So tried of the disrespect Janet is being paid! A fans rant.

BlackCat1989

So I was lurking over in the Prince.Org forum. And some ass-hole of a font posted a thread titled So looking back Janet Jackson wasn't really good was she?? This font when on to say that Janet only got by because she was Mj's little sister (so tried of that of that BS excuse). He also said that she was never on Mj or Madonna's level has if Madonna was so talented her damn self. But what got me was all of the Prince Stans that came in there to bash Janet. Saying that Janet was a low budget mash up of Mj and Prince. I got so pissed off that I joined the damn site just to set some of them straight. The thing is tho I have to wait 5 long ass days to even post on the site.

Are there other forums that you guys visit that pay Janet the same disrespect that this one does?

It really makes me angry when folks go in on Janet like that. Its like they want to punish her for being born as Jackson. Just because she didn't have to sleep her way to the top like Madonna did doesn't make her any less deserving of her credit.

the receipts speak for themselves. janet played the game her way and on her terms and she was very successful at it. there is no denying that. bitch aint been in the public eye for I don't know how long, but that doesn't stop this new generation from making songs about her, mentioning her or sampling her music. don't fret over somebody else's opinion, especially Prince's fans. they should be more concerned about how he stole most of his looks and style from Rick James. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

the receipts speak for themselves. janet played the game her way and on her terms and she was very successful at it. there is no denying that. bitch aint been in the public eye for I don't know how long, but that doesn't stop this new generation from making songs about her, mentioning her or sampling her music. don't fret over somebody else's opinion, especially Prince's fans. they should be more concerned about how he stole most of his looks and style from Rick James. :coffee:

All of THIS!

I went there and looked through the thread. A lot of it was positive to semi-positive. lol

Some aren't fans but still defended her and feel her contribution to music should be respected.

It's a Prince forum though. A lot of his stans hate Janet simply because of the lowkey shade he's thrown in the past. Which had more to do with the fact that he was mad at Jimmy and Terry, not Janet. 

• Upvote 1

That place always gave me negative, pretentious vibe anyway. At least they're keeping it on their "territory" tho. -_-Cuz if they brought that mess here, then it's all over...

THIS, Im a huge Prince fan, but I don't belong there, same for MJ forums, Mariah ones, Whitney ones or anyone else that's not Janet, hell Janet-Xone alone almost because of all the pointless ratchet stupid trolling there.But alas here is the only forum I tollerate for a musician/fave of mine for a reason.

• Upvote 6

I wouldn't have visited a Prince forum to discuss Janet, and many here have said what I would as well. I have always been of the believe that Prince is a diva of all levels, and it clearly shows, I believe he could never accept the fact he fired Jimmy and Terry, believing they were done, and these guys  go on to become some of the biggest producers in music history, most of which was built on their work with Janet.  It's easy to dismiss what one doesn't want to accept, but its hard explaining a career that spanned decades of a fraud...I don't think anyone can fake it that long.

• Upvote 4

I've never understood the argument that Janet got where she is because she is a Jackson. I've always thought that was a weak argument honestly when it comes to discrediting Janet's success. Being related to someone doesn't equal success. I can name multiple artists who are the sibling/child of successful artists who attempt to have solo careers and none I can think of come close to their sibling's/parent's success or Janet's success. Just because you are related to someone doesn't mean that you automatically have success. You have to work for your success because you don't just get handed awards, you don't get multiple successful songs/albums on the Billboard Charts, you don't get sold out tours,etc. You have to work for your success and not think your name/who you are related to automatically equals success because most of the time it doesn't.

Also If being a Jackson helped Janet so much why don't the 7 other Jackson siblings have a career like Janet which consists of over 100 million albums sold, 10 #1's on the Billboard Hot 100, 20+ Top 10 songs on the Billboard Hot 100, 6 #1 albums,  300+ Awards, considered an influence to multiple performers,  etc. The brothers were apart of the Jackson 5/The Jacksons but didn't have super successful solo success, Rebbie had "Centipede" but that was it, and La Toya has done multiple reality shows but has had very limited success in music. So obviously the Jackson name didn't help as much as people want to believe otherwise every sibling would have had more successful solo careers but they don't.

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I seen that on his Forum awhile ago...but what is always odd to me is the praising Madonna as if shes some multi-talented gift from GOD to the industry but act as if Janet only could rely on her Last name to get her places career-wise. If you dont like Madonna nor Janet becuz you feel they arent "vocalist" ...then so be it but when ppl get to giving Madonna credit but act like Janet aint shit...thats whats laughable cuz Janet is clearly more talented than m-dolla. Lets be accurate if we're gonna try to discredit ppl and compare...thats all Im sayin

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I seen that on his Forum awhile ago...but what is always odd to me is the praising Madonna as if shes some multi-talented gift from GOD to the industry but act as if Janet only could rely on her Last name to get her places career-wise. If you dont like Madonna nor Janet becuz you feel they arent "vocalist" ...then so be it but when ppl get to giving Madonna credit but act like Janet aint shit...thats whats laughable cuz Janet is clearly more talented than m-dolla. Lets be accurate if we're gonna try to discredit ppl and compare...thats all Im sayin

And that's my problem with it. How can you praise Madonna and bash Janet when Madonna is the least talented of all of her contemporaries. She was never the best singer and she was never the best dancer/performer.

• Upvote 1

Well it's true to a degree... Would Janet have become famous/entered the industry if she was a born a Johnson... Maybe not. That's all Janet knew from when she was born and she did have the talent to make it last but I think her older brothers opened the door for her whereas Madonna rose up from nowhere and nothing.

I used to use this argument back in my Madonna stanning days -_-:ph34r:

Well it's true to a degree... Would Janet have become famous/entered the industry if she was a born a Johnson... Maybe not. That's all Janet knew from when she was born and she did have the talent to make it last but I think her older brothers opened the door for her whereas Madonna rose up from nowhere and nothing.

I used to use this argument back in my Madonna stanning days -_-:ph34r:

Yeah! But why whole that against her? The fact that she was a Jackson and was able to have a huge career outside of her brothers is whats so great about her. None of the other Jacksons can say that.

• Upvote 1