How Long Do You Wait to Have Sex With Someone?

Escapade

What?!

where's the problem spotted? I guess my statement needs to be prefaced with the quality of gay men as well, in some cities the quality  level just isn't there and for the ones that are quality of something, they seem to be snotty fucks :umm:

yeah, same here 

In my sexual history, I've mostly been involved with friends. The last few that I've dated and/or had sexual encounters with, I knew them all for at least 6 months. With these scenarios, I'm already comfortable with them and established a connection, so it was very easy for me to make a move.

If it's someone new that I'm getting to know and we have no previous friendship, I don't put a time limit on it, I just go with the flow and see where the chemistry is. 

Same here. Mostly involved with friends. Had a few repeat hookups years ago but I didn't like it so I stopped. I like some sort of connection and I ain't talking about dick connecting to ass. I need at least a friends with benefits kind of thing. Something where if we see each other in public you can still say wassup. I don't wanna only see you when you trying to get laid. I for the most part try to feel them out and see if we're actually gonna keep in contact cause if I feel that they aren't then we ain't gonna be fuckin'

Woo! Thought I was the only virgin on here.

everyone has their own lane, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, I think in today's world people are quick to give the goodies up, and they miss out on the excitement of wonder, wondering what it will be like, while building something beyond that with that someone, Im a romantic at heart so I tend to believe in love

everyone has their own lane, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, I think in today's world people are quick to give the goodies up, and they miss out on the excitement of wonder, wondering what it will be like, while building something beyond that with that someone, Im a romantic at heart so I tend to believe in love

I think people want to think that his or her goodies are "special"..that sex is some euphoria... Some adventure. Something special

Sex is messy and wet.

• Upvote 1

I think people want to think that his or her goodies are "special"..that sex is some euphoria... Some adventure. Something special

Sex is messy and wet.

that is one angle and yes I agree but there's more, and I think those that wait to some degree are waiting for that someone that they can just be themselves with and accepted. Sex can be a lot more than wet and messy, it can be very sensual and beautiful...

I'm not here for the fantasy of sex... This la-la-land of what sex really is to some virgin who has no idea..

Sex is nasty, dirty, and (can be) painful :umm: #realist

Then explain why millions of people spend so much effort trying to get nasty, dirty and wet :unsure:

I'm not here for the fantasy of sex... This la-la-land of what sex really is to some virgin who has no idea..

Sex is nasty, dirty, and (can be) painful :umm: #realist

Eww who have you been having sex with? Don't answer. Whenever I have it it's never nasty in a bad way and it's never dirty and it's never been. Painful it can be SOMETIMES

• Upvote 1

Eww who have you been having sex with? Don't answer. Whenever I have it it's never nasty in a bad way and it's never dirty and it's never been. Painful it can be SOMETIMES

I don't know he lost me there, maybe the first time for someone with zero experience it can be, but sex as I know is anything but "bad"

Who said anything about nasty in a bad way :blink: it's nasty as in one party is putting their external organ into another party's mouth or butt..nasty as in you're swamping bodily fluids with someone..

I guess you got that from context but i didn't mean it in the way you took it

The point I was trying to make is sex isn't some Disney movie or some Nicholas Sparks film that some virgins think it is.. And by holding onto this virginity somehow makes it better... Or worthwhile.. It's not.. It just makes that person a prude -_-

THAT!   the guilt is shit :filenails:

when we know better we do better though, I can honestly say, the days of me being an active participant in "hooking up" are behind me, I don't go to any sites, I don't browse apps for guys, because I know what that shit is like and it's nothing, Im so much better than that, and I actually like meeting people and getting to know who they are, sometimes that can add to the excitement of sex. Sex, just like anything else in life, can be beautiful or ugly, your choice :filenails:

I'm working on forgiving myself and moving forward, living in the present. It only gets better from here if I make the right choices. No more settling!

I find it a bit strange being friends with another gay man in general. Not that I can't do it, but  mostly because a lot of gay men I have met seem to be incapable of sustaining a lasting genuine friendship because as I see they either fall into one of two categories, guys that want to fuck you, and guys that  dont :filenails:

At least in my environment and surroundings, gay men NEED the support of each other, but in a more platonic and healthy manner. There is too much low self-esteem, lack of self-respect, lack of self-love, materialism, insecurity, posing, and co-dependency. 

I feel like every guy here needs to love themselves more and be true to who they are and surround themselves with like minded people who are going to embrace them unconditionally, not just be friends with guys who go to the gym like they do or go to the same bars they do.

Same here. Mostly involved with friends. Had a few repeat hookups years ago but I didn't like it so I stopped. I like some sort of connection and I ain't talking about dick connecting to ass. I need at least a friends with benefits kind of thing. Something where if we see each other in public you can still say wassup. I don't wanna only see you when you trying to get laid. I for the most part try to feel them out and see if we're actually gonna keep in contact cause if I feel that they aren't then we ain't gonna be fuckin'

Friendships are so special and sacred, a true friend is really rare and must be cherished. My issue was the fear of rejection...I always felt like I wasn't good enough, so I hardly tried to meet someone new. I would look for sex in my comfort zone...with friends. But many times, once you cross that line, there's no going back. 

It seems like everyone my age just want to hook up. I think relationships are very much dying out.

I agree and disagree.

Sometimes with inexperience and immaturity comes a fear of commitment. With hooking up, you're fulfilling instant gratification and that physical connection we need as human beings. But the downside to hooking up is you're giving you so much of yourself to someone else but neglecting/depriving yourself of a genuine and intimate relationship.

Yet there are some people in our age group who know what they want and have the tools needed to make a relationship work. I know A LOT of 20-somethings getting married or who have been in committed relationships for 4 to 10 years.

Right now, I don't want to date, be in a relationship, or hook up. I am working on me. :)

Tonight's the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. :wub: 

It depends on how comfortable you are..If you're willing to just have sex for the pleasure of it..go on ahead..but if you want more than that, then I suggest you wait and pleasure yourself. -_-

I think some people think too much about the act of sex..like, it's just sex..but if there other factors that you weigh on whether or not you wanna have sex, then that's the decision you have to make.

• Upvote 2