Janet Jackson keeps NFL pressed

bu.

Plz colored boy. Janet is tied to childhoods around the world. The only thing ppl who grew up with her remember is that she was THAT BITCH back in the day, and the Superbowl is merely a footnote in her illustrious career. And judging from recent articles, the only time this is mentioned is when the halftime show is discussed. The media can mention this, but they can't ignore 140+ million records sold, hits and sold out stadiums and arenas around the world, and the influence she has had on today's basic bitches.

13zb96v.jpg

• Upvote 1

Actually nipplegate has CULTURAL impact. Her musical impact is set. You can look to newcomers like Tinashe who said Janet is an influence and she went back in her catalog to see how much Janet SHAT.

That's because She is a timeless artist. What She did can be applied to the pop landscape of today and it wouldn't look dated or out of place. That is why these younger kids look to Janet.

Plz colored boy. Janet is tied to childhoods around the world. The only thing ppl who grew up with her remember is that she was THAT BITCH back in the day, and the Superbowl is merely a footnote in her illustrious career. And judging from recent articles, the only time this is mentioned is when the halftime show is discussed. The media can mention this, but they can't ignore 140+ million records sold, hits and sold out stadiums and arenas around the world, and the influence she has had on today's basic bitches.

I understand that, but for people 20 ish and under, the Super Bowl is mostly what they know

Actually nipplegate has CULTURAL impact. Her musical impact is set. You can look to newcomers like Tinashe who said Janet is an influence and she went back in her catalog to see how much Janet SHAT.

Where did I say she hasn't had influence and impact? I'm talking about public perception

B

I understand that, but for people 20 ish and under, the Super Bowl is mostly what they know

No, that's what YOU know. The stans I follow on Twitter say their earliest memory of Janet is the 20YO era. And others just respect her as a legend. Hell even the fools on ATRL don't even mention Superbowl first when they think of Janet, and 90% of those uses are 12-20 and think Britney is a legend and Gaga has classics. :mellow: 

• Upvote 2

The Internet Stan community is entirely different than the average American, first of all.

You all are acting like I said the Super Bowl made Janet into a nobody. The Super Bowl and the aftermath hurt Janet's career during a time where she was getting older. The media has since then often underestimated her significance. And it hasn't helped that Janet has been away from the public eye as much as possible.

Bottom line, people underestimate Janet's influence and impact, due to the Super Bowl and Janet's career decline in the decade following that, which is why I don't understand why people act like the Super Bowl impact is a good thing.

The Internet Stan community is entirely different than the average American, first of all.

You all are acting like I said the Super Bowl made Janet into a nobody. The Super Bowl and the aftermath hurt Janet's career during a time where she was getting older. The media has since then often underestimated her significance. And it hasn't helped that Janet has been away from the public eye as much as possible.

Bottom line, people underestimate Janet's influence and impact, due to the Super Bowl and Janet's career decline in the decade following that, which is why I don't understand why people act like the Super Bowl impact is a good thing.

But niece that first line pretty much goes against your argument. Stans sew more invested in pop culture than your average American, so we're well aware of the highs and lows of all artists. The average American can barely remember everything on their grocery list without writing it down after leaving the house 10 mins prior. Do you really think they remember something from 10 years ago? Hell I can barely remember what I wore to work yesterday. Most ppl know Janet as the Janet 1977 - 1998, the sister of, and once being part of the Jackson dynasty after we discovered she was really an Al Mana. And shame on us for making the best of a bad situation. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

But niece that first line pretty much goes against your argument. Stans sew more invested in pop culture than your average American, so we're well aware of the highs and lows of all artists. The average American can barely remember everything on their grocery list without writing it down after leaving the house 10 mins prior. Do you really think they remember something from 10 years ago? Hell I can barely remember what I wore to work yesterday. Most ppl know Janet as the Janet 1977 - 1998, the sister of, and once being part of the Jackson dynasty after we discovered she was really an Al Mana. And shame on us for making the best of a bad situation. :rolleyes:

cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

RIGHT! That whole fiasco was not only hard for Janet, it was hard for her fans as well. I know some of her fans still haven't recovered from it. Nobody is making light of that situation, but she did change the world and make history. Bitch was THE MOST FAMOUS PERSON IN THE WORLD at that time...whew else could say that?! That's pretty damn remarkable.

• Upvote 2

I'm still stuck at some ppl saying they didn't see it happen while others did :umm: that was always odd to me.

Even Michael Jackson said he was watching it on a big screen tv and he did not see it happen.

As soon as it happened, I could see the storm that was brewing. People were coming after Janet from every direction. It was exhausting defending her and a lot of her 'semi' fans jumped ship. So nobody is making light of that situation, but it did alter the course of history and spawned new phrases and ideas. So yeah, Janet did that.

• Upvote 2

I'm still stuck at some ppl saying they didn't see it happen while others did :umm: that was always odd to me.

Even Michael Jackson said he was watching it on a big screen tv and he did not see it happen.

I believe TIVO was a new product back in 2004... So the people who had it, rewound and seen the boob

I believe TIVO was a new product back in 2004... So the people who had it, rewound and seen the boob

I'm not talkin about rewinding stuff on TIVO cuz that was a given that that occurred cuz it set a record in TIVO history that was highly publicized.

I'm talking about the actual moment in realtime. I seen it when it happened, I didn't have to rewind anything...but then it was ppl who didn't see it happen as if the camera cut away before it was shown. How could some ppl have seen it happen while others missed it and/or had to rewind? That's what I was puzzled by. How can everyone be watching the same thing but not see the same ending?

I'm not talkin about rewinding stuff on TIVO cuz that was a given that that occurred cuz it set a record in TIVO history that was highly publicized.

I'm talking about the actual moment in realtime. I seen it when it happened, I didn't have to rewind anything...but then it was ppl who didn't see it happen as if the camera cut away before it was shown. How could some ppl have seen it happen while others missed it and/or had to rewind? That's what I was puzzled by. How can everyone be watching the same thing but not see the same ending?

It's pretty easy for the common viewer to miss something like that. There's only 30 frames in a second... the nipple is only there for 2 seconds/60 frames.

It's pretty easy for the common viewer to miss something like that. There's only 30 frames in a second... the nipple is only there for 2 seconds/60 frames.

So the viewer had to have turned away? Cuz if you didnt see the boob pop out then that means you didnt see the pyros that went off behind them. It all happened at the same time. So,if you didnt go blind within those 2 seconds or you didnt turn away...then?? What could the conclusion be? It still seems strange.

So the viewer had to have turned away? Cuz if you didnt see the boob pop out then that means you didnt see the pyros that went off behind them. It all happened at the same time. So,if you didnt go blind within those 2 seconds or you didnt turn away...then?? What could the conclusion be? It still seems strange.

That's actually the distraction, the pyros mixed with the cut to wide angle. Also your eye is trained to focus on the persons face when singing, Justin Timberlakes face at that moment not Janet's.

Studies show that our minds tend to fill in the gaps. Some people "thought" they saw something but passed it off as imagination until the aftermath hit the news.

• Upvote 1

That's actually the distraction, the pyros mixed with the cut to wide angle. Also your eye is trained to focus on the persons face when singing, Justin Timberlakes face at that moment not Janet's.

Studies show that our minds tend to fill in the gaps. Some people "thought" they saw something but passed it off as imagination until the aftermath hit the news.

Now, THAT does make a little bit more sense to me.

• Upvote 1