it.

Just take your time. When you're ready, make sure it's with someone who respects you and themselves. Someone who is a great communicator. It's important to know what you like/dislike and voice it to the other person. 

• Upvote 2

It depends sometimes these bitches aint worth the magic stick -_- other times it can break out any minute :shifty: the key is balance, its something to be said about the build up of anticipation when the chemistry is right!.....alot of times when I do have sex most dudes aren't even that  good so I wonder was it even worth my time :filenails:

Do you like to hook up? What's your time frame?

do I like to? fuck no....I like dating ...but nowadays in a gay man's world thats barely an option, I see guys asking all the time "does anyone date anymore?" hook ups make me feel cheap slutty and silly

• Upvote 1

You're on the right track (in my opinion). 

I wasn't sexually active until I was 18, but I was naive about a lot of things. Rather than listen to my mind and heart, I allowed my lust and thirst to attract people who weren't on my level and couldn't give me what I needed. Most of the individuals I've been involved with have self-esteem issues and don't love themselves, so yes, I do have a lot of regret for giving my body and time to those who don't deserve it.

Just take your time. When you're ready, make sure it's with someone who respects you and themselves. Someone who is a great communicator. It's important to know what you like/dislike and voice it to the other person. 

THAT!   the guilt is shit :filenails:

when we know better we do better though, I can honestly say, the days of me being an active participant in "hooking up" are behind me, I don't go to any sites, I don't browse apps for guys, because I know what that shit is like and it's nothing, Im so much better than that, and I actually like meeting people and getting to know who they are, sometimes that can add to the excitement of sex. Sex, just like anything else in life, can be beautiful or ugly, your choice :filenails:

• Upvote 1

In my sexual history, I've mostly been involved with friends. The last few that I've dated and/or had sexual encounters with, I knew them all for at least 6 months. With these scenarios, I'm already comfortable with them and established a connection, so it was very easy for me to make a move.

If it's someone new that I'm getting to know and we have no previous friendship, I don't put a time limit on it, I just go with the flow and see where the chemistry is. 

I find it a bit strange being friends with another gay man in general. Not that I can't do it, but  mostly because a lot of gay men I have met seem to be incapable of sustaining a lasting genuine friendship because as I see they either fall into one of two categories, guys that want to fuck you, and guys that  dont :filenails:

I find it a bit strange being friends with another gay man in general. Not that I can't do it, but mostly because a lot of gay men I have met seem to be incapable of sustaining a lasting genuine friendship because as I see they either fall into one of two categories, guys that want to fuck you, and guys that dont :filenails:

What?!