Hypothetical Question of the Week: If Janet Did A Duo-Stadium Tour, Who Would Co-Headline?

We're talking prestigious honors. Special awards. High achievement accolades.

They hand Grammy's out like tea cakes today. It's lost credibility a long time ago. If you think a couple of Grammy's for him means something major, then you're discrediting his legacy and achievements.

Oh I guess I had a different thought of what a major award was.

But TBQFH, Usher has not did anything groundbreaking to warrant such a prestigious honor.  And as Effram has pointed out, his live performances at awards shows have been lackluster at best. 

Oh I guess I had a different thought of what a major award was.

But TBQFH, Usher has not did anything groundbreaking to warrant such a prestigious honor. And as Effram has pointed out, his live performances at awards shows have been lackluster at best.

As Effrem pointed out??? He's an Usher STAN :mellow: When did he ever point something out bad about his performances? He acts like Usher murders all his petformances if anything. What Effrem said is that Usher is not a tabloid celeb and that he plays it safe which had indirectly caused his legacy to be overlooked.

• Upvote 1

So performances is what makes someone an icon and/or legend? :umm: A good performer is a good performer nonetheless. How an artists crafts their performances is juss a matter of opinion. Above all Usher has the stats and he has showmanship on stage, always has (Well minus his live vocals) :umm: but hey, if he's foolish enough to dance hard as he does but yet tries to sing live at the same time... Thats on him. Save the live vocals for ppl who do nothing more than aeroebics on stage like Madonna

• Upvote 1

So performances is what makes someone an icon and/or legend? :umm: A good performer is a good performer nonetheless. How an artists crafts their performances is juss a matter of opinion. Above all Usher has the stats and he has showmanship on stage, always has (Well minus his live vocals) :umm: but hey, if he's foolish enough to dance hard as he does but yet tries to sing live at the same time... Thats on him. Save the live vocals for ppl who do nothing more than aeroebics on stage like Madonna

I like how you answered your own question :rolleyes: didn't give anyone a shot at it -_-

• Upvote 1

We're talking prestigious honors. Special awards. High achievement accolades.

They hand Grammy's out like tea cakes today. It's lost credibility a long time ago. If you think a couple of Grammy's for him means something major, then you're discrediting his legacy and achievements.

That only leaves the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Oscars :umm:

Eff, I suggest you stop while you're ahead :umm: Before we talk about Oscars, R&R Hall of Fame ...can he at least get one Lifetime achievement award ? At least one from Soul Train ..if nothing else :umm:

Usher already has Soul Train and other awards :crazy:

I can't believe you guys are so uneducated about Usher's success. Usher is not a media whore. This week has really made me realize they most people here don't know anything about Usher's stats so I'll just leave it at that.

ws63qd.png

:umm: not a lifetime achievement

What does being a media whore have to do with anything?

To be fair, mainstream award shows are more hesitant to recognize post-disco era R&B stars. I think R. Kelly had recognition from Soul Train and that's where I think Usher will receive a lifetime achievement.

• Upvote 1

Usher already has Soul Train and other awards :crazy:

I can't believe you guys are so uneducated about Usher's success. Usher is not a media whore. This week has really made me realize they most people here don't know anything about Usher's stats so I'll just leave it at that.

ws63qd.png

No one said he hasn't won any awards .... Can you not read, or is comprehension failing you.. my God,seriously ? :mellow: LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT !!!

Brandy has won all those awards, does that make her an icon/legend?? No. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENTS mean you have made a cultural impact

No one said he hasn't won any awards .... Can you not read, or is comprehension failing you.. my God,seriously ? :mellow: LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT !!!

Brandy has won all those awards, does that make her an icon/legend?? No. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENTS mean you have made a cultural impact

Who said anything about Usher being a legend :umm: I sure didn't.

I don't view Beyonce, Britney, Christina, Rihanna, Justin, Jlo or many others as being a legend so why would I view Usher in that manner? I do however view some of them as ICONS. You do know the difference between an icon and a legend don't you?

You seem to be trying to make my posts more than what they are.  Instead of downplaying his success why not just say that you don't like him?

Folks said he didn't have successful albums after Confessions -  Raymond vs Raymond was 2x Platinum

Folks claimed he has no major live performances - He performed the Superbowl

Folks say he has no major awards - He has Grammy's from 2004, 2010, and 2011, and 2012

Folks claim Justin is more success "Now" - And? Usher is still the more successful music artist between the two. With that logic we should just erase the last 100 years of music history and everyone should be judged with a clean slate.

Who said anything about Usher being a legend :umm: I sure didn't.

I don't view Beyonce, Britney, Christina, Rihanna, Justin, Jlo or many others as being a legend so why would I view Usher in that manner? I do however view some of them as ICONS. You do know the difference between an icon and a legend don't you?

You seem to be trying to make my posts more than what they are.  Instead of downplaying his success why not just say that you don't like him?

Folks said he didn't have successful albums after Confessions -  Raymond vs Raymond was 2x Platinum

Folks claimed he has no major live performances - He performed the Superbowl

Folks say he has no major awards - He has Grammy's from 2004, 2010, and 2011, and 2012

Folks claim Justin is more success "Now" - And? Usher is still the more successful music artist between the two. With that logic we should just erase the last 100 years of music history and everyone should be judged with a clean slate.

:umm: My sources said it's only 1x Platinum :unsure:

• Upvote 1

That's locally. World Wide 2x Platinum

I don't think you can be platinum worldwide :umm:. There's no official 'body' like the RIAA or BPI that certifies albums worldwide? If there is then I never heard of it before. Does that mean Dangerously in Love, FS/LS, Stripped and many others are diamond albums because they've sold 10million+ worldwide despite selling less then 10 million in the US?

• Upvote 1