FACEBOOK NOW THROWS YOU UNDER THE BUS - Page 3

EphraimAdamz

From here on facebook will be asking its users for a copy of their GOVERNMENT ID's a couple million at a time.

This is true because my friend was locked out of her account earlier today. We she told me it asked for her state ID I assumed it was spam or a virus. But then I did research....

---------------------

Earlier this year, Instagram and Facebook users were confused when they were locked out of accounts and then asked to provide a copy of their “government-issued, photo ID” to regain access.

Now, it appears that many have been locked out of their Facebook accounts again and are, once again, being asked for their IDs, prompting many to voice their discontent over the issue.

The marketing and media magazine noted that when this issue came to light in January, Facebook said it was “just a general practice for both Facebook and Instagram to request photo IDs for verification purposes depending on what type of violation may have occurred.”

Facebook explained more about ID account verification on the Manage Your Account portion of its website.

“We require everyone using Facebook to use their real name and birthday. This way, you always know who you’re connecting with. When we discover accounts that look fake or like they’re using fake information, we ask the owner to confirm that they are who they say they are,” Facebook said.

While the current issue is with Facebook asking for IDs to allow users back into accounts, the company claims there are benefits to ponying up your ID voluntarily too.

“Verifying your account will make it easier for people to find and connect with you. When you verify your account with a valid ID, you’ll appear more frequently in the people to follow list. You’ll also have the option to use an alternate name more prominently on Facebook,” Facebook said on its website.

When sending a copy of your ID, Facebook requests users cover up sensitive information like a license or passport number. Facebook said it deletes these copies after verification is complete.

While many don’t seem comfortable with Facebook asking for their IDs, the top comment on a thread about the issue on reddit has a solution.

Simple solution - delete your account :umm:

I hate when people use a service and do nothing but complain about it. No one is forcing you to use it. If you don't like the privacy issue then just delete your account?

B-I-N-G-O! Every single fucking word, the people I know who hate Facebook this much, don't have 1 anymore, same with Twitter, and same with Instagram, I know people who've had and hated accounts for each...they don't anymore.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

iphones have plenty of problems. I have a few friends that have them and they're always freezing or having connection problems. Data also

:blink: I'm sorry but your "friends" aren't me.. And every electronics device freezes but the newest devices don't do it that often but nice try

I'm not sure what "data also" means but I haven't had any issues with my connections, data, or freezing