A new old Janet snippet! With a interesting story.

jarrylf

Deborah McDuffie was a product jingle queen in the 80's, and has this kickstarter to get her autobiography released with a accompanying CD/DVD with all the jingles, and apparently she worked with Janet for a Mountain Dew jingle in 1983. 

Working on My Janet Chapter!

Janet Jackson was almost 16 when I first produced her for Mountain Dew. At that time her record producers had been doubling her voice because it was so thin. Doubling has a very distinct sound, which I personally didn't like. It gave the sound a digital, electronic feeling. I decided to record her in a pure setting and surround her with the best voices out there. 

Luther, James Ingram, Howard Hewett, Davis Lasely, Jennifer Holliday, Cheryl Lynn, Deniece Williams and myself all sang back-up on this Dew it To It Mountain Dew jingle I wrote for her in 1982. I produced her for Mountain Dew again in 1983.

Janet Jackson's dad Joe called me one day saying the powers that be at A&M wanted to know how I got her to sound so good without doubling her voice. Ha! Ha! I'll never tell...maybe in my book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1782025718/reign-of-the-jingle-queen-book-with-companion-cd/posts

1000307_10201755075304481_2076420688_n.j

5e0b0e402d212f6c0c13e07625ee2cd0.jpg

.....................................................I wanna pledge now lol. I wanna hear what that whole thing sounds like lol

• Upvote 2

RIGHT?!?!?! This is so surreal. Janet sang with Jennifer Holliday, Im done LOL never woulda thought that would ever had happened. God I hope this stuff comes out, I wanna hear the whole thing so bad, but the 38sec clip will do nicely

See with Janet, throughout her career she's done so many projects with greats and artists we'd never expect. We never find out until the artists or someone involved says something, she keeps so much to herself. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if she has an unreleased duet with U2 or Rolling Stones hehe.

• Upvote 1

See with Janet, throughout her career she's done so many projects with greats and artists we'd never expect. We never find out until the artists or someone involved says something, she keeps so much to herself. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if she has an unreleased duet with U2 or Rolling Stones hehe.

VERY true, she is sooo quiet about this stuff, I wouldn't be surprised about her working with anybody really these days lol.

I gotta pledge some montey so this stuff can get released and I can have that whole song in my Janet collection.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...