"Orange is the New Black" receives 12 emmy noms!!

Bailey

"OITNB" hit off to a stellar second season fresh on the hills of it's first season popularity on Netflix exclusive content. Now the show lauded by fans and critics alike, has received another accolade of recognition in the form of 12 Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Comedy :w00t:

Netflix is a completely new format of receiving content, they release entire seasons at once

HBO (Home Box Office) and Netflix are essentially founded on the same concept, which is to give customers access to films without having to leave the house. HBO started to produce original content (Sex and the City, The Sopranos, etc) which became huge hits and carved a new lane in television. Similarly, Netflix's evolution into producing its own shows and having them become successful redefined again how the serial format is made and consumed, providing another new lane and gaining notoriety and legitimacy in an arena dominated by traditional broadcast.

• Upvote 1

HBO (Home Box Office) and Netflix are essentially founded on the same concept, which is to give customers access to films without having to leave the house. HBO started to produce original content (Sex and the City, The Sopranos, etc) which became huge hits and carved a new lane in television. Similarly, Netflix's evolution into producing its own shows and having them become successful redefined again how the serial format is made and consumed, providing another new lane and gaining notoriety and legitimacy in an arena dominated by traditional broadcast.

I find traditional broadcast to be limiting in content and level of expression. I tend to gravitate more to cable simply due to the lessor restrictions on language, nudity and violence. Netflix is not even a broadcast network, it's streaming media content...lately I've been drawn to Netflix for their gay cinema, often times I enjoy what I  see, the quality is better in gay film, you just have to dig...."Free Fall" was soooo good

I find traditional broadcast to be limiting in content and level of expression. I tend to gravitate more to cable simply due to the lessor restrictions on language, nudity and violence. Netflix is not even a broadcast network, it's streaming media content

Dude, I know :umm: :umm: