What would you do if you find out your ex and your friend hooked up?

JoeJoe

THAT^^ the circle/degrees of separation have seemingly gotten quite small..so it increases the chances

EXACTLY! The circles and degrees of separation have gotten much smaller. If you have a friend who sleeps with 4 people in one year, all of these people are connected to that one person. In the next year, you might meet one of them that your friend slept with and really hit it off.

I'm not comfortable dating any of my friends' exes and not cool with my friends dating any of my exes. But 2 years ago, I met this gorgeous guy B who just got out of a 2 year relationship and I started chasing him. At a birthday dinner for our mutual friends, I met his ex J and we had a great conversation, and we ended up becoming co-workers and friends months later.

B and I cooled off as J and I became great friends, but about a year after they broke up, I asked J if he was OK if B and I ever started dating. He said he didn't mind and that he was over him, but I can't help but look at B as J's ex now, even though I know B before I met J. It's weird. J is still a great friend and I'm cool with B...the both of us want to FUCK REALLY BADLY, but I'm hesitant and he's busy.

So you still have feelings for him -_-

I will always have a place in my heart for the great men I have shared time with....and those were far and few...BUT I realize true love, is loving someone enough to let them go and hope they find what they seek in life...

I'm sure it's happened. I know too many people and I have a lot of friends. I do a lot of socializing and community work here in South Florida, so even though there's a lot of people that live here, we all know each other one way or another, so there's a 90% chance that everyone I meet or befriend has slept with someone I date.

See but that's the thing. I don't consider dating the same thing as being in a relationship. Dating is something to see where it goes with a stranger. Once it gets past dating and a relationship is established as boyfriend/girlfriend that's when it's serious to me. If i'm dating someone idc if a good friend sleeps with someone I dated, but please believe i'll give a damn if they sleep with someone after they've knows it's someone I had a sincere intimate relationship with. Dating to me is just a step above being fuck buddies.

I will always have a place in my heart for the great men I have shared time with....and those were far and few...BUT I realize true love, is loving someone enough to let them go and hope they find what they seek in life...

Yup true love is letting someone go and they can find what they seek in life as long as it ain't with one of my good friends :umm:

My God, it is so damn hard to follow you alls stories :lol: it makes my head hurt.

Me and Terry was friends but then Derrick came in the picture, then I slept with his brother who just so happened to be Terry's cousin by marriage which I didnt even know was gay cuz he has a baby by my cousin's half brother's auntie, Casondra. So now me and Terry are on the outs while me and Derrick have been sleeping, fucking and hanging with each other off and on for the past 245 days but despite that I still love Terry more than any man I've ever met til this day.

My God, it is so damn hard to follow you alls stories :lol: it makes my head hurt.

Me and Terry was friends but then Derrick came in the picture, then I slept with his brother who just so happened to be Terry's cousin by marriage which I didnt even know was gay cuz he has a baby by my cousin's half brother's auntie, Casondra. So now me and Terry are on the outs while me and Derrick have been sleeping, fucking and hanging with each other off and on for the past 245 days but despite that I still love Terry more than any man I've ever met til this day.

That was oddly specific :wacko:

You're politicking my questions..

I guess you just have to come out and ask whatever it is your getting at....I mean if you're asking am I the jealous type? To an extent, but I  guess this entire topic is confusing for me, because I never had a bunch of gay dude friends, and when I had some guys around me, it was always weird, like there was always the thought of what if theres more with this one or that one? Sometimes acting on that can fuck up a friendship....

I wasn't ...it was to showcase how ridiculous these stories be. Keep up ppl. It wasn't that hard to see what I was doin there.

I don't see what story I told here but ok. I also don't see how this question is ridiculous.

But what if two of your exes hooked up with EACH OTHER :o

That I've wondered about -_-

But let them go at it, it would be like giving AIDS to cancer -_-

Eww if they do then wtf lol. I actually don't think i'd mind that 

I kinda thought you were but nobody really throws him shade on here so I assumed it was me. Sorry lol

No one throws shade at me because I don't give them a reason to. I share my opinion and keep it moving. Whoever gets it or not is no concern of mine. :D

• Upvote 1

if my EX and a friend got together....i wouldnt care, they are my ex for a reason, i wouldnt want to stand in the way of their happiness or that of my friend

i'm sorry but I find that to be dirty, backhanded, and disgusting. I guess some of y'all wouldn't mind if you're friend went and started a relationship with your ex-husband either right?

i'm sorry but I find that to be dirty, backhanded, and disgusting. I guess some of y'all wouldn't mind if you're friend went and started a relationship with your ex-husband either right?

If it's an ex-husband or ex-wife, it's going to make me VERY uncomfortable hehe. But if a friend wants to date someone I was seeing for a short time (like 3 to 6 months) and that happened a while ago, it wouldn't be as bad.

• Upvote 1

how is it dirty, backhanded, and disgusting? its only dirty, backhanded, and disgusting if they were messing around while you guys were together, if they had enough respect to wait until we broke up, then i can respect that. People arent property, and should be free to date whomever they want...the heart wants what the heart wants............... and as for the Ex husband part....the same principle applies....they are an EX for a reason, why care who they sleep with? 

u clearly have some unresolved issues with your exes

• Upvote 2

If it's an ex-husband or ex-wife, it's going to make me VERY uncomfortable hehe. But if a friend wants to date someone I was seeing for a short time (like 3 to 6 months) and that happened a while ago, it wouldn't be as bad.

True. Oh and last night me and the ex were talking in my car and I told him that if he and one of my friends hook up that i'ma be fighting somebody :umm: he kinda laughed but he know I ain't playing. Too many people in our city and other places for him or my friend to sleep with each other. I asked him would he like it if one of his exes started seeing one of his homeboys? I find it disrespectful and he actually agreed that it was.

how is it dirty, backhanded, and disgusting? its only dirty, backhanded, and disgusting if they were messing around while you guys were together, if they had enough respect to wait until we broke up, then i can respect that. People arent property, and should be free to date whomever they want...the heart wants what the heart wants............... and as for the Ex husband part....the same principle applies....they are an EX for a reason, why care who they sleep with? 

u clearly have some unresolved issues with your exes

All my issues are resolved and we still hang out so looks like you're wrong. Everybody has their own view on it. Some people don't mind it and some people do. I happen to be one of those who do mind. All these people in the world and you chose to see someone who I had a relationship with is dirty to me. Sorry it just is. Same with the ex. You can sleep with whoever you want but you chose one of my good friends. Nah that ain't gon work. You can be friends but start a relationship? You can expect a fight and then y'all can date all you want after I fight yo ass :)

• Upvote 1

EXACTLY! I agree with you Joe.

I just realized that I should probably stop making so many friends, because if I start dating, I might end up with a friend's ex. I know too many people and some of them get around honey!

But at the same time, everyone has a past and I cant change who they were with before. As long as they are single and werent in a long term relationship with a close friend, they are fair game!

• Upvote 1