Joan Rivers on life support

bu.

Joan Rivers is on life support ... and sources close to the legendary comedian tell TMZ she is completely reliant on machines to stay alive.

According to our sources, the family will have to decide in the next couple of days whether to keep the 81-year-old on life support. We're told the family remains hopeful that if they do decide to turn off the machines, she will make a turn for the better and fight through it. 

As TMZ first reported, Rivers was rushed to the hospital after she stopped breathing during throat surgery on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3BxLNVjrN

article-2738687-20EF58E900000578-72_634x

article-2738687-20EF58E500000578-951_634

article-2738687-20E47F7800000578-498_634

article-2736852-20E2F28800000578-277_634

===============================================

My respect for her dropped after her Palestine comments but I hope she recovers. She is pretty awesome. 

The only reason she's alive is bc of machines?

RIP Joan Rivers #Legend

They put her into a medically induced coma and mild hypothermia to reduce any brain injury caused by lack of oxygen during her cardiac arrest.

She'll be brought out of that in a few days. Then the decision has to be made whether to take her off of the machines. If she's strong enough to then pull through without life support. 

They put her into a medically induced coma and mild hypothermia to reduce any brain injury caused by lack of oxygen during her cardiac arrest.

She'll be brought out of that in a few days. Then the decision has to be made whether to take her off of the machines. If she's strong enough to then pull through without life support.

I hope it works.. But I am strongly against keeping people in a. vegetable state of mind

My honest fact.. On record, If I'm ever in that situation, pull the plug PLEASE..

I wish her a fast and speedy recovery

she said they started the war and were told to get out. That those who died probably had low IQs. Then she apologized and said the media blew her statement out of context

I don't think she apologised? I thought she said she sticks by what she said although it was blown out of context?